[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will never understand why they are so bad in football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Seriously, have large populations and are ethnically composed of races that best play, German, English, Afros, Hispanic, etc.
>>
We don't care enough. I wish we did tho
>>
>>67988143
We don't play soccer here.
>>
cause young athletes are persuaded into playing american football, basketball and baseball. Soccer barely registers in youths and isn't looked at as a long term investment because the pay is nowhere near as high for American's in the MLS as it would be in any of the other major leagues. They chances of a young player being so good that they were brought over to Europe is extremely slim considering the lack of proper training offered in this country
>>
>>67988143
Soccer is for little faggots nobody here plays soccer once they get to high school
>>
>>67988143

We are excellent at football, but only average at soccer
>>
because soccer is mostly for american woman.
>>
>>67988143
I know you're being sarcastic but I don't understand why people actually feel this way. Soccer became somewhat seriously popular here in 1994. Kids that were 5 in 94 are now only 26. That means the team on the field right now represents the first generation of players where soccer wasn't even remotely in the mainstream growing up. (Although it did have its moments in the 70s, you could argue are 90 and 94 teams are products of that brief surge in popularity). Still though, my point is the 2010- national team is really our first try since we decided to take this sport seriously. The next generaion has already proven they'll be much better (pulisic, hyndman, pelosi until he broke his leg, youth players in top euro clubs...one even at Barca until UEFA kicked him out
>>
>>67988162
This. It's purely a lack of interest. If soccer was as popular as football, we would be a powerhouse
>>
File: 1464348659596.jpg (185 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1464348659596.jpg
185 KB, 2197x1463
>>67988143
>population density theory
>>
>>67990504
Additionally, because we aren't good now it is harder to get people interested.
>>
We need a star. Not like a Donovan star like a Lance Armstrong or Lebron James of soccer star
>>
Because its a starter sport for kids ages 5-10.

All kids play in soccer clubs until they are old enough to leave the shit sport.
>>
>>67988143
>English
>>
>>67988143
The USA is a multisport nation. This is something most nations can't even comprehend.
>>
>>67988143

What do you mean? US has the most powerful WOMEN soccer team in the world...
>>
>English
>best play
>>
>>67993067
Speaking of disappointing north american soccer nations, what's Mexico's excuse? Massive population that is obsessed with the sport yet hasn't accomplished anything
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.