[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it worth it for the euros to go to 24 teams?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 640_macaulay_culkin_gaunt_inf.jpg (53 KB, 630x375) Image search: [Google]
640_macaulay_culkin_gaunt_inf.jpg
53 KB, 630x375
Was it worth it for the euros to go to 24 teams?
>>
>>68586410
No.

Fucking no.

I've maybe seen 2 games that weren't utterly boring.
>>
>>68586410
The fact that you can go through in third means that draws are far more important than they are in any other tournament so teams (especially the small teams who think they can't win) have been playing for them all the fucking time. It's been a disaster desu.
>>
Imo yeah
>>
Fuck no. Mediocre teams parking the bus everywhere because they don't even need to score goals to advance
>>
I don't like 3 teams going through but if the 8 additional teams are so weak then why are the games so close? If those teams were really too weak to be here then shouldn't they just get blown out by everyone?
>>
>>68586840
It isn't an issue of the quality of the teams, just the format change so that 3 teams go through. In normal tournaments only the opening game is cagey since teams don't want to lose, but after that they frequently have to go all out to win since there's only 2 qualification spots and they need the 3 points to get there. This time they can go through in third so they just park the bus, if you're a small team this option is especially appealing.
>>
>>68586410
we need reserves when a dozen teams get disqualified
>>
>>68587021
>>68586840
>>68586753
>>68586677
>>68586681
I was talking more on the crazy shit that is happening off the field. with all the fights
>>
>>68587153
Teams like Russia, Croatia and England qualify usually anyway. That's more just a factor of the political landscape at the minute than the expansion of the tournament.
>>
Yeah. Every game has been tight and the 3rd game round is important still for many teams.
>>
>>68586410
next time will be 32 teams but at least that means extra groups instead of 3rd place qualification like this time but even lower standard of play. fucking scotland and israel will probably make it to the groups
>>
>>68587307
>next time will be 32 teams
Please be lying. There will be no point having a qualification phase then
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.