[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assume that you're a football player. Your home country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Assume that you're a football player. Your home country is very good at football while your ancestral country is average. Would you rather play for your home country and be a bench warmer or would you play for your ancestral country and become one of their star players.
>>
wherever i was born

anything else shouldnt even be allowed.
>>
bench warmer and have a chance at winning obviously. Getting less minutes and winning is way better than getting all the minutes and losing.
>>
>Your home country is very good at football

this part is just too unrealistic for me tbqh
>>
>>68135060
for the case of mahrez, he would start if he was playing with the french nt right now but would not even be in any list before this season. he just had to wait tbf
>>
I probably wouldn't get on the bench for England though. They have too many talents. Henderson, Sterling, Lallana, Rooney, the list goes on...
>>
>>68135060
What if you were possibly not good enough to even make the squad?
>>
>>68134970
I don't think it's that simple mate. I guess it's just what country you feel the most desire to represent. Which isn't to say Mahrez wouldn't want to represent France but maybe he his desire to represent the country of his parents was just stronger.

Also, it can really depend on the team that is calling you up, and how they approach you. Algeria probably said "don't play for France, play for us, we'll give you a chance to be a star player, you will be a central part of our system straight away". Whereas France might have said "sorry m9 we've got that position covered pretty well so you're sort of peripheral to requirements"

>>68135060
What a stupid opinion
>a leaf
Now it makes sense
>>
>>68134970

Depends. Is my home country >england?
>>
>>68135278
Most likely it's somewhere in Africa
>>
File: england.jpg (101 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
england.jpg
101 KB, 768x432
>>68135118
Hilarious
>>
>>68135299
KEK
>>
>>68135342
What sport is this?
>>
>>68135299
based ausGOD
>>
>>68135386
One which we're better than you at
>>
>>68135432
Mass immigration of Muslims is a sport?
>>
>>68135299
REKT
>>
>>68134970
Wherever I feel more attached to. Being born somewhere doesn't necessarily mean you call that place home. Same with having parents from somewhere or growing up in a third country or whatever
>>
>>68135236
oh sorry, I guess I forgot that your country/culture doesnt value winning
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.