[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good were Boca Juniors between 2000-2003? Were they the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
How good were Boca Juniors between 2000-2003? Were they the best team in the world?
>>
yes they were. And the fact that my Cruz Azul won the second leg of the Libertadores final vs them at the Bombonera (where they hadn't lost in like 3 years) fills me with pride, despite ultimately losing as always on penalties
>>
They were pretty, pretty good.
>>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2182769.stm
>>
no. now delete this shit thread
>>
lost to 9-men Paysandu at La Bombonera

meme team
>>
File: o_boca_juniors_-1148520.jpg (281 KB, 2097x1648) Image search: [Google]
o_boca_juniors_-1148520.jpg
281 KB, 2097x1648
Yes, it was a pleasure watch that team, i remember the 2 - 5 in my team's stadium in 2000 and the Superclásicos were awesome
>>
this boca team it's pretty much the end of old football in argentina.

after that the sport hugely improved and such technical gap between teams became impossible to happen again.
modern football even things out quite a bit.

not to mention that grondona helped them a lot as well.
>>
ITT: Delusional sudacas
>>
>>68011501
CHI
>>
>>68011557
BO
>>
>>68009376
This post is underrated as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 658x370
>>68009376
>>
>>68011266
Based Pato.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dthBSZ-bo
>>
Boca is the king of cups.
>>
>>68009268

>ultimately losing as always
>as always

>fills me with pride

>losing as always >fills me with pride

KEKazul everybody
>>
Bosteros bolivianos asco dan
>>
>>68009268
Great Cruz Azul squad that "announced" to S.A. that Mexican soccer belonged on the continent.
>>
>>68009086

Larry David won the world cup?
>>
File: kek.jpg (12 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
12 KB, 249x202
Awesome team, could've beaten any club in the world especially over a 2-leg match. That Bombonera atmosphere was legendary.

Big up to the Colombian spine of the team: Córdoba, Bermúdez and Serna.
>>
File: IMG_1243.jpg (193 KB, 960x703) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1243.jpg
193 KB, 960x703
Boca fan here. I remember that entire campaign. That Boca was solid as fuck, and once they scored they would almost always win.

But name to name wasn't the best team and surely they didn't "beautiful". It was a sort of 2004 Greece or 2006 Italy.

It had some interesting names such as Willy Caballero in the bench, Burdisso and Matias Silvestre (Italians have heard of the later two). A young Tevez getting better each day, Barros Schelloto in his prime, an effective Marcelo Delgado and Cascini, Battaglia and Cagna doing the dirty job in the middle.

The Boca that beat Santos on the finals was extremely solid on defense and very effective on counter attack.
The Boca that beat Milan was weakened, most of the players that took Boca to Japan were already gone or leaving after that match.

2000-early 2002 Boca was visually more impressive and had infinitely better players with Riquelme, Walter Samuel, Palermo and Barros Schelloto as the best, and Boca later 2005-early 2007 was easily the best I have seen in my 30 years, but nobody remembers it because the club was in flames and out of all the major competitions.

And now I'm gonna go cry in a dark corner to the memory of Riquelme.
>>
>>68025674
Oh, yes, and this too. We started bringing and awesome batch of Colombian warriors that fucked whatever passed by. They fit really well in the "kick first, play later" historic philosophy of the club.

But yeah, summing it up:
2000 - unstoppable
2001 - very good but Bayern crushed our dreams
2002 - a cluster fuck
2003 - very good
2004 - a cluster fuck
2005 - a cluster fuck
2006 - the best Boca
2007 - Riquelme + 10
2008 and on - a fucking joke
>>
No. Unless I'm forgetting some players, someone post the lineup.
>>
Season 9 when?
>>
File: boca.png (193 KB, 937x819) Image search: [Google]
boca.png
193 KB, 937x819
>>68027868
>>
>>68028208
Wouldn't have made quarter finals in the champions league
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.