[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sp/ think about the Paralympics, and sports for disabled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
What does /sp/ think about the Paralympics, and sports for disabled people in general?
>>
I'm not very familiar with European Olympic teams.
>>
>>68244647
I think I would enjoy sexual intercourse with her if I'm being completely honest.
>>
It doesn't really interest me. It seems hard to keep the playing field level too.
>>
>>68244687
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McGrory

Wow, just realized she turns 30 today.
>>
File: pistorius.jpg (368 KB, 960x1186) Image search: [Google]
pistorius.jpg
368 KB, 960x1186
>>68244647

My interest was piqued by Oscar Pistorius. I watched him in 2012 both in the Paralympics and the Olympics. It was pretty awesome that this determined guy was good enough and had fought hard enough to compete in the Olympics. And I just looked it up, he was 16th out of 51 athletes in the first round in the Olympics (which is pretty amazing, unless you think his blades give him an advantage in which case I guess it's not)

But now he's gone I don't really care again
>>
My father has two bronzes and a silver in cross country skiing for blind people from the 70s and 80s.
>>
whats this, the olympics but for canadians?
>>
>>68244647
Would you spee?
>>
Not as funny as the special olympics.
>>
>>68245023
blind skiing? now that's a ballsy sport.
>>
>>68245023
>blind
Probably explains why he banged your mom
>>
>>68245086
Ayy
>>
File: snap.gif (365 KB, 152x184) Image search: [Google]
snap.gif
365 KB, 152x184
>>68245086
>>
All I know is wheelchair tennis is fucking retarded.
>>
>>68245145
Why would you say that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYu6G5QOw4
>>
they're pretty neat

I'm not going to spend time watching but it's great that the Paralympics exist
>>
>>68245073
Especially back in the 70s. Nowadays you have microphones and headphones built right into the helmet, for them to communicate with their guide.
>>
>>68245023
>>68245073
>>68245259
Mmm I hate to be this guy. But there's a huge difference among all these disabled competitions. Some people are very very good, I saw this one girl who had only one leg and skied like a rocket going downhill using arm riggers. She was amazing. I've also seen paraplegics who use sit skis that were amazing as well.

But there are also people using sit skis that are just sledding down a hill slowly with tetherers.

Everyone gets a medal, atleast a bronze at most of these events. Unless you're talking about some high level ski event then that's a different story. Placing silver could also mean you managed to do the course with efficiency which is better than struggling but not that impressive. Everything is relative but they all have heart which is what matters.

A level playing field in these events are seriously hard to manage or make fair.
>>
File: five golds.jpg (66 KB, 730x626) Image search: [Google]
five golds.jpg
66 KB, 730x626
>>68245338
How do you rate Anna Schaffelhuber?
>>
>>68245357
She is at a very high level of skiing. This is where the professionals are at, the type of competition she gives and faces.

She placed gold in the Winter Olympics, not all skiing competitions are the Winter Olympics. I rate her as a professional, an international top competitor.

Many other competitions exist which are, to an extent, a social service oriented provided community event for individuals with disabilities.
>>
>>68244647
I played in a wheelchair basketball rec league for a while with some disabled ex cop neighbor.

My arms got more natty from a month of that than a year of doing curls at a gym
>>
>>68244723
fuck i would wife her if her pussy still worked
>>
>>68245357
>she will never sit on your cock and ski
>>
>>68244647
A sickening farce, a catastrophic waste of resources
>>
>>68244647
>sports for disabled people in general?

Pretty bad assed to see what some people can do despite having lost limbs.
>>
>>68244647
The saddest sport I've ever seen was Biathlon for blind people.

Yes, that is a thing.
>>
File: spain.jpg (26 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
spain.jpg
26 KB, 620x374
I like the idea of cyborgs competing leaving humans in the dust

The reality is however presented by the proud nation of Spain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_at_the_Paralympic_Games#Basketball_controversy
>Spain was stripped of their intellectual disability basketball gold medals shortly after the Games closed
>...After it was confirmed that 10 of the 12 competitors in the winning team were not disabled
>>
>>68245894
One of them was an undercover journalist.
>>
>>68245894
They got the idea from South Park
>>
>>68245894
They thought being Spaniard was enough to be called a retard

In Spanish speaking countries we use Spaniard and stupid as synonyms
>>
>>68244647
It's retarded.
>>
I go to a meme sports university, which hosts lots of Paralympians. They piss me off desu because they and other 'elite' athletes get 5 hours per day in the gym where only they are allowed in, meaning I have to use it at more inconvenient times.

Also seems like there are so many categories for being disabled that all you have to do to become a Paralympian is be disabled and actually play sport. I personally know one of the players in the England Deaf Cricket team, and I've met one of the sport scientists working with the GB Cerebral Palsy team - I'm all in favour of helping these blokes to not have shitty lives, but they fly around the world playing in various competitions all on taxpayer money, despite the fact that no sports fans actually care about their results and its all just an exercise so people can pat each other on the back.

So mixed feelings desu, its a bit of a luxury for a country to have any sort of funded Paralympic set-up at all.
>>
File: british athletes.jpg (74 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
british athletes.jpg
74 KB, 1024x682
>>68246031
Are you going to follow their efforts at the Paralympics?
>>
>>68246125
No, I literally couldn't care less. In fairness though I don't give a shit about the Olympics either, I'll probably only watch men's 100m and women's beach volleyball.
>>
File: 1445784477461.jpg (14 KB, 249x228) Image search: [Google]
1445784477461.jpg
14 KB, 249x228
>>68245942
Bazinga
>>
Dammit Norway get help

Your sexual attraction for the disabled can't be healthy
>>
>>68246136
>not watching the footy
>>
>>68246145
Disabled girls are people capable of sex too shitlord.
>>
they're ok, pretty cool actually, and still a decent sporting spectacle.

quite a few of them are actually almost as good as the normal athletes.

special olympics on the other hand are a huge circlejerk, fucking waste of resource, and generally retarded
>>
>>68244647

cripplympics seem like a good idea at first, as in you let people with half a leg feel like they're worth something, or that they can achieve something.

In the actual events though, the differences between contenders render the playing field unequal, like that south african with the blades. He could run faster than normal people never mind the other guys, they had no chance.

So if it isnt about who's the best in an equal playing field, whats the fucken point?
>>
I think it's great they are doing sports, but the competition feels forced and for a healthy person there's barely any way to tell if what they are doing is good or not. I haven't ever seen something that really drew me in, and at worst it's a freak show.
>>
>>68247584
Didn't you watch Anna Schaffelhuber at the 2014 Paralympics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic58JGKMFGA
>>
>>68245086

>legitimately funny joke
>germany

Proxy detected
>>
>>68246145
>he has never fugged a double amputee
>>
File: 1398927600344.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1398927600344.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>68245841
>The biathlon is a winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting.

All I need to know.
>>
>>68247428
>>68247584
Yeah you get a lot of people who were just shoe horned into these things and pretty much suck at it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.