[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Answering the 10 count
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: 4743845.jpg (39 KB, 618x270) Image search: [Google]
4743845.jpg
39 KB, 618x270
>"1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9........
>>
too soon my nigguh
>>
lol if someone sent a ref near Ali's bedside and had him start counting Ali would probably get up
>>
Not this time lad ;-;
>>
File: lSCUuwb.png (521 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
lSCUuwb.png
521 KB, 720x528
>>68087796
>>
>>68087796
Win some, lose some.
>>
...and down goes Ali
>>
File: 1444248345413.jpg (22 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
1444248345413.jpg
22 KB, 600x630
>>
DING DING DING

AND THE WINNER IS
GRIIIIIM
RRRREEEAAAAPEEERRR
>>
File: 1464814023715.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1464814023715.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>68090946
He's got the most KO's in history
>>
>>68091079
U N D E F E A T E D

N

D

E

F

E

A

T

E

D
>>
>>68091164
#TBE
>>
>>68091269
MONEY TEAM
>>
>taking the sticky down
>>
F
>>
How overrated was he? I looked at his wiki and he lost to some real fucking nobodies
>>
Didn't this Muslim asshole hate white people? Fuck him desu.
>>
>>68091429
Low quality bait
>>
>10 *ding ding ding*
>>
>>68091456
I would have hated white people back then too probably honestly
>>
>>68091429
Losses to Frazier and Norton were excusable as they were very good fighters in their own right. His other three losses should have never happened, and by that I mean he probably should have already lost his license on medical grounds by then. The Thrilla in Manila basically marked the end of him and Frazier both as elite fighters as it took so much out of them, then by the late 70s he had already started to develop a stutter and trembling hands. Even though he wasn't diagnosed until three years after he retired, in hindsight it's apparent he was already showing signs of Parkinson's before his last several fights.
>>
>>68091456
no he just wanted to be black
>>
>>68091609
The most acidic trash talk I've ever heard was when Frazier said he took pride in the fact that he helped give Ali Parkinson's
>>
>>68091649
dat nigga was super mad ali called him an uncle tom and a gorilla that he actually took it to the grave with him
>>
>>68091680
Can you blame him? Ali turned Frazier's own people against him to the point he needed police protection and publicly humiliated him by pretty much calling him a race traitor. There's a reason that's the greatest sporting rivalry ever, they legit wanted to murder each other.
>>
>>68091649
I remember that too. All those years later and you could see not only that he never forgave Ali for how he constantly insulted him before their fights, but just how deep the hatred over that went. I don't even know if I'd call Frazier bragging about giving Ali Parkinson's trash talk because it's on a completely different level of vitriol.
>>
>>68091680
>dat nigga was super mad ali called him an uncle tom

stupid nigger with dumb backward views, glad he's dead 2bh
>>
>>68091716
i mean being that booty blasted about till death is not really the correct way to go about it either. its kind of sad though that the world we live in now does not premit for rivlaries like this so happen again. RIP ali the greatest trash talker of all time
>>
>>68091733
For as bad as Ali had it in Louisville, Frazier was born and raised in Beaufort, South Carolina the absolute worst place for an African-American to be. We can't even fathom how rough Frazier had it and it killed him to be treated by another black man, worse than any white man ever treated him.
>>
Its gonna be great hearing about what a huge impact he had on the civil rights movement without anyone mentioning what a massive disaster that has been for blacks and america. Im sure like with most dead black celebrities there will be a huge public fight over his finances.
>>
>>68091733
yeah honestly what fraizer said was beyond fucked up. There is trash talking and there is that....Fraizer was a mental midget for letting it linger with him all those years, he had 3 chaces to shut ali up and failed twice
>>
The god of trash talk. No fighter today would get a gun pulled on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLWAZhTFsQ
>>
>>68091756
Definitely not, nobody needs that much hatred in their heart and brain. Most rivalries are fabricated in sports, but this one was real and intensified by society at the time.
>>
>>68091429

>hey guys i don't know shit about boxing, but i looked at this guy's record, and

fuck off
>>
>>68091649

>‘Look at him now,’ Frazier remarked callously, many years later, when Ali began to slur his speech and required a wheelchair. ‘He’s damaged goods … God’s shut him up. He can’t talk no more because he was saying the wrong things.

>‘He was always making fun of me, telling me I’m a dummy. Tell me now — him or me, which one talks worse? He’s finished and I’m still here.’

got dam
>>
>>68091833
Pure hatred
>>
>>68091833
In all honesty, I always felt sad for Fraizer and I'm sure Ali did too if he ever saw those comments. To take joy in the severe agony that Ali lived with for over 20 years just because of words, his life must have been empty and hollow. Ali had all of africa ready to kill George Foreman and he never responded to Ali like this. Fraizer's only relief came in his death, because there is no way he enjoyed life with that much hate in his heart. If you wanna get technical about this, Ali lived longer than him so he had the last laugh.
>>
>>68091164
>>
>>68091833

heh, Frazier had to wait until his arch rival developed a mental handicap in order to say that he was smarter than him. The tragic thing is that Ali was still a genius on the inside, but just couldn't express it because of the Parkinson's
>>
>>68091776
It wasn't even just that. On top of everything Frazier saw how Ali treated him as a personal betrayal. When Ali was suspended from boxing and thrown in prison for refusing to report after being drafted Frazier was probably his biggest supporter. He pushed harder than just about anyone, including Ali's "brothers" in the Nation of Islam, to get him freed and reinstated by the various boxing commissions. For a while during that whole sage Frazier was even supporting him financially. The way Ali attacked his character and made him out to be the "white man's champion" once he was back on his feet had to have killed him inside.

If I went to bat for someone to that extent and that's what they did to me in return I don't know if I'd be able to forgive them for it. I wouldn't brag about giving them Parkinson's or anything like that because it's beyond fucked up, but I can't honestly say there wouldn't be any sort of grudge there.
>>
>>68091833
Whatever. I understand. Sometimes you can't let go.
>>
>>68091833
Just some cheeky bantz lads :^)
>>
>>68091904
The reason Fraizer pushed for Ali to come back was for a pay day, nothing more and nothing. He felt betrayed by Ali for turning the black people against him not because "he stabbed him in the back". Ali was a showman and whether he said those things or not, Fraizer still wouldn't have had the black peoples support leading up to the fight.
>>
>read that Muhammed Ali died
>hey dad, did you hear that Muhammed Ali died?
>"Good. He was a racist, a draft dodger and ruined sports forever with trash talking and a lack of class."

Is my dad right /sp/?
>>
>>68091949
He wouldn't have, but Frazier was documented to be extremely proud and had a strong sense of self. Those characteristics combined with Ali's flamboyant marketing style was tailor made to rile up someone such as Frazier. It was the perfect combination of fighters, personalities, and setting all coming together at the perfect time.
>>
>>68091976
No your dad is a faggot cuck and thats why he raised his wifes son (you)
>>
>>68091833
Honestly...he has a point. Ali was insufferable. Pride does come before the falls lads. Actions and how you treat people have consequences
>>
>>68092006
Oh okay
>>
>>68092006
Based leaf
>>
File: 1462222814999.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1462222814999.png
293 KB, 633x758
>he's never getting back up

;_;
>>
File: 1464818935186.jpg (22 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1464818935186.jpg
22 KB, 362x358
We still have Cassius Clay right lads
>>
ding ding ding, haha..
>>
Why didn't he answer the count /sp/?
>>
>>68091903
>The tragic thing is that Ali was still a genius on the inside

Not really, he was still an illiterate asshole. Just a much quieter and less mobile one.
>>
>>68104697
He had good philosophical thoughts, but his lack of education and hatred of society warped the shit out of his thoughts.
>>
>>68104850
>He had good philosophical thoughts

All of which were spoonfed to him by the Nation of Islam and Malcolm X.
>>
>>68091919
I could see why it stayed with him, nowadays he'd go off to see a counsellor and get over it.
It's a shame no one in his life allowed him to do that.
>>
>>68104939
>Malcolm X

I don't understand why he's revered here in the States, he was a domestic terrorist that wantedto kill white people. MLK was a Marxist, but at least he actually wanted coexistence
>>
>pol cherry picking ali quotes when he was brainwashed by the nation if "islam"
him and malcom X rejected the nations rulings and converted to sunni islam. Malcom Xs whole view of the world changed when he went to mecca and saw white and black muslims together. Stay mad though and never change pol
>>
>>68105924
I would've wanted to kill white people too
>>
>>68106269
Yeah but purely thinking it and having the intent to do it are polar opposites. Malcolm had the intent
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.