[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is USA unironically a better team than England?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 13
File: america vs england.jpg (36 KB, 432x269) Image search: [Google]
america vs england.jpg
36 KB, 432x269
Is USA unironically a better team than England?
>>
>>68743735

Of course not you deluded mongoloid
>>
>Yfw you wake up and we switched managers
>>
>>68743735
USA has done better than England at the last two world cups. If we beat Argentina, I would say yes.
>>
>>68743735

When Argentina, a nation conquered by England and still cry about it, demolish you in 2 hours. You will know.
>>
>>68743735
based upon which metric?
>>
>>68743791
The game is tomorrow
>>
>>68743755
Prove it
>>
>>68743735
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_ATTEMPTED_ATTACK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-20-16-01-59

>British citizens
>>
>>68743817

Then you have 24 hours to prepare clint dempsay for his man u signing
>>
>>68743837
virus, don't click
>>
>>68743845
Pls sign
>>
So we have USA vs Aregtnina (LEL good luck)
Chile vs Colombia............ I will be honest I have enjoyed the Copa America vs this shitshow of a Euro, the new rules have fucked it. (Euro)
>>
>>68743883
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/20/donald-trump-rally-man-threatened-harm-gun-police-officer-acosta-lv.cnn

better you fucking assassin wannabe?
>>
>>68743735
Not even close, we don't have a single player who would get into England's starting lineup.
>>
>>68743735
No, And I'll tell you why.

England played against teams who played anti-football.

England actually have a good chance at getting past the next few teams in their way.

This current English team could beat France in the quarter finals
>>
>>68743919
I'm pretty sure Jermaine Jones is a better player than Jordan Henderson.
>>
>>68743907
>sign in with your email to view article

you won't trick me amerifat
>>
>>68743735
Yes. If we beat Argentina tomorrow, then we are equal with Germany. England cannot beat Russia or Slovakia, they are garbage. I'm talking current form here people.
>>
Yes, USA can win when it matters because they have a natural winning mentality. England are cucks with shit tactics who will always choke when it matters, regardless of how good they are.
>>
>>68743980
Imagine England talent with American grit and heart. GOAT
>>
>>68743933
Agreed, but Jordan Henderson is England's 5th-best midfielder, he has no business starting for them.
>>
>>68743980
I hope you aren't joking, because this is so true. USA will get shit on tomorrow, but dammit they'll go for it.
>>
>>68743980
>England are cucks with shit tactics who will always choke when it matters, regardless of how good they are

England is to the rest of world like Liverpool and Tottenham are to the premiership.
>>
>>68743907
Trump means fart in some areas of England. Imagine our amusement when America is gonna elect a queef.
>>
yes
or at the very least, from what I can tell, brooks/cameron and wood/dempsey combos are better than engshit
god watching the itv postgame rationalization tonight was painful, fuck this team
>>
>>68744076
Not even memeing but what team is going to snatch Brooks up? Dude is good.
>>
>>68743735
lol no
>>
>>68744076
Sometimes I feel bad for England because there are definitely some good players on the team but some of them act like they forget how to play as soon as they put on an England kit
>>
>>68744122
kyle beckerman is gonna end messi's career tomorrow amigo. ¿Estás listo?
>>
File: NYP_280_1064498a.jpg (44 KB, 280x313) Image search: [Google]
NYP_280_1064498a.jpg
44 KB, 280x313
USA 1-1 England

never forget
>>
>>68743777
>If we beat Argentina
That's a pretty big if m8
>>
>>68743735
lel
>>
>>68744212
just let us win bro
>>
Is John Brooks unironically a better defender than Chris Smalling?
>>
>>68743735
Crazy ppl all over the /sp/
>>
I think so, USA has done better than Englel in the WC, the only place it matters.
They have their "world cup" but so does Urugay, doesn't mean they're better than us at the moment
>>
>>68743735
No.
>>
>>68743735
yep
>>
I'd say USA are a better team despite having lesser players. Klinsmann seems to get the best out of them when it matters.
>>
>>68743735
2 or 3 years ago when Dempsey was younger and we had Donovan, Bocanegra and I would say yes. This is the first time in many years I've seen the England team seem to click and contrarily the worst I've seen the USMNT in years, so no.
>>
>>68743735
World Cups Hosted:
England - 1
USA - 1

World Cups Won:
England - 1
USA - 0

Checkmate Yanks. That 100% record feels good.
>>
>>68743735
yes
>>
>>68744778
Yes
>>
>>68745286
You mean the Jules Rimet cup?
>>
>>68745286
2014 World Cup Points:
USA - 4
England - 1

Checkmate Brits. That 400% differential feels good.
>>
>>68743791
lol worst comparison ever. you conquered them militarily while we're playing them in soccer, the US could crush either country militarily in a matter of hours, days if not using nukes. The US is better than England in soccer now anyway, you have no inbred, Chav leg to stand on.
>>
>>68743735
not better, just more successful lately.

>2002 we were equal
>2006 they did better
>2010 we did better
>2014 we did better

we always punch above our weight
>>
File: Pickles_dog.jpg (32 KB, 200x281) Image search: [Google]
Pickles_dog.jpg
32 KB, 200x281
>>68745511
>>68745724

England vs USA head-to-head results:
P10 W7 D1 L2
36 goals scored, 9 conceeded.

England haven't lost to USA in twenty-three years. The only other loss was in 1950. You are nothing to us.
>>
File: Bop6s_HCUAEWqNh.png (234 KB, 392x377) Image search: [Google]
Bop6s_HCUAEWqNh.png
234 KB, 392x377
>>68744058
Kek yea ok buddy
>>
File: non-elite countries get out.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1588) Image search: [Google]
non-elite countries get out.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1588
>>68745286
>World Cups Won:
>USA - 0
Nice cherry picking, faggot.
>>
>>68743735
>Is USA unironically a better team than England?

We have been since 2010.

Why do English Bongs still overrate their shit team in comparison to their American superiors?
>>
England is a horrible team. When was the last time they won a game that mattered? 1966?
>>
>>68743791
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate

m8
>>
>>68745774
>just more successful lately
>lately
how is it that a UK flaggot can't read english?
>>
No, even Jamaica are better than USA as they showed last year in Gold Cup
>>
>>68745774
Enjoy those friendlies. England lost to USA in the 1950 World Cup and the 1993 US Cup and managed a draw in the 2010 World Cup.
>>
>>68746507
>Enjoy those friendlies.
Oh they do, it's all that's left that gives them meaning. Just like their greatest achievement in their "rivalry" with Germany is beating them in a fucking qualifying game, but they enshrine it anyways because there'd be nothing else to live on besides.
>>
Gotta bump this for the sake of argument.
>>
>>68743735
Why are Americans so obsessed with being better than England?
Fuck me at least have some ambition.
>>
>>68743822
We dont have a vardy/messi quality player

they call that 'world class"
>>
If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody in your country was paying attention, did it even happen?
>>
>>68743791
You can't even beat Costa Rica
>>
>>68745286
Didn't you cheat to win that one though?
>>
>>68751411
>Vardy
>World Class

He's a one season wonder, he's already like what? 28?
>>
>>68751402
Dunno, we're better at you in everything else we try, other than hockey Americans are the apex of Anglo athleticism in every sport we try at.

Would be cool to topple you guys desu
>>
>>68743735
Stupid question. No way USA is I unironically better than England at soccer.

USA is obviously ironically better than England at soccer.

If you can't see the irony of a country that pretty much only cares about soccer not making it out of an easy wc group stage while one that doesn't really give a shit about soccer makes it out of the toughest group in the tournament, then you don't know what irony is.

The funniest part about everything is that England's manager situation is so whack. How do they have no elite managers? It's so fucking pathetic.
>>
A nation is only as good as the up and rising talent that they have in it. Stating the fact that England has Kane, Smalling, Alli, Etc and United States only has two maybe three potential players that are going to be good. Also adding to the fact that England is currently ranked 11 with 1069 points while United States is ranked 31 with 803 points. I have to say that England is better and will be better than the United States for a long time .
>>
>>68751472
As old as Payet.
>>
>>68743791

you never conqured argentina, you got blown the fuck out as soon as you reached the port
, that's why you went for the tiny inbred islands that only had some farm animals
>>
Sterling starts for England.

Pulisic is literally 10x the player he is at 17 and can't get any playing time.

It's pretty obvious which team is better.

/thread
>>
>>68751565
And yet Payet is way better
>>
>Americans ACTUALLY believe this

ayyyy
fucking
lmaooooo

I don't think a single American player- in their entire history- would get into Englands squad. Friedel, Keller or whatever? Tom Heaton is a better goalkeeper. Dempsey? Mediocre tap in merchant. Wouldn't get close to the England squad. Donovan? Absolute dogshit, flopped hard in Europe, literally a worse version of Lallana.

Freddy Adu is a top 10 player in the entire history of United States 'soccer'. FREDDY. ADU. Brian McBride, who is probably the 30th best striker in Fulham history is the best attacker that the USA have ever produced. This isn't the Netted Basket Association. You can't produce world class players when every single 'athlete' your country produces is a 20 IQ nigger with a degree in micro-aggression ancient egyptian BBQ comfort food communications from the University of Conneticut who only got a degree because the school needed a black nigger for their marketing booklets so that cuckold white americans would choose to go to their school. Top 10 american 'soccer' stars of all time

1. Landon Donovan
2. Brad Friedel
3. Brian McBride
4. Alexei Lalas
5. Freddy Adu
6. Kaisey Keller
7. Tim Howard
8. Jozy Altidore
9. Chad Ochochino
10. Gambit McPhesterson Balboa

the USA are a fucking joke. When the biggest achievement in your countries entire footballing history is losing to Ghana in the 2nd round of the worst world cup in history that is alarmingly pathetic. When your main rival in football is fucking MEXICO that is pathetic. England have Germany and Argentina trying to keep pace with us. You spend your time trying to think up new strategies to avoid concerning 3 goals a game to Giovanni Dos Santos. LOL
>>
File: Robert Green.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Robert Green.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>68751925
Your tea is getting cold.
>>
>>68751925
Fucking lmao britfags literally BTFOing themselves
>>
>>68751925
Tyrone-Richard, are you okay? :(

What triggered you so much? :o Talking about sports is like that, you know? Different people think differently and come to other conclusions.

>Btw nobody in Germany really cares about England, we don't see you as competition.
>>
USA Quarterfinals
ENG Quarterfinals

USA Group stage
ENG Quarterfinals

USA Round of 16
ENG Round of 16

USA Round of 16
ENG Group stages

Hmm...
If we have not surpassed England already (and we most likely have), we will become clearly superior within the next 5 years
By 2022 we will be a top 15 soccer nation, by 2026 top 5 and by 2030 the consensus best team in the world
>>
>>68751925
>literally 1(one) point
>>
>>68743735
Both suck so who cares?
>>
>>68752077
we have 5 points mate
>>
>>68751925

You would wish you had Donovan rather than Rooney when it came down to it.
>>
>>68752111
Didn't have that many last World Cup
>>
>>68752231
Donovan was an unironic bust in the EPL
>>
File: usmnt.png (266 KB, 598x299) Image search: [Google]
usmnt.png
266 KB, 598x299
>>68743735
Only in terms of dental hygiene and overall optimism.
>>
>>68752244
>a tournament from 2 years ago
>relevant

If we're allowing ancient history then you and your ilk have no say on football matters until you actually win the world cup.
>>
>>68752351
This is the same Donovan who delivered in international competition when it mattered, unlike Rooney.
>>
>>68752357
And you all are football mages because you refballed a win 49 years ago?
>>
>>68752470
My point - if you're going to invoke irrelevant history then ours is superior anyway
>>
File: 1462532795669.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462532795669.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>68751925
>England have Germany and Argentina trying to keep pace with us
>trying to keep pace with us

Somebody increase upload filesize to about 4 TB please, otherwise I can't possible upload all the reaction images this classic piece of bong humo(u)r deserves.

The only one who cares about England's soccer team and/or their cute little rivalry are a bunch of inbred hooligans with their piss stained donkey teeth. You send those idiots to cups hosted in civilized nations where they act like feral monkeys before starting shit with their russian counterparts and get their shit kicked in because fighting is a bit harder than throwing beer bottles at ship windows, as some of you had to learn the hard way recently in Marseilles.

No offense my famalam from Westbamham, but your team is a bunch of lame ghouls led by a zombie and supported by a bunch of goblins.
You guys would make a fine army in any Warhammer game, but when it comes to soccer you'd best not start taking on airs.

>any team
>trying to keep pace
>with bongland

HO
LEE
SHIT

Somebody send me a new pair of sides because this one is as gone as England's dreams of ever winning a cup again.
>>
Our defense is actually looking solid for once. Brooks-Cameron is somehow working, after 2 years of mixing between Besler and Gonzalez and the aforementioned pair, the US back line is unironically pretty good.

But that center back pairing will be given its greatest test yet against the Argies tomorrow.
>>
>>68752478
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Everybody laughs about England, I don't think there is a real footballing nation that takes you seriously and your history is a joke
>>
>>68751577
>yfw PuliGOD comes on at 70' tomorrow and scores a hat trick and Messi hangs himself because he'll never win anything for his country ever
>>
>>68752064

That's not how it works, you need to train a new generation every 10 years and that's doesn't guarantee it will be good. Not in the US at least since apehood & others have more coverage
>>
>>68752543
Thank you for the common sense.
>>
>>68751556
You are literally retarded.

We'll start when the US qualified for the WC in the modern era.This, I know, will cut out England's win, and the US's 3rd place finish. But, when we say "better", I think it's good to look over the last 30 years or so, because really, we're not comparing teams in the 1920's, we're comparing them NOW.

Since 1990, USA qualifies for WC: 7/7 times.
England: 6/7 times (failed in 1994).

Knockout Stage Performances:
USA: Fail, R16, Fail, QF, Fail, R16, R16
England: 4th, DNQ, R16, QF, QF, R16, Fail

England certainly holds the edge in terms of World Cup performances, but the trend is most certainly downward.

IMO, the US, now that it has its own stable, professional soccer league, is going to get better and better.

England, meanwhile, are getting worse as their teams become filled with foreign talent, and their mentality continues to be weak.

The players you mention are good. For their clubs. But when they put on the England shirt, they become garbage. That matters more than their talent level.

Look at Cristiano Ronaldo, for example. He's one of the top players in the world. Period. But when he's in the Portuguese shirt, he often fails to produce, like he's failing to do right now in the Euros. If your talent doesn't produce, the players are useless.

The US has players playing in top leagues around the world, and best of all, they play better for the US than they do for their clubs, because the American team has an extremely good mentality and right now are gaining consistency.

US is ranked artificially low right now. We just rattled off 3 consecutive wins vs good competition, meanwhile England is about to flounder to a knockout stage exit after stumbling through their group.

We'll probably lose to Argentina, but we'll give the current best team in the world a good fight. I would not expect the English team to trouble the Argentines, despite their talent on paper, because they are a mentally weak team.
>>
>>68752505
no they don't. we're one of the great footballing countries at club level. germany isn't even considered in the same tier as us, italy and spain. arent you behind us in the coefficients again next year? that's where you belong.
>>
>>68743735
Yes. The US goes either as far or farther than England does in international tournaments, and the last time they played each other they tied.

England is the better team on paper but that means fucking nothing if you don't get results. USA has the slight edge over England right now.
>>
>>68752064
Terrible comments. Any progression as a soccer nation is not going to be linear. No nation has had a trend like the one you're describing, and no nation ever will. The margins between victory/defeat are too small at the highest levels of soccer to allow for that kind of domination by any one team.

>>68752543
I can't understand the second part, but the first part is true. Every 10-15 years you need a new generation of talent coming through.

The US had one generation in the 1990's. We were a team literally made up of amateurs and indoor soccer players. We qualified for the WC 3 times in succession, and made a knockout round appearance.

Our next generation ran roughly from 2000-2012. We made 3 WC again, we topped the Hexagonal (CONCACAF qualifying) twice, made the knockout stages twice, and the QF once (and we played the Germans off the pitch, only a handball saved them).

Now, 2012-2016, only a select few older players from the previous generation remain (e.g Howard, Dempsey). We topped the Hex, made the knockout rounds, and now we're in the Semi's against Argentina in the Copa America. The goal is to improve upon the previous generation incrementally. Getting to the knockout stages in Russia is now mandatory, and a QF appearance is what we should shoot for. After that, we play with house money, and anything can happen.
>>
Yeah. England's a bad joke.
>>
>>68752640
>No we are! >:( :'( srsly
Yeah right. We're totally talking about club level football. Enjoy your plastic oilshekel league! :)
I mean, I prefer not having to spend a month's salary for a ticket to a stadium where I'm not even allowed to drink, smoke and even stand, but that's just me.

Also:

>invent sport
>suck at it
>>
>>68752736
Enjoy your shit quality football tournament every 4 years. Club has always been more important than country to real fans and not casual trash like you.

>invent no sports, adopt ones we invented instead
>only decent at one (at international level only)

why is germany such a cultureless, soulless shithole?
>>
>>68743735
england has great talented players and they are really really good , but somehow they play some of the most rigid uninspired futbol I've seen for a top team. I think their problem are not the players but the coaches, with tactics that doesn't translate well into the rest of europe and the world, we see that in the champions league already

usa right now is a very competitive team that can give trouble to any team as long they don't concede first, they're very confortable sitting back with constant help (almost like atletico de madrid) and countering but I see them very predictable going forward when they have to chase a result, we saw that when they played colombia.

Overall i would say england is better
>>
>Of all the teams in the world, Americans are trying to decide if they're better than England

Fucking wew lads. Arent you supposed to be striving to be successful? dick measuring against our notoriously shit team isn't exactly setting the bar high.
>>
>>68752805
It's really just because of cultural ties. We're rivals with Mexico too, a team that's shit in international soccer as well.
>>
>>68752796
Pretty good analysis. I think we're a better attacking team than we showed against Colombia, however.

I do agree that we're finding consistency and success off the backbone of a strong backline and counter-attacking play, though we're significantly better at holding onto the ball compared to teams 10 years ago.
>>
In the present, we are better than Mexico. We are better than englelnd

Britbongs failed miserably in the world cup. Meanwhile we made it far and nearly went top 8.

USA has better players. Better coach. Better attitude. You will see when we destroy Argentina
>>
>>68752762
>invent no sports, adopt ones we invented instead
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/04/02/no-england-did-not-invent-football-soccer-as-we-know-it/
You're not only shit at it, you didn't even invent it, not alone at least.
>only decent at one (at international level only)
Germany is both football and handball world champion, whereas England as a country hasn't won any championship in ages.
>>
>>68752886
That refutes your original point then, dickhead

>handball

lmao literally no one cares. literally less relevant than darts. Face it, you're a one sport nation who sucks at literally everything else.
>>
>>68752762
>Club has always been more important than country
That's why I always buy a seasonal ticket for my 2nd Bundes team and already did when >we were still playing in the 3rd division and follow them around Germany all season long.

You didn't get anything I wrote, did you?
It seems like English brains are even worse than English teeth.

Well, you should argue with the Americans again, that's your level.

Apparently more and more Englishmen travel to Germany to see football matches. To see affordable, real football with fans that actually support their teams. You can say what you want, even your fellow countrymen know we are miles ahead of you and that won't change in the near future.

You know, it's in fact a bit sad, I imagine that English football must have been great in grandpa's times and seeing it today is just pathetic.

Please, stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>68752886
>RWC
>3 tdf winners in the past 5 years
>dominate f1 and motorsport in general
>t20 WC
>6 nation grand slam this year
>Better than germany at the olympics
>dominate various other niche sports such as snooker, darts etc

>meanwhile in germany
>m-muh handball

LOL
>>
>>68752939
I'm sure everyone loves watching the Bayern feeder league. Remember that brief period of German dominance from 2013 to 2013? Meanwhile 3 different English teams have won the CL in recent memory. You are fucking trash at club level and always have been outside of one team.
>>
>>68752940
also boxing, current UFC champion etc

turkmany has never had a world class boxer
>>
>>68752886
Do you know that >we actually invented handball?

It's nice to really see some matches, like basketball with goals instead of niggers.

I'm sure the English would rage if they knew that >we won every single World Cup and Euro in handball when it was still played on a field. Occasionally, there were even finals between East and West Germany since noone reached us.

Nowadays, other European nations like France, Spain, Poland or the Scandinavian ones (in other words: noone) caught up, but >we still show the world how to not suck in a game >we invented at least.

Oh well, I'm out. It's so sad to talk to them 2bh.
However, you made a mistake. Spain is the world champion in handball right now. We just steamrolled them in the last Euro final
>>
>>68752991
They """had""" the Klitschkos kek
>>
>>68753042
>Do you know that >we actually invented handball?

No you didn't, and you're not even close to being the best at it. Handball is France's game. (coincidentally another country that has pedigree in various other sports, unlike germany)
>>
England are a shit good team and the USA are good shit team. (obviously a simplification)

I.e. small teams park the bus against England because of their players and England can't break them down because they can't play in tight spaces. Whereas teams try and beat the US, which means there is more space etc, and the US quite often win.
>>
>>68743777
Nice meme, friend
>>
>>68743791
Sorry mate but you never really conquered. You should study some history, we kicked you out twice. You just got two shitty cold islands which are basically shit anyway. But still, USA sucks.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>68753146
wish people would shut up about the falklands 2bh. it's shite banter
>>
>>68753102
good post tbf
>>
>>68746136
>>68751569
>>68753146
Argentina was a proxy colony for the UK for a while lol. Wales is better than England and the USA anyway
>>
>>68753102
No, you're not a shit good team, you're just a shit team.
Having overpaid primadonnas that can't play in tight spaces against teams that are tactically far better set up than Woy's Wittle Army doesn't justify having the word "good" to describe your team.
The fact that England even bothers to play possession soccer shows how deluded you are. At least us Americans know that defensive play is the way to go. And that's only because we haven't unleashed our Kraken yet (Pulisic)
Talk to you tomorrow when messi gets shut down by John Brooks
>>
>>68743744
CHI
>>
>>68753179
>pulisic
sounds like a meme player
>>
>>68753256
He's the American answer to Messi except he doesn't have literal Assburgers
>>
>>68753102
Kinda.

The US excels as underdogs. We always have a chip on our shoulder, and as a team perform better than the sum of our parts.

The English team often looks great on paper. They play significantly worse than expected. Consistently.

Perhaps that leads to teams taking certain tactical approaches to the game that lends more space to the US vs. England. But, I imagine that each game is tactically decided based on relative strengths/weaknesses and tournament positioning (e.g Team A, on 1 point going into the final game, will attack England OR the USA, regardless, because they'd need a win to advance).
>>
>>68753270
Stop over-hyping him dude. Let him develop before you talk about Messi.

It's people like you who create the Freddy Adu's of the world.
>>
>>68753294
To be fair you can say this of any national teams. The ones that look great on paper almost always underperform.
>>
>>68743735
If you asked this question last year, it'd have been an undisputed yes. Now, it's not so clear. Wait a while more.

Should USA get host the 2026 World Cup though, it'll be the best chance to win the World Cup that they'll ever have.
>>
>>68753305
Fuck you get out of my country Pulisic will score a hattrick on Argentina in place of Bobby Wood
>>
>>68752940
>>68752991

Now they start clinging to other sports nobody, least of all the self proclaimed "soccer nation" England, cares about.

Can't you guys just admit what everybody else is seeing clear as day?
Your team sucks and if you don't make some drastic changes, it is going to suck.

What needs to happen before you realize that, does the murrican team need to kick you out of the 2018 WC or something?

Get some younger players, study some TEAM(!) tactics and stop treating this sport like a pokemon game where you simply assemble a bunch of high tier characters and try to out-dive the other bunch of divas.

Here, have a haiku or some shit:

The only way
that good teams play
is team play

<3
>>
England are probably better but Woy is a complete fucking idiot, how is he still allowed to manage their team is amazing actually
>>
>>68753322
Bale is better than both teams on his own
>>
File: Soccer interest.png (64 KB, 329x732) Image search: [Google]
Soccer interest.png
64 KB, 329x732
>>68753322
We'd proclaim ourselves a 'football nation'. Nobody would say soccer.
>>
>>68753417
English coaching is always shit. Our Olympic teams started doing well after they hired Australian coaches. Now our cricket & rugby teams have been doing well since hiring Aussies. Basically we need an Aussie coach. Shame they don't like football.
>>
>>68753308
But the US is consistently good despite a lack of star players or technical ability. Even small European teams have star players and/or more technical ability than the US.

We've never had an Ibra, a Hagi, a Messi, a Modric, or a Bale. And for a long time our team had a serious lack of ability. The gap is smaller now, but still there.
>>
>>68753319
DESIGNATED
SHITTING
STREETS

Worst kind of fan. Let him develop, and he'll be better in the long-run. He won't be thrown to the wolves this tournament, and I'm glad. He's 17, and he needs to be gradually phased into the team. Plenty of time for hat tricks.
>>
>>68753179
Trying to play positive/possession football is more risky, but generally a teams that do win major tournaments. The only exception being Greece ('arguably' also Italy). Negative football is a more effective for progression due to the nature of football, but in most cases a negative team will eventually concede first in a match against a more attacking team and lose when they push for an equaliser etc.
>>
>>68753588
>not detecting irony
You come off as a Xheattle Sounders faggot

Obviously pulisic won't be tossed into the mixer, we need to be as defensive as possible. Learn your memes, Pulisic is overhyped as fuck.
Our best players grow from a lack of hype (John "I used to be shit 10 months ago" Brooks)
Also I'm American, just in India for a couple weels
>>
>>68743735

If the USA played England right now in a tournament they would put 10 men behind the ball and try to get a goal on the break, that speaks volumes about the gulf in class between the two teams.

Any team that actually comes out and plays football against us is at least as good as us or better.

I hope that answers your question.
>>
>>68753174
Damn you really are deluded
>>
I'm sorry, but I have to admit england are alot better than the USA.

>b b but the last two world cups waaaah waaaah

It doesn't matter
>>
>>68743933

Henderson is abysmal. I would take Jones or Dempsey over him
>>
>>68746019

Lel did you get those stars for winning against some dentists?
>>
>>68754335
Actually against USA England would also put 10 men behind the ball because Woy is in charge.
>>
>>68746019
What are those stars for?
>>
>>68743735
far inferior talent, much stronger identity and cohesion. we've finished ahead of them in each of the past 2 world cups desu
>>
What are your predictions for the match tomorrow, laddies? I'm going 3-1 Argentina. Deuce will score a meme goal with lots of heart.
>>
>>68754395
>it doesn't matter
That's literally the metric for success
>>
>>68754896

no they wouldn't, they don't play that way against anyone, you are clueless
>>
>>68753163

This. It's USA tier banter. When someone makes a joke about USA, their rebuttals are all military shit and "your country vs my country" charts.
Does anyone have that pic of "where's USA?" and France or Canada summoning it by saying something about banning guns or whatever?
>>
>>68751925
this is an incredibly strong post
>>
>>68754936
The match is today, like in 13 hours.
>>
USA is a country, dummy.
>>
>>68754952
yeah usually the same fat joke that i've seen 1000x is a really compelling piece of banter that is far better than ironic military shitposting
>>
>>68754936
I pray to God that we score a meme early goal from Deuce and our Cameron-Brooks back line grinds out a 1-0 win.
In reality we'll concede 2 goals in the first half and park the bus till full time for a respectable 0-2 loss.

The one thing I'm interested to see is who Klinsmann will play in place of bedoya and jones. He can play Nagbe and Beckerman, but nagbe can't defend for shit. However, Nagbe could be a wild card since he's pretty creative on the offensive end. He could also play Zusi in place of Bedoya for some more defensive comfort. I'm almost certain that Beckerman will replace Jones tho. Beckerman will run his ass off tomorrow
>>
>>68754907
Each star represents a million Jews killed.
>>
>>68754992
>we
what city streets did you shit in pajeet
>>
>>68754991

Nah I'm with you on that one. People have overused memes about yanks and jokes about you are rarely amusing now. People need to come up with something new.
>>
>>68755030
we've all been here too long m8
>>
>>68751925

100% true
>>
>>68755026
I'm an American staying in india for two weeks. Since when did Indians bandwagon the USA. Most pajeets root for Argentina or Brazil or Spain because everyone here has a hard-on for Latin soccer
>>
Shit bantz itt
>>
>>68745673

>he US could crush either country militarily in a matter of hours

you realize that England has nukes too

you would just fuck each other's shit up
>>
File: 1458569814930.jpg (133 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
1458569814930.jpg
133 KB, 629x800
>>68751925
>England have Germany and Argentina trying to keep pace with us
i know it's bait but i cant help myself
>>
File: Batistuta.jpg (12 KB, 340x247) Image search: [Google]
Batistuta.jpg
12 KB, 340x247
>>68755036
>>
>>68754948
You're right, under Woy they play even worse than that.
>>
>>68752605
>Since 1990, USA qualifies for WC: 7/7 times.
>England: 6/7 times (failed in 1994).

You can't compare them based on qualification when the format and level of competition is drastically different in the qualifiers
>>
England were unironically too good for this fucking shit group. Slovakia, Wales and Russia are not even in the same stratosphere as England. We are better than all 3 combined and not a single one of them would get any player in our team. Yes, I include Bale. Lallana and Sterling are both better than Bale and Andros Townsend is at least as good and didn't even get into our squad. England are TOO FUCKING GOOD for this group. If you put Mike Tyson in the ring with a fucking ferret the ferret would run away and Mike wouldn't land a punch. Put Mike in the ring with a heavyweight and he destroys him. England will easily beat any of the so called 'top' teams because they might try and fucking score. England will win this fucking tournament. England are like a caver who crawls through caves as a living. Put a caver in a wide open field and he has no idea what to do because he isn't trained for it, but put him in a dangerous and tight cave and he'll ease through just like England will when we play France or Germany or whoever.

>Wales potential 2nd round opponents
Albania. Wales won't beat them, Albania will just park the bus
Nothern Ireland, as above
Poland or Germany who will both destroy Wales
Czech Republic or Croatia, both far better than Wales

>England potential 2nd round opponents
Iceland, lel. fucking meme joke. England will devastate them as punishment for that volcano ruining our holidays a few years back, hopefully a few Iceland fans will get smashed outside the ground
Austria or Hungary. LEL, might need to reform the old empire they had to even scrape a draw
Portugual. Utter shit joke of a team. Clyne and Walker are both too good for old man Ronaldo.

England will reach the quarters, destroy France in front of their own fucking pathetic fans, Destroy Italy then beat whoever in the final.Wales are a fucking baby who teamed up with the other babies to escape the play area faster than an adult. England are an adult and will crush the babies head soon,
>>
>>68751925

>Germany and Argentina trying to keep pace with us

Why do I even come here anymore. Literally every sentence typed on this board is pure bait.
>>
>>68746507

>managed a draw

Do you not remember that game? England were comfortably winning until their goal keeper spilled spaghetti and bundled the ball across his own line. It was a complete freak individual error.

I honestly thought Americans were joking when they bragged about that game but some of you seem to look back on it and take it seriously.
>>
>>68756950

>the two World Cup finalists are trying to keep pace with a team that scored 1 (one) point in group stages

Jesus Christ, there is probly an English cunt out there that actually believes this.
>>
>>68756980

>USA WINS 1-1
>>
Finishing second was England's plan all along. France had fixed the draw so they would get Northern Ireland in the last 16 then Wales in the quarter finals. England decided to throw a spanner into the works and cuck the french in the quarter finals of their own tournament.
>>
Better players: England
Better team: USA
>>
File: 1316196468327.jpg (44 KB, 324x400) Image search: [Google]
1316196468327.jpg
44 KB, 324x400
>>68743735

You're kidding right?
>>
>>68756980
>Up 1-0 and opponent rattles the post
>Don't score another goal
>Comfortable

I guess you didn't watch it either
>>
>>68756980
England scored in like the 3rd minute if I remember correctly. Then did fuck-all for 85.
>>
>>68743735
I like Klinsmann but no
>>
>>68743822

USA didn't qualify for the yuros
>>
>>68754293
>I'm actually American

Looks like (You) need to learn your memes.

Irony? What was "ironic" about your opinion?

Brooks wasn't "shit 10 months ago". He was unable to translate his club form for Hertha Berlin over to the USMNT for 2 reasons.

1. He was paired with different CB's every game.

2. The games in which he did the worse, in the 2015 Gold Cup, he's paired with fucking Alvarado, who doesn't play for his club and is overall shit.

Brooks needed an older, more experienced CB to play multiple games with, get a rapport, and now look at how good he's playing for us.
>>
>>68755030
DESU, same with "Argentina is White" shitposting, and a lot of other country-based memes.

Only good jokes are clever twists on the classic insults, usually brought about by a sporting event.
>>
>>68756102
You're right. It's harder to qualify out of CONCACAF with a squad of amateur College players than it is to qualify out of Europe, but I'll let that slide and compare the two countries with that metric anyway.
>>
>>68743735
yes.
>>
>>68756980
Lol, England scored in the 4th minute, then were shit the rest of the game. Altidore rattled the post when Green pushed his shot onto the crossbar, and Robbie Findley got stoned 1 v 1 against Green twice. Fuck out of here.
>>
>>68754395
How else would you compare them then
>>
>did better in the World Cup
>currently doing better against higher FIFA ranked teams than England is doing against lower FIFA ranked teams

There's no evidence saying USA isn't better than England.
>>
>>68764025

>0 World Cups
>0 relevant players
>>
Better team tournament, yes.

USMNT has probably the best mentality in the international game, they almost always turn up despite being shit on paper.

Meanwhile, England collapse at the slightest sight of resistance.

US are a big game team whereas we just aren't.
>>
>>68764025
They have a WC, sorry but without one you can't be better, that's life.
>>
>>68764113
I think that's pretty much the consensus.
>>
>>68764081
Zero counter points.
Zero relevance to the current state of both teams.
Zero relevancy as an argument.
>>
>>68764149
That has nothing to do with the current ranking of each current team.
>>
>>68753102
>England are a shit good team and the USA are good shit team. (obviously a simplification)

This FTW
>>
>>68764187
I don't make the rules pablo gonzalez washington, No WC, no recognition, you are just a fad until you win one.
If you think that's unfair just imagine how it must suck to be dutch.
>>
>>68751925
Wow this is old
>>
>>68753619
>positive football
Jesus Christ, shut up.
>>
>>68764816
He's right tho, he only used the incorrect term, he meant anti-futbol.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.