[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this sport so boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (28 KB, 521x282) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28 KB, 521x282
Why is this sport so boring?
>>
"sport"
>>
Because it has vast spans of basically resetting/nothing happening inbetween moments of excitement/happening.

You might be waiting 20 minutes (or more, much more) to get something nice to look at like a 6 or an out.

It doles excitement out at a glacial pace.
>>
>>68398330
I enjoy it more than baseball, but that's not saying much
>>
Thank you based Japan. Also why is baseball liked so much in America? So fucking boring it should be on par with golf in terms of being a "sport"
>>
File: 1465691866055.jpg (252 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465691866055.jpg
252 KB, 682x1024
>>68398330
because I don't understand it and am too lazy to learn it so I call it boring to cover my ineptitude

seems like a cool game
>>
I want to see a cricket game live. Seems like nothing more than an excuse to sit out in the sun and drink.

Though I may just be really disillusioned with baseball right now.
>>
please don't watch our sport
>>
PLEASE
>>
>>68398540
Except that I know cricket.
>mfw got a century because fielders were too shit to hit the stumps after easy rolling 4's and hitting 6's

Still doesn't mean it's exciting.
>>
>>68398581
Pretty much
>>
>>68398330
>>68398867

Sorry its not as exciting as harpooning whales m8
>>
>>68398330
Any sport that is dominated by the likes of india and Pakistan is no real sport.
>>
>>68399006

>american
>talking about "real sports"

Top lel
>>
I usually shit on cricket when there's a debate about it vs. baseball,.but I'll go a different route and just defend both bat-and-ball games, both of which are criticized as "boring."

Why do people need to see players constantly running around to be "entertained?" We have plenty of sports, too many in fact, already cut from the "guy with the ball runs/dribbles in a general direction toward the opponent's goal and tries to score."

I know I've simplified it, but soccer, basketball, hockey, rugby, Am. football, Lacrosse, etc are all basically a variation on the same concept.

Bat-and-ball games are totally unique, and the "entertainment" factor comes from the tension build-up where it's perceived "nothing is happening," so when the payoff does happen (big homerun, diving catch to save runs, big strikeout, taking wickets, run outs, caught outs) it's actually more exciting than watching Lebron James dunk for the 50th time or Curry hitting yet another 3 pointer.
>>
>>68399430

Americans don't like cricket because they have the attention span of a gold fish with ADHD.

Maybe if there was adds every two minutes and more people getting brutally injured they'd find it more interesting
>>
>>68399430
based neutral reddit opinion m8
>>
>>68399547
>Americans don't like cricket because they have the attention span of a gold fish with ADHD.

Baseball is still the 2nd most popular sport here, though.

>Basketball

No one cares, nationally, about basketball unless Lebron or Curry are playing, and even with this "dream matchup," the ratings are still pretty bad.

https://fansided.com/2016/06/11/nba-finals-tv-ratings-stink-despite-dream-matchup-with-warriors-cavaliers/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.