[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is England the only sports team in the world that somehow manages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: Kane.jpg (138 KB, 2048x1324) Image search: [Google]
Kane.jpg
138 KB, 2048x1324
Is England the only sports team in the world that somehow manages to be LESS than the sum of their parts? There's genuine talented players there but somehow tournament after tournament nothing but shit.

Wales have 2 or 3 players that could get into the England squad, and yet they're a coherent team that can win.

Literally fascinated by this phenomenon desu. What the fuck is it?
>>
Belgium
>>
>>68338836
This
>>
>>68338789

It happens sometimes. New York Rangers back in the days being a top example.
>>
>>68338789
>what the fuck is it

Players are getting picked based on reputation, marketing potential, and who the manager likes instead of whether or not they would actually help the team (Rooney, Sterling, Lallana, Milner)
>>
>>68338949
>rooney and sterling play fine
>team dominant before they got subbed
>lose control of game once they're subbed
>still shittalk them anyways
i don't understand
>>
No, there is Serbia too. They consistently fail with good players
I'd say they are an even better example of the phenomenon
>>
>>68339013
Rooney was alright, I thought Sterling played pretty badly though.
>>
>>68339013
Sterling did not play "fine". He was useless, kept giving the ball away.
>>
>>68339013
sterling had a bad game
>>
Argentina

Messi
Aguero
Di Maria
Mascherano
Tevez
Higuain

ZERO TROPHIES
>>
>>68339013

Rooney had an alright game, but he doesn't have those often anymore. Sterling did not play fine, at all. Also, >dominating.
>>
>>68339074
>>68339073
>>68339062
>gave the ball away maybe twice, neither ended up as a counter
>at no point could their right back handle him
>him and Rose were the ones making the most opportunities for someone to tap in but Kane was MIA
whatever i can't convince pointless hatred
>>
>>68339013
How many touches did Rooney even get? Five in the first half?
>>
>>68339223
You can't convince anyone because you're seeing things that didn't happen
>>
>>68339042
serb here who lvies in england and this is true
>tfw can never celebrate anything

J U S T
>>
>>68339223
yes Kane was also playing poorly but Sterling lost possession way more than twice. the only reason why Russia was having trouble with him was because of his pace but Sturridge and Vardy could offer the same without constantly losing the ball
>>
>>68338789
Besides the aforementioned Serbia and Argenniga, I'd also like to add Croatia to the list
>>
The England badge is cursed. We've known this for some time now.
>>
>>68339223
>>him and Rose were the ones making the most opportunities for someone to tap in but Kane was MIA

Which crosses from Rose were within Kane's reach? The only one I can think was in the first half, and it wouldn't have mattered because he was already offside.
>>
>>68339013
the team lost control around 60 minutes into the game with both of them still on the pitch.
>>
>>68339223
Sterling didn't have a single solid action the entire game. His decision making was poor, he injected tempo into his game when he shouldn't have and slowed it down when he should have sped it up.

On numerous occasions did he have acres of space in front of him, but chose to move the ball to the midfielders. Then he charged like a headless chicken into the Russian defensive unit.
>>
Sterling was absolute shit.

Le pacy black man with no end product who just loses the ball.

We take one to every tournament. He's the new Walcott.
>>
>>68339492
Good post.

I didn't like the idea of starting Vardy on the wing but whatever, he surely is not going to do any worse than Sterlel
>>
>>68339387
>already offside
that's another part
Kane was hardly ever onside for anything
Lallana was also a huge joke for me
>>
>>68338789
>Is England the only sports team in the world that somehow manages to be LESS than the sum of their parts?

Croatia and Belgium
>>
Short answer: England isn't very good at coaching
>>
>>68338789
thats what you get for picking meme players instead of players in form
>>
pitter patter let's get at er
>>
>>68339223

Sterling was good at stretching their defence and beating his man, but the little niglet has no end product. His passing is woeful, can't believe Livershit thought he could be their no.10
>>
>>68338789
Wales has less "ethnic diversity". It usually bring division and a team full of top players won't perform as a team. See france and >>68338836
It works for south americans since they are truly multicultural but europe has only different cultures side by side (cultures that are often hostile towards each other)
>>
>>68340432
>teams can't perform because of multiculturalism
>current world champions have one of the most diverse teams in Europe
kek
>>
France too, considering their mediocre game and how everyone thinks Martial, Pogba, Payet, Coman, Kante and Griezman are the second coming of christ
>>
>>68340432
Explain how Germany won with 4 Turks, 2 Africans, and a Spaniard then.
>>
>>68340499
Germanys first 11 was very german, much more than the teams of france, england belgium, netherlands etc.
>>
>>68338836
Marc Wilmots
>>
>>68341762
>Boateng
>Khedira
>Ozil
>Klose
>very German
>>
>>68338949
this
>>
>>68338789
>Is England the only sports team in the world that somehow manages to be LESS than the sum of their parts

No we're exactly the sum of our parts.

We're total shit.
>>
I only watched a few minutes of the game, but why is Kane taking corners?
>>
>>68340663
he can't because he's a meme-spouting mongoloid
>>
>>68341989
Woy is a mongoloid
>>
>>68341870
>klose
Europeans don't count. Players like benzema from large minorities like algerians in france feel algerian first and french second if at all. The larger the minority the less loyal they are. Also 30% non ethnic players is a very little for a western european team (see belgium, netherlands, france, england)
>>
>>68338899
Trust the leaf to reply with something nobody fucking understands.
>>
File: 3200.jpg (94 KB, 1225x735) Image search: [Google]
3200.jpg
94 KB, 1225x735
They're not actually that good.
Their foreign clubmates make them look better than they are desu.
>>
>>68338789
>There's genuine talented players there
Topkek

they're average at best but english media meme them into god status
>>
>>68339013
Rooney was good but Sterling was useless
>>
>>68338789
shittiest tier management, year on year

also choosing players that will not work as a team - see: gerrard lampard scholes
>>
Wait, I forgot this wasn't the match thread. kek
my b
>>68343726
>>
they played well tonight. unfortunate to draw, but it's the first game and they'll still likely going to advance if they keep playing like that

t. ABE scotsman
>>
>>68341989
so he can blast the ball into the corner if it comes back to him
>>
>>68338789
mentality honestly

if they had the mentality of team usa they would easily contend like germany/spain do every tournament

instead the english media always places too much burden on them and makes them play not to lose instead of to win

you can especially see this when it comes to things like penalties. heh
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.