[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are soccer players not dehydrated as fuck? They're always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: RT_beto_ml_140622_12x5_1600.jpg (123 KB, 1600x668) Image search: [Google]
RT_beto_ml_140622_12x5_1600.jpg
123 KB, 1600x668
How are soccer players not dehydrated as fuck? They're always playing in hot countries and they only get water breaks every 45 minutes

t. hockey dman who's used to 90 second shifts
>>
They often find time to drink something when play has stopped.
>>
>90 second shifts
what
how does hockey work
>>
>>68696917

>Play for 90 seconds
>Me and my buddy go back to the bench
>Two other guys take our place
>Drink every other break

Repeat for 1 hour
>>
>>68696857
>they only get water breaks every 45 minutes
It's only 45 minutes of exercise, why would they get dehydrated?
>>
>>68696857
they are not skating around at 16 MPH like soccer fags are
>>
>>68696973
Why do you only play for 90 seconds? Hockey doesn't even seem that tiring, you just fly around on skates and then punch people.
>>
>>68697096
it takes a ton of fucking leg strength to skate around at high speed. Have you ever roller bladed before?
>>
>>68697151
It takes a ton of leg strength if you never exercise your leg muscles, which I suspect you don't tubs, but professional athletes do.
>>
>>68696857
>hockey

how about not using 20kg of gear?
>>
File: bakerslut.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bakerslut.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>>68697195
m8 skating fast at a professional level is hard as shit. if you ever buy glass seats at a game most of the guys are sweating balls after a few shifts
>>
>>68697195
By that logic they should have no problem running either
>>
>>68696857
They're only running for like 5% of the time. The rest is either shuffling or straight up walking
>>
>>68697096
Hockey arguably is one of the most tiring sports, there's no time when you're on the ice to have a mini break that can be good enough to get your breath back
>>
>>68697096
It's very very very tiring.
It's full blown sprint equivalent and you're never really not in motion.
>>
they drink before match starts
>>
>>68697318
>They're only running for like 5% of the time. The rest is either shuffling or straight up walking
>>
They do stop and get water when there are stoppages of play I have seen

Also when they had some of the games in Florida and it was like 105 degrees outside they had mandated water breaks every 20 minutes I think
>>
also dincance for mildfield player 10-11km in 90 min so its like you walking with 7km/h

av speed is 7km/h is most often. but max speed is like sprinter 30-34km/h
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.