[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit draft rules in the NBA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: yesjulz.jpg (108 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
yesjulz.jpg
108 KB, 640x640
So can we agree that the addition of the rule banning basketball players from entering the draft immediately has backfired and made both NBA and College basketball worse?
Previously, if you went to college, you were pretty much going for 4 years, so rivalries and dynasties could actually form, causing players to play harder and learn about winning and being great; players with the talent to enter the NBA immediately had a baptism by fire and either came out better or were immediately outed as shit
Now we have a completely unstable college system (the Big fucking East collapsed for fuck's sake) where the teams do not properly prepare them for the NBA, and the NBA has not seen a new real MVP calibre superstar drafted since Curry, who needed years to develop in the NBA.
Pic unrelated
>>
feet
>>
>>67933201
kill yourself hollandfag
>>
>>67933196
If they're gonna be a good player, they will become one. It doesn't matter if they spend 1 or 4 years in college.
>>
>>67933196
I agree the NBA should just expand the D league and have a sub D league level too. Stop making niggas play school instead of ball
>>
>>67933222
I won't listen to a fat disgusting yank

9/11 was funny
>>
>>67933196
The one and done rule definitely ruins college basketball.
>>
>>67933231
Disagree, being a skilled player and learning how to become a champion that can work on a team. It also can give players drive to win instead of just playing for money.
>>
>>67933384
>be forced to play for college "for free"
>get injured freshman year
>scholarship ded
gee I am sure glad I was forced to get an education rather than signing a contract
>>
>>67933384
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_high_school_draftees

heres a list of players that got draft straight out of high school
>3 mvps
>9 all-nba level players
>10 all-stars
>more than half had successful careers

If your good enough to draw nba interest at 18, your good enough to play in the nba. I'd rather have kids learning in a professional environment than for some college that only cares about immediate results
>>
>>67933196

they should require a player to play for 3 years if the opt for college.
>>
>>67933534
I'm advocating for no restriction though... I made this thread
>>
>>67933273
What are your chances of getting in the nba if you go throught the d league
>>
>>67933709

>How many NBA Development League players have made it to the NBA?

>A record 174 players with NBA D-League experience were on NBA rosters at the end of the 2014-15 regular season, representing an all-time high 39 percent of the league.

>This group includes both players who were assigned from the NBA to the NBA D-League and players who were called up from the NBA D-League to the NBA at some point in their careers.

>During the 2015-16 season, 32 players were called up to the NBA. A record 68 NBA players were assigned to the NBA D-League an all-time high 321 total times.

thats what I found on the d-league website
>>
>>67933771
That's cool
>>
Thicc
>>
>>67934279

honestly more players should look into that route if the want to be one and done
>>
>>67933196
Moar plz
>>
>>67933196
Should probably be no restrictions at all or be like the NFL with at least 3 years in college
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.