[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13
File: Cavaliers logo.png (14 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
Cavaliers logo.png
14 KB, 309x163
How do we fix this shit
>>
Put Chris "Bloody" Bosh and Dwyane Wade in that "team"
>>
Kyrie for Chris Paul
>>
>>68154751
Trade Wiggins for Love
>>
Remove Cleveland
>>
Actually play defense
>>
>>68154751
pay off the refs like you did for the toronto series
>>
>>68154751
Git gud.
>>
Move the team to Baltimore
>>
>putting teams in flyover states

someone explain this meme to me
>>
>>68157433
Brilliant
>>
>>68155740
wade doesn't wanna play with him anymore. he tanked the 2014 finals to drive lebron out of miami
>>
File: numberone.jpg (57 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
numberone.jpg
57 KB, 850x560
>>68157943
yeah..... I don't think so.

>pic related
>>
You can't desu
>>
>>68154751
fold the team, and fold all the cleveland teams

just pack it up and become sports-free zone, you'll all feel better about it in the long run.
>>
>>68158052
but kawaii was on Lebron the whole time
Wade just stopped giving a shit
>>
Trade for Wade and bosh. Hire Spo as coach. Move team to Miami
>>
>>68158665
This. Nothing good happens in Cleveland and they fucking deserve it
>>
have chris paul melo wade take minimum contracts and then get some depth
>>
>>68157433
kek
>>
>>68158052
He didn't even cover Wade this pic doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: smug_kobe.jpg (6 KB, 249x223) Image search: [Google]
smug_kobe.jpg
6 KB, 249x223
>>68159068
>>
He needs to stop being the de facto GM. He absurdly overpaid for Tristan and Shumpert and then he fired a good coach for a rather clueless Lue. Since he has Cleveland by the balls I don't see anything changing though.
>>
>>68157433
good plan
>>
File: 1407990935449.jpg (16 KB, 554x507) Image search: [Google]
1407990935449.jpg
16 KB, 554x507
>>68157433
>>
>>68154751
>How do we fix this shit

1) bench love and irving, they are HORRIBLE defenders and it's killing them. Get that ausi fag dellavedova out there, at least that ball grabber will play defense; replace love with Fry, fry can play a little defense.

2) stop the triple teaming bullshit stupid ass defense of thompson/curry. Sure you're stopping them, but you're letting EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER out there to blow them them fuck out. I would rather deal with making curry beat me (especially with how he's been shooting) then letting everyone else run free.

3) stop the ISO ball bullshit offense. Run a pick and roll for once.

4) put the warriors on the line. How the hell do the warriors outscore you in the paint AND only go to the line <15 times? Thats you not playing fucking defense. if the warriors put the ball in the paint foul the fuckers, turn them into 3 point shooters.
>>
>>68154751
Fire Lue, hire Blatt.
Won't fix everything but it's a great start.
>>
the lineup of delly shump james frye tt should be seeing way more minutes.
>>
>>68156515
This is the only correct answer. Send the team to another city and they'd probably sweep the Finals their first year out of Cleveland.
>>
guys....

guys

hey, Guys listen.

I have the best ide

hey listen

I have the best idea ever.

What if instead of one defender

guys

What if instead of putting one defender on curry...

we put TWO defenders on curry?
>>
>>68156468
Like Thibs would make that fucking trade. The guy loves defense. Which is the one thing Kevin Love doesn't do.
>>
>>68154751
>we
Get wrecked. Dub nation
>>
>>68154751

When will Cavs fans accept that there's no fixing it? The Warriors are by far the best team, and even if they weren't, the Spugs and the Thunder are better than the Cavs.
>>
>>68162036

they did that game one

they lost by double digits
>>
>>68162301
>you in charge of knowing one of the oldest jokes in the book
>>
Just make LeBron the GM
>>
Fire rich paul, stop overpaying his clients in wack package deals, trade love and tristan and every future pick you can for ?????, sign durant lel, pay way over the cap this year coz it's probably your last chance to win with lebron as your centerpiece.
>>
Sixers fan here. I don't really pay attention to the regular season anymore because Sixers, but why is Kyrie Irving considered so good? I haven't seen him ever be particularly impressive
>>
>>68163032
Pushed hard by the Duke-loving sports media.

He and love also looked great by having the offense run through them solely, with some scrappy defenders too.

Cavs are super soft.
>>
give them a once in a generation superstar and then rig the draft lottery so they get three #1 picks in a span of four years
>>
>gets given 3 first overalls in consecutive drafts even though they have extremely low odds of winning
>other Eastern teams have to suffer through draft hell or mediocrity purgatory
>PLS FEEL SORRY FOR US LEAVELANDFAGS
>>
>>68154751
go back in time

prevent them from trading wiggins

make lebeta play PF

dont trade for mozgov

trade kyrie and a 2nd rounder for chris paul
>>
>>68163153
But they'll just fuck it up
>>
>>68163179
this nigga knows
>>
File: sacramentokingslogo.png (148 KB, 570x375) Image search: [Google]
sacramentokingslogo.png
148 KB, 570x375
Trade LeBron to Sacramento

please

I mean, why not
>>
>>68154751
Get rid of Lebeta.
>>
>>68163236
>lebron
>in the west

Never would happen. He would get super exposed
>>
>>68163236
Only way LeBitch goes to the West is if he gets sent to a team like Golden State that is already super stacked. No way he goes to anything else in a division that would actually require effort to reach the later rounds of the playoffs.
>>
>>68163179
seriously before lebron came back they were facing the prospect of tanking for another season or two with 4 top 5 picks(3 FIRST OVERALLS) in the past 4 seasons
>>
>>68163348
Don't want him. Don't need him. Too arrogant to play for a team and be coached.
>>
>>68157433
Don't Baltimore NBA fans follow the Wizards?
>>
>>68162036
not enough defenders, put 4 on him, who cares if their entire bench is left open, they can't hit shots anyway, their bench is just as shit as ours, right?
>>
>>68163289
Wouldn't it be worth it to see LeBron/DeMarcus?

>>68163348
Maybe Golden State tells him to fuck off, I doubt Curry would want to deal with LeBron on his team. It would make him look like Scottie Pippen or Dwyane Wade, when the little bitch clearly thinks he's Michael Jordan. What better way to stick it to him than to go to the closest, most irrelevant place?

need I remind you how fucking amazing DeMarcus Cousins is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWprreSZrTI
>>
>>68163403
Nobody follows the Wizards. The people doing sports radio in the DC area always bitch about fans not showing up to games, but the Wizards always seem to find a way to underachieve like its going out of style.
>>
>>68163431
>Maybe Golden State tells him to fuck off
I know, I was just pointing out that Lebron would only go to a team like Golden State if he ever decided to move west. No way he'd go to Portland or Denver, or something where he didn't have an easy road straight to the finals.
>>
>>68163403
they used to, when they were called the bullets
>>
>>68163449
Lebron should take a pay cut and go to the Spurs... he'd never do it, but he should.
>>
>>68163539
Lebron on the spurs is actually scary as fuck and I don't even want to think about it
>>
>>68162036
Better yet put 5 on him
>>
>>68163539
LeBron would have to be an even bigger beta than he appears to be for him to crawl to the team that's personally denied him two rings.
>>
>>68163539
pg: literally anybody
sg: green
sg: green
sf: leonard
pf: james
C: aldrdige

oh lord
>>
>>68163597
Beta? Or evil genius?
>>
>>68163539
As someone who literally knows nothing about basketball, who would he replace? Duncan?
>>
>>68163615
He'd have to be power forward/center of come sort.
>>
>>68163539
Not gonna lie. If they ever happened, that would be a fucking scary team
>>
Trade lebron for Iguanadoll
>>
File: 61798.jpg (22 KB, 555x287) Image search: [Google]
61798.jpg
22 KB, 555x287
>>68162036
Still leaves Klay, the 2nd best 3 point shooter in the league.

The next logical step is double team both Klay and Steph then have lebron take on the rest of the team by himself.
>>
File: 1327192863611.gif (121 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
1327192863611.gif
121 KB, 250x252
>>68163607
>winning 7 consecutive championships
>>
>>68163607
>6 players

well of course they would win every game
>>
>>68163607
He'd do it too

no way he would go to the West and try to compete with a team of youngsters, he'd latch onto a ready-made team.
>>
>>68160176
This is actually an intelligent post. Too bad Lue is too stupid to do any of this though
>>
File: ohio.jpg (48 KB, 602x390) Image search: [Google]
ohio.jpg
48 KB, 602x390
>>68154751
Move out of Ohio, problem solved. But seriously the Eastern conference is a fucking joke. If Lebron wants to win another championship hes going to have to join the Spurs or something
>>
>>68159168
>melo
>min contract
lololol
>>
>>68164117

Can you blame him? His team mates are usually garbage or play as such in the finals.
>>
durant will sign with the cavs next year its the only move that makes sense
>>
>>68164262
Someone's going to have to do something crazy like this to stop the warriors.
>>
>>68164229
he built that fucking team though, he traded for love he made them give thompson that stupid contract, they made the trade for pipeman and shump, he eve got them to change coaches midseason, the whole team is all on him
>>
>>68164270
Based Warriors are the Dynasty we deserve
>>
>>68164270
Durant and Westbrook were right there if they weren't choke artists. I think all we need is a good solid team, the Spurs were a year too old and the Thunder were too thin-skinned. This is a weak fucking NBA any way you look at it, I think the West is going to need some serious overhaul next year, there are a lot of unhappy teams looking to make moves.
>>
File: KD-LBJ-Cavs.jpg (102 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
KD-LBJ-Cavs.jpg
102 KB, 960x540
>>68164270
Durant really has two choices at this point. Stay in OKC and be loyal and probably never win a ring like ewing. Or go to one of the 3 contenders in this shit league with no parity. The best choice is the team in the east with Lebron and a gauranteed road to the finals.
>>
realistically, how many championships will the warriors win before theyre done
>>
>>68164320
3 or 4 is my guess. They wont win next year but they will be around for quite some time
>>
>>68164341
why wont they win next year. theyre not losing anyone of note and okc is losing durant. its literally them or the spurs and unless the spurs make a big addition my moneys on the dubs in a 7 game series
>>
>>68164365
I mean they could win next year. But the west is very comparative. Since the Spurs have lost before the finals two years in a row my money is on them next year
>>
>>68154751
Get them to play on games where players can get away with a little physicality.
>>
>>68154751
1. dont be overrated crybabys
2. have some heart
3. dont be from ohio
>>
>>68163403
Could work
DC area teams are only good if they're stolen franchises, Cavs not being named after a color then changing it to a bird might fuck it up. The Expos are working on that hump.
>>
>>68157433
It worked before!
>>
>>68164289
>weak fucking NBA
Spurs and OKC are two of the best team in awhile. Spurs lost a single game at home this year and while they have an aged core they still have enormous talent on that squad. OKC played OUT OF THIS WORLD (except durant, who still played ok) in that 3-4 series against GS.
GS did not have a cakewalk by any mean to the finals. The West is stacked. Cavs beat literally the Heat. Wow.
>>
>>68162808
B-b-b-b-but he IS the GM already!
>>
>>68163032
Good at driving and slashing against garbage defense in the Leastern Conference, lack of D not exposed by mediocre offenses in the East.
>>
>>68163227
They already did...exactly that.
>>
>>68164089
The only team that could stop them is the warriors if they got durant. Those would be some GOAT WCFs.
>>
they are overpaying trash players
>>
>>68163208
He doesn't even have the post play to play PF.
>>
File: 1465173410632.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465173410632.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>30 (thirty) points
>>
>>68165063
>paying Thompson almost 90 million dollars

Had to be the single worst singing of last off season. Thompson is a marginal starter and a ok role player. You don't give marginal players that kind of money.
>>
>>68163431
Oh wow, the Hornets. So impressive!
>>
cavs have pretty much no two-way players besides bronbron

TEAM NO DEFENSE
>kyrie
>love
>JR (off-ball defense)

TEAM NO OFFENSE
>TT
>delly

your option is to try to grind out low-scoring, slow-paced wins (last year's finals) or try to outscore. against GSW who has passable two-way players almost top to bottom (main exception being Bogut being defense-only), they just laugh and keep forcing the cav players to do what they're bad at until mental errors and bad habits that weren't drilled out resurface

another big factor is enough speed to contest the kick-out 3 since 90% of cavs plays seem to follow the following formula
>lebron drives and scores/shoots free throws
OR
>lebron drives, draws help, kicks out, open 3

the other 10% being kyrie iso into contested midrange bricks and love posting up and not finishing in the paint
>>
>not getting Durant
>>
Do the cavs even have a gameplan ? I know LeBrick had the jew fired so he could coach and that no one really listens to Lue, but it looks like a fucking pick up game.
>>
>>68170336
yes, the gameplan is to play steph and klay physically and dare the rest of the warriors to beat you. sadly, that is actually a pretty good option with livingston's deadly midrange and a bunch of other dudes (HB, green, iggy) that can score at a decent clip

offensively, they don't have the discipline when plan breaks down. when the called play doesn't work and a man doesn't get free, ball movement ABSOLUTELY stops and you get lebron/kyrie having to play isoball after getting it back with 7 seconds left. that or kick out to semi-contested 3s which the warriors don't leave wide open (cough HAWKS cough)
>>
I'm not saying it's going to happen, but weirder things have happened in sports and in this year's playoffs, we could possibly end up taking these two at home and turn it into a crap-shoot best-of-three series.

If we get swept, the shit storm offseason we'll face is going to be huge. I'd hate to see us trade away some players I've learned to love over the past few years, but that's the outcome of being embarrassed.

Part of me kind of wishes we didn't make the finals last year, or even this year. I wish our expectations didn't outpace the reality of this team. I wish we would have kept Andrew Wiggins.

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010.
I hate to be aw-shucks-gee-wiz, but I am honestly just happy to be here in the big picture. I love basketball, I love watching, and I love winning games. Watching the team we had from 2010-2015 was horrible, it wasn't fun, and it wasn't exciting. I was sold nothing from the Cavaliers except a chance to see 5 guys play basketball, at least with this team I can be sold the hope of a title. I'll gladly be in the conversation than completely forgotten about every year.

I even take a little comfort in knowing we aren't losing to the 09 Magic or another group that "shouldn't be in this position," we're losing to one of the all-time greatest teams assembled. Take away all the personal stuff and look at the basketball stuff, the Warriors are a fantastic squad.

I don't even know what to say, I just wanted to vent I guess. Let's go Cavs.
>>
>>68170525
(You)

get out the brooms for GS sweep
>>
>>68154751

Hire better coaches. Revamp training facilities. Not just head coaches.

GS, OKC, SA are teams built from the ground up. Draft decent players, improve them with superb staff, and keep them healthy. Cleveland are almost there with the first two, but fail hard with the last one. They swap way too little, and are in obviously low on fitness in finals to where they walked to, while GS had to play 7 games to get there.
>>
>>68170656
coaching is the biggest meme in all of sports
>>
File: 5635234423.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5635234423.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>68170656
>drafted decent players

who? Cleveland? the only way they have done anything in the playoffs is thanks to Lebeta,

Kyrie is unable to carry any team and is a good scorer against mediocre teams, 0 defense, doesn't even want to pass

Love is a meme player overrated as fuck, decent PF with a solid three that sucks in defense

the rest of the team are role players that doesn't give you any kind of offense, Cleveland have a shit team that is being carried by Lebron. no wonder GS is moping the floor with them

last year the injuries were actually beneficial to the team, getting rid of Kyrie and Love improved the defense and allowed Lebron to create some kind of offense that wasn't ISO and bricking a contested 2
>>
>>68171654
>it's an ''every team lebron has ever been on is shit!!!!!'' meme

Nobody has been given more excuses than LeBum
>>
>>68170682
Yeah, that's why the 2012–13 Lakers with a starting line-up of five all-stars cruised through the regular seasons and playo—oh, wait...
>>
>>68171713
no such thing as team chemistry when you got big pudding

>>68171654
they drafted wiggins haha
>>
>>68171766
The hell is "big pudding"?
>>
>>68171702
except for Miami, it's true, when he was drafted Cleveland was a bunch of nobodies and still got a decent record and got into the playoffs solely because of Lebron

now it's the same except he has overrated players in his team, what the fuck has Kyrie done in Cleveland? or Love in the Wolves?

Wade lead his team for a championship and Bosh was a great player in Toronto

Im not giving excuses, it's the cold truth, Lebron may have been carried but he has carried teams as well and right now it's carrying Cleveland hard
>>
>>68171782
dwight howard
>>
Love+Irving for Paul George. Fire Lue
>>
>>68154751
start by not having the starters sit almost all of the 4th quarter and actually try to fucking fight back instead of giving up like pussies.
>>
>>68154751
if lebron doesnt drop 40 in the next 2 games and actually try ill lose all respect for him. losing is one thing but getting humiliated is pathetic. go down swinging instead of just giving up like a faggot
>>
>>68176058
He did that last year, though.
>>
>>68154751
Go back 2 years in time and don't let Lebron be defacto GM.
>>
>>68176256
yeah and it won them 2 games
>>
File: 1455964538638.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1455964538638.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>>68176058
LMAO
You still have some respect left for Queen Leflop??
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.