[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA vs Argentina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 665x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 665x492
>Argentina defeated Venezuela 4-1
>USMNT lost key players in their game against Ecuador

So what are the odds that Messi and his band of Argies fucks the USMNT on the same scale that Chile demolished Mexico?

Is the US royally fucked? Or will they lose with a normal result?

Is a win for the US even remotely possible?
>>
Probably lose with 2 or 3 goals. 7 (seven) goal blowouts are pretty rare.
>>
Messi by himself can beat the "United States" "" "soccer "" " team.
>>
>>68670440
the chance is decent if your team chokes under pressure, i think they dont, if they play like us vs colombia they have a good chance of drawing, or you can fight like a warrior and pray lady luck is on your side
>>
>>68670440
Argentina will only win by two for banter purposes towards Mejico
>>
>>68670522
Dempsey by himself can beat the "Spanish" """"soccer"""" """""""""""team"""""""""""
>>
>>68670575
>Dempsey
literally who
>>
I honestly haven't watched a USA game since the Confed Cup game but If their defense is still solid, I can see USA forcing penulties if they park the bus just enough and Messi and DiMaria aren't inspired that day. Otherwise if Argentina manages to score a goal in the first half then it's rape time, 3 or 4 goal difference most likely. USA attack is historically very weak and always rely on Donovan and now Derpsey, I can't see him doing shit against world class defenders.
>>
>>68670440
Meme gods will make USA lose 2-0 to satisfy the Mexicans. It serves as compensation for their defeat.
>>
>>68670575
Who?

Honesty I don't know who that is lol.
>>
>>68670522
US has done pretty well recently haven't they?

Every time I try to pay attention it seams like England, France, Brazil, Mexico etc are getting BTFO while the US is advancing to the knock out rounds in the big tournaments.
>>
>>68670596
He's that guy who has more goals and assists than your entire team so far
>>
>>68670604
One of our commentators on Fox Sports says the US's best play style is getting one in and defending for the rest of the game, but I doubt they'll actually get one in.

If >we maintain a strong defense, I can see us getting to penalties and whether or not we scrape by with a win is up to the players.
>>
>>68670656
still no fucking idea that guy is
is he a professional footballer?
>>
>>68670722
It's (You).
>>
>>68670635
USA has meme magic behind them during official tournaments. Beating Spain at their peak or tieing against England and Portugal most recently. They might manage to pull it off. But if Argentina scores one on you it's all over.
>>
>>68670745
Don't forget the US managed to survive a beating from Germany during the World Cup. They managed to get by with a slap on the wrist and got away with a 1-0 loss thanks to that solid defense.
>>
>>68670722
Yes. I know being a professional anything is a hard concept for an unemployed spaniard to grasp.
>>
argentina hasnt gotten btfo in a tournament since 2010, (4-1)
the key to winning is to score within the first 5 minutes
>>
this shit is rigged so mexico/usa won

but chile fucked them hard

now USA is on pace to win, why else do you think Argentina has 2 less rest days than the US?

the scheduling just doesnt make sense
>>
>>68670440
The US has the tendency, when in major contests with MAJOR NTs, to punch above their weight. A lot of it probably has to do with the aggressive shell defense and occasional counter-attack style. They're more likely to lose a 1-0 squeaker than concede three-plus goals to the opposition no matter what the pedigree.

Not saying a blowout isn't possible. But when's the last time you saw the US get blown clear off the pitch by a major power in a genuine tournament?
>>
>>68670779
Exactly, I say the good old US of A will make the most memorable meme magic game in recent history. Final USA vs Colombia.
>>
>>68670440
lets see

>USA owns fifa
>Cup is hosted in USA
>USA strangely got the best results ever
>USA proclaimed it wants all America coups to be hosted there
>Chile, USAs pet magically beat mexico 7 0
>Mexico hasn't been rekt this hard since a billion years ago
Pretty high desu
>>
>>68670841

yeah, we planned to finish second in our group so we would face Brazil after it won its group

oh wait
>>
>>68670522
go back to your shitty cup bro
>>
>>68670722
How dare you, he's a 33 old US star striker playing in the major league soccer
>>
Who should I root for this match? I hate yanks and argies equally.
>>
i hope it ends usa 9-11 arg
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.