[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once and for all: Who would win? Would The Greatest put a dent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10
Once and for all: Who would win? Would The Greatest put a dent in Iron Mike, or would Tyson close the Louisville Lip?
>>
>>68224194
Tyson himself has said that Ali would beat him.
>>
>>68224239
Sounds like he was just being respectful to a past legend of the sport that people around the world admire and respect.
>>
Ali would beat the snot out of anyone entering the ring in his prime. Ali had to much style for any to reach his level. Tyson was not a smart fighter, more a brawler.
>>
Mike Tyson is a fucking bum.

Anyone who isn't a complete midget with a jab beats him.
>>
You guys are aware Klitschko would kill both of these scrubs, right?
>>
>Tyson

Didn't he get his ass whipped by Holyfield? Twice?
>>
>>68225152
Badimir Bitchpoo couldn't even beat a fat pikey
Vitali would stand a chance but not Wlad
>>
Ali. Way too slick and fast for a plodding Tyson. Even if hit Ali would take his punch. Late round KO for the G.O.A.T.
>>
>>68225152
I dissagree, Klitschko vs Ali. I still think Ali would win. he was to fast and to smart for any of the boxers still alive today to get more than 10 hits in a round
>>
>>68225207
>Tyson slow

Get out
>>68224194
Depends if Ali is allowed the training of today. If not, Tyson murders him. If he was Ali gets him.

Ali was a genetic freak. One of the fastest reaction times in recorded history. So with today's training he'd be a beast.

If you mean everyone just fights at their primes no new training klitscho beats them.
>>
>>68225325
>no new training klitscho beats them
hahaha
Ali would heem bitchko in seconds
you'd hear his chin shattering for bloody miled
>>
Ali. Too big, too quick, too tough, too smart.
>>
>>68225152

Only Vitali

Wlad's chin is too weak
>>
Ali won against Frazier, he can beat Tyson
>>
Frazier kicked his ass, and Tyson is essentially a faster, arguably stronger and more versatile Frazier.

Unless Clay clinches his way to a decision (which given Tyson's relentless body punching, is unlikely), i can't see him winning.
>>
>>68229653
ali 2-1
>>
Didn't Larry Holmes destroy Ali?

He Fucking TKO'd him and some people say he actually gave him Parkinson's from that fight.
>>
ITT: faggots that know nothing say Ali.
>>
>>68225977

I love Vitali but he wouldn't be able to deal with Ali's footwork
>>
Both could beat one another
>>
>>68225152

>Wlad
>KO'd by Corey Sanders
>out pointed by a fat gypo
>beats Ali

LOL. And Vitali wasnt that much better than Wlad
>>
Ali would dodge 95% of the punches but the few that land would put him down
>>
File: 299444-floyd-mayweather.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
299444-floyd-mayweather.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
I forget, were either of these guys undefeated?
>>
>>68224194

Tyson from 86-90 was the most dominant boxer in the history of the sport.

He was just so Fucking fast with such power and timing.

He was faster and stronger than punchers, and he destroyed boxers because he would just peekaboo close on them when they tried to work the jab.
>>
>>68230229

except tyson doesn't punch like it's the 1970's and would hit him with an absurd amount of body punches then come up to the head and drop him

it wouldn't even be close, tyson under kevin rooney would destroy ali just like he did everyone else
>tyson only beat cans
lol so wrong, he was making guys trained by hall of fame trainers LOOK like cans
>>
>>68230547

Exactly. People forget that Tyson would hammer the body first, and as soon as his opponent started to drop his gloves he would go for the kill.

His punches to the body were punishing. He literally made people quit just from body shots because he hit them so hard.
>>
Tyson desu, Prime Tyson would really nail Ali. His step in was way to quick, reminder everyone that says Ali would dodge all the punches.
Every opponent Ali fought and he did all those signature dodges, it was to his face.

Tyson, steps in jabs and goes right to body blows, hooks hooks, back away and step in while weaving. He would take Ali down. Ali has the height and reach, but Tyson trained his lower body to step in quick and get the job done asap. He has a lung condition, so he can't go the distance, which is why his fights never went the distance.
>>
>>68229976
Ali was 40 years old IIRC and came out of retirement to fight Holmes. Hubris did the champ in
>>
As time goes on, athletes get bigger, faster and stronger. And yet in every sport, people argue that the stars of yesteryear could compete.

The boxers these days would eat these guys alive.
>>
Prime Tyson would eat his ass alive. People cant understand for some reason that 19-22 years old Mike was literally unstoppable.
>>
>>68230963

> prime Tyson would eat his ass.

My kind of fight.
>>
>>68230643

like tyson wasn't the hardest puncher because he was the hardest puncher

he was the hardest puncher because he fucking set his opponents up

his corner would call out combos and he would just bambambambambam lightning fast

there's a reason he was the youngest heavyweight champ of all time, that's not a fluke

casuals have no idea how much of a student of boxing he was and how good he was technically and how hard he trained, and not just how hard, but how good his training was

there's a reason the first fight he lost was the first fight without kevin rooney

you can see in that fight that his head movement was gone and the niggers around him got into his head that he didn't need to train like he did before

the ONLY thing ali has on tyson is toughness, but mike wasn't a bitch so ali would get his guts beat in

that rope a dope shit he did against foreman....foreman never threw a single body shit, tyson would have stuck him 10 times hooks and upper cuts to the body and as soon as ali dropped his gloves wham wham wham to the fucking dome

foreman is a fucking chump compared to tyson when it comes to movement
>>
How did Holyfield manage to beat Tyson?

Was it a super strong defense?
>>
>>68231321
>How did Holyfield manage to beat Tyson?

tyson never trained for a fight after jail, he didn't give a shit, he showed up and got tens of millions of dollars
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccD0Uvz6Rg
>>
File: cashews in the ropes.jpg (179 KB, 643x864) Image search: [Google]
cashews in the ropes.jpg
179 KB, 643x864
TOP FUCKING KEK all these idiots who actually think that the racist Cassius Clay is the GOAT... As I said, top fucking kek. The guy got schooled by a UK nobody. The guy lost FIVE times. Iron Mike is easily as good if not better than Cassius. Clay is the Zlatan of boxing. Great athlete, but too cocky for his own good.
>>
>>68224291
Lol yeah that's what Tyson was always known for, being respectful
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 615x409
>>68224194
>>68225152

Tyson Fury would beat all three. He's already beaten Klitschko and he's going to do so again in just a couple of weeks.
>>
this Tyson was slow meme needs to stop
he was one of the fastest punchers in the history of the sport, just watch one of his fights
>>
>>68232581
he looked out of shape as fuck at the recent conferences though and he beat Klitschko when he was the lightest he'd ever been
>>
Larry Holmes was one of the greatest boxers of all time, and it's probably not a stretch to say he had the best chin you will ever find on a boxer.

He fought all the way up to 53, and only one person ever knocked him out.
>>
>>68232628
They were weeks ago. He's been back in training and there's no way he will turn up for the fight unprepared.
>>
>>68232668
so what
>>
>>68231420

>muh prime Tyson

Never seen a boxer have so many apologists. He looked great when fighting C and B level guys. He fought two world class fighters and got knocked the fuck out
>>
>>68224291
>Tyson being respectful
>>
>>68224194
ali pre vietnam suspension would whoop tyson. They were both young studs, but I'll take ali. I do think tyson is a close 2nd and might even be 1
>>
The jews.
>>
>>68225206
That fat pikey was literally a foot taller and a grown man larger than Mike Tyson you idiot.
>>
>Another thread where casuals who have done little more than watch a couple documentaries try to overrate Tyson in theoretical matchups about fighters they don't know anything about.
>>
>>68235035
>>68232447
You can't be this stupid, you really think Tyson respects no one? Plebs
>>
Ali isn't even a top 10 heavyweight all time. He just fought at a point in time where not every fighter was taking steroids and amphetamines and he could cheat with impunity.
>>
>>68236524
Ali has 3 top 10 all time greats on his resume you stupid fucking retard.

He's tied for first with Joe Louis.
>>
If he is so good why he lost two times to Hollyfield?
>>
Sugar ray Leonard
/thread
>>
>>68237256
Holyfield was two levels above the competition that existed in the 80's.

>>68237409
What about him?
>>
>>68224239
and Ali said the same about Tyson on the Arsenio Hall show
>>
>>68224194
Joe Frazier was just as hard as puncher as Tyson, and Ali beat him 2 out of 3 times. The matches were are close and very brutal, but Ali won. And yes Frazier is better then Tyson.
>>
File: 1463455461392.png (1 MB, 1025x767) Image search: [Google]
1463455461392.png
1 MB, 1025x767
>>68232581
>tyson fury
>lost to 200 yr old uss cunningham
>beating anything besides his meat

Mfw
>>
>>68237443
Best hands in boxing
>>
>>68237772
Agreed. Those hands could do it all. His ability to finish a hurt fighter was my favorite part about him. But we see glimpses of that today in Roman Gonzalez and Terence Crawford.
>>
>>68237770
Fury knocked Cunningham out m8.
>>
>>68237994
Crawford is really fun to watch can't wait for late July for him to fight again
>>
>>68224194

Ali by a country mile.
Memeson only put away bums and washed up champions.
>>
>>68237443

Holyfield was a blown up cruiserweight.
Those losses are unforgivable desu senpai.
>>
>>68238181
Tyson is a blown up cruiserweight...
>>
>>68238228

Yet he competed at the Heavyweight limit during his pro career.
Meanwhile Holyfield had to cripple himself by lifting weights to make Heavyweight wew lad.
>>
>>68238259
Except that's wrong. Holyfield was fighting, and beating, top competition at Heavyweight before he put on that 20 lbs of lean mass.

Whether or not Tyson fought at cruiserweight wasn't even in debate. Tyson IS a blown up Cruiserweight regardless of where he spent his career.
>>
>>68238417

I'll do you one better little homie.
Holyfield got destroyed by a fatass middleweight yet Memeson, in spite of his "greatness" could only manage to bite his ear off.
>>
Ali was almost murdered by frazier twice, imagine what pre prison mike would have done to him
>>
>>68238774
Less than what Frazier was capable of?
>>
Comparing old school athletes to their more modern counterparts almost never goes well for the older guys.
>>
Ali would beat Tyson. People like to draw comparison between Frazier and Tyson but the two are obviously much different. Frazier (like Tyson) did have the same bob and weave style as Tyson and was also a come forward pressure fighter. Thats the only similarity the two share. Frazier was a pure pressure fighter who had the stamina and durability to go 15 rounds and still have extreme power in his punches. Tyson did not and would tire much more easily than Frazier as seen in the Douglas fight,and the Holyfield fight. When Tyson went the distance, he went the distance with fighters who had a very slow workrate (Tucker and Ruddock) so he wasnt nearly as exhasted. Ali wouldve kept the pace and as the round went by, Tyson wouldnt be able to bob and weave as effectively in the later rounds, and as you saw in the douglas,holyfield,and ruddock fight. He would usually chug forward with his hands up without using the bob and weave defense. (assuming this is a 15 round fight, because both men did have 15 round fights, Tyson never went the distance however). Ali would take advantage of this and jab Tysons head off. The reason Frazier was so effective against Ali was that he neutralized Ali's jab (for the most part) and threw him out of rhythm, Ali would have to use his combos and straight rights to catch Frazier. Tyson was not nearly as good at taking away an opponents jab and always had competitive fights with rangy fighters because of this. Tyson also didnt have the chin or durability as Frazier and would not have been able to take the punishment that he would surely receive. Ali would be more than capable of taking any shots from Tyson as he had one of the greatest chins of all time, while Tyson was knocked out several times. Continued...
>>
>>68224194
I honestly think Ali would win only because George Foreman could hit just as fucking hard as Tyson and he got knocked out. I think Tyson could hit Ali harder a couple of shots but Ali would still be standing but he'd be a low watt gurgler in his Wheel Chair just a little bit faster.
>>
>>68238652
take headbutts out of the fight and what is Holyfield left with? 118-110 decision loss on a good day
>>
>>68230346
did he fight more than 50?
>>
>>68239012
In addition. Although Frazier and Tyson both had the same reaches. Frazier was capable of leaping forward and stretching his left hook out at a much greater distance than Tyson, because his left hook was all he had. Tyson would be unable to use his jab on Ali and unable to get inside on Ali because of the size difference. Ali was several inches taller and had a huge reach advantage, and like Douglas did, Ali would clinch Tyson or shove him off when he tried to get inside. Unless Tyson managed to get Ali on the ropes and Tyson would have probably had some success but then thats where the stamina issue comes into play and he would tire. Ali would have outboxed and outworked Tyson. Ali would have probably knocked him out.
>>
>>68231315
>that rope a dope shit he did against foreman....foreman never threw a single body shit, tyson would have stuck him 10 times hooks and upper cuts to the body and as soon as ali dropped his gloves wham wham wham to the fucking dome

he actually believes this lmao
>>
>there are people who actually care about boxing

What is this
>>
>>68239112
Also how old are you fags ITT?
>>
>>68239112
Give me one reason not to.
>>
>>68239126
Isn't boxing ran by a jew just like the NBA and NHL?
>>
>>68239126
It's fixed
The bullshit ppv system
Shitty organization

Also this is probably just me but weight classes kind of bother me.
>Have to separate boxers to narrow weight ranges to keep it fair
>Not just the best against the best like any proper sport
>>
>>68239162
Boxing isn't run by a single entity at any level. You have TV netwroks like HBO. Showtime, and Boxnation that try to run things and big promoters like Arum, Haymon, and Hearns. Boxing commissions are state run and have their own personal refs and judges.

Boxing is a big orchestra of promoter wars and rivalries trying their best to use every piece of leverage they have to cut as big of the profit pie as they can.

>>68239215
Boxing isn't "fixed". It IS politically influenced. The closest thing you will find to an actual fix happens at a low level where promoters pay journeyman fighters who do this as their job to lose against prospects because people put too much emphasis on a padded record.

Also, all combat sports have weight classes. Everything from Boxing, to Judo, to Sumo Wrestling. It would be fucking retarded if it didn't.
>>
>>68239126

having a chaotic number of sanction organizations for one. fighters clinching every 5 seconds, another reason.
don't take me for MMA fan because of flag, I hate that shit too.
>>
>>68239254
>fighters clinching every 5 seconds

Name 10 active boxers.
>>
>>68239243
Pretty sure sumo doesn't have weight classes

all combat sports are crap
>>
>>68239265
Pretty sure it does.
>>
>>68239262
He's a filthy casual
>>
>>68239281
Pretty sure you're wrong
>>
Trust me m8 I became an expert on sumo after reading a five thirty-eight article a few weeks back.

Based hakuho with the sidestep the absolute madman
>>
>>68239317
Sounds like half the posters in this thread. Or anything boxing thread discussing Ali/Tyson.
>>
>>68224194
Ali by decision and tyson is pretty beat up by the end.
>>
>>68230346
MANLET
A
N
L
E
T
>>
>>68231315
Foreman threw a fuckton of body shots against Ali. Have you even watched that fight?
>>
Tyson Fury would beat both of them so the question is pointless.
>>
Buster Douglas beat Tyson
>>
List of heavyweights who would beat Prime Tyson:

Lewis, Holyfield, Vitali, Bowe, Ali, Foreman
>>
>>68224194
Pre-suspension Ali- Ali wins, but tyson takes him for 15

Post-suspension Ali-Ali only just wins or gets K.O.'d. After his suspension he was less nimble and focused more on throwing harder punches from a good stance, and you can bet your ass rope-a-dope wouldn't work on Tyson.
>>
>>68231315
>didn't throw a single body shot
>>
>>68236524
Holy fuck your retarded
>>
>all these people who see Tyson as just a monster

I read in his book that Don King was using his money and sucking the man dry. Don King had his then wife, his daughter and sons on Mike Tyson's payroll basically doing bullshit.

King's wife was running some "Tyson Fanclub" out in Cincinatti that Tyson never knew. Tyson took his trainer and they flew there to check it out. Tyson found an empty office with boxes full of fanmail that he never knew.

He opened one and it was a parent begging Tyson to see the parent's dying son in the hospital. Tyson called the parent and he was told the child died 3 years ago. Tyson never forgave himself for it.
>>
While I do think Ali could have our boxed Tyson I believe they could have a 2-1 trilogy that could go to either fighter. However that is a testament ALI. The longer a sport is mainstream the more skilled it's athletes become through both a larger pool of talent to choose from and better training and conditioning programs. If you look at the short resurgence of mma all the guys in the sport 10 years ago look like novices compared to the young guys in the sport now everyone is more rounded in the mma game.
>>
Ali was hit harder by Foreman &several wars with Frazier.

Tyson fought a bunch of cans & got whopped by the caliber when he had Holeyfield in front of him.

STOP WITH THIS.

Lennonx Lewis is the better what if desu.
>>
File: box.png (515 KB, 780x582) Image search: [Google]
box.png
515 KB, 780x582
>>68224194
Tyson got famous fighting bums. Look at what happened when he went toe to toe with a real boxer- Buster Douglas. He got exposed again and again and never ever regained his dominance after Douglas.

All you have to do to beat Tyson is clench for a few rounds and he'll gas out. Tyson's moped gas tank just isn't enough to beat Ali.

Foreman was a bomber too- and hit harder than Tyson. Ali was already old for a boxer when he beat a young Foreman.

This isn't even a real question. Ali spanks Tyson 100 out of 100 fights.
>>
Tyson under Cus/Rooney in his prime in a megafight is nigh on unstoppable. I wouldn't pick a man dead or alive to beat him.

Keep in mind that once Cus died Tyson had stop committing himself 100% to boxing. When the Berbick title fight came up he was already heavily abusing drugs and showed erratic behavior and frustration in the ring. Once Rooney left the downfall was imminent.

Prime Tyson in the right mindset and motivated would beat prime Ali by knockout.

Tyson's speed > Ali's speed
>>
>>68243160
Says more about Cus than Tyson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iMhlO525AY
>>
>>68229976

He was 37 or 38. Nice try faggot. Ali's overrated as shit. He was good but Tyson would've recked him prime 4 prime.

Watch pre 1967 Ali fights and you'll see he was mostly a slapper and very hittable. If you're gonna need to cheat to beat Henry Cooper a prime Tyson would've cleaned his clock.
>>
>>68244684
Liston was a beast. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>68244707

Lol, Liston was shit
>>
>>68237770

???

Tyson knocked Cunningham out in the 7th round mate

He's undefeated, current record is 25-0. Will be 26-0 come next month.

>>68232628

Maybe you shouldn't base your impressions off weeks-old press conferences mate, he's back in training and in far better shape now
>>
File: Mr. Dream.png (2 KB, 160x154) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Dream.png
2 KB, 160x154
Mr. Dream would beat them both.
>>
>>68244715
Better than a washed up Larry Holmes, which was the best Tyson ever beat.
>>
>>68232447
Tyson would rock his world. Also ali was a disrespectful mother fucker too. He just pretended to be a nice person. At least mike had the stones to say fuck everyone.
>>
Ali was too quick, the fight would go longer than 5 rounds & Tyson wouldn't hack it.
>>
>>68244983
Ali's speed is so overrated.
>>
>>68245661
Yet he threw combinations. Not one wild looping haymakers like a monkey man.
>>
>>68225075
>Tyson was not a smart fighter

Wow it's like you literally know nothing about boxing. What made Tyson so dangerous was his incredible strength coupled with amazing technical skill.
>>
easy win for Tyson, he would easily close the distance and btfo ali
>>
>people actually think that Tyson was slow and dumb and relied purely on punching power
lmao, Tyson would win by knockout and it wouldn't even be particularly close.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 206x310) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 206x310
>>
>>68242517
What what the name of Tyson's book anyway
>>
>>68245805

"I'll Eat Your Children: The Mike Tyson Story"
>>
>>68245834
3/10

Made me google
>>
>>68244613
Thanks for this vid. Good banter between those two. I respect the fuck out of Ali but still thinks Tyson takes him.

Also I love how some itt are citing the Douglas and Holyfield fights ignoring that Tyson was complete shell of his former self by that point.
>>
>>68245798
Obviously Tyson would win the fight, but he liked Ali so much that never even got the nerve to say it. But it wouldnt even be a close fight. KO in the 1st or 2nd.
>>
>>68245921
>never even got the nerve to say it

Ali is like a god for that shit boxing world, anybody saying they would have beat Ali is badmouthed and shat on by everybody.
>>
>>68246058
I know, but this is Tyson we're talking about. A guy who never gave a single fuck to say whatever he wanted to say to whomever he wanted. He did respect the fella, thats all im saying.
>>
Lets go through it

>Tyson would knock Ali out

Holds literally no grounds since Ali was never finished (outside of the corner stoppage vs Holmes) Ali has probably the best chin of all time when you conisder the puncher he fought

Tyson also always faded past 3/4 rounds Ali would drag him into deep waters and finish him in the later round

>If Cus didnt die Tyson would have never lost

Just bs
>>
>>68246153
Conjectures based on literally nonsense since this guys fought in different eras. Prime 4 prime, theres literally no single fighter in the history of the sport who could have beaten Tyson. Im an all time Ali fan, but then theres the undeniable truth.
>>
>>68246264

>Buster Douglas beat prime Tyson
>Frank Bruno rocked and almost KO'd prime Tyson
>A fat, out of shape, old Larry Holmes who hadn't fought in 2 years boxed Tysons ears off for 3 rounds before he gassed

Tyson was shite
>>
Ali steps in the ring, and everybody wants to see how long Ali will toy with the guy before he knocks him out.

Tyson steps in the ring, and everyone wants to place a bet on what second in the first round he knock him out.
>>
Ali's reputation trumps up his greatness as a boxer. Take away all the jive-talk and humanitarian work and what you're left with is just a fucking nigger.
>>
>>68246264
did you even read this analysis >>68239012
>>68239049
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.