[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 2003 Roy Jones JR tried to set up fights with Corrie Sanders,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 200px-RoyJones_otr152.jpg (12 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
200px-RoyJones_otr152.jpg
12 KB, 200x250
In 2003 Roy Jones JR tried to set up fights with Corrie Sanders, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, and Lennox Lewis

Did he have a realistic chance at beating any of them?
>>
>Did he have a realistic chance at beating any of them?

No and that was probably just media bullshit. I doubt Jones would get into the ring with any of them.
>>
>>67892234
Theyre to big for roy but he still is my p4p greatest fighter to step in the ring
>>
RJJ wasn't a true heavyweight, all those guys apart from Evander would have sent him to the intensive care unit with one shot to the chin

He went after Ruiz because he new Ruiz had no power and could be outboxed, but that was a one off. Still a great achievement though.
>>
>>67892234

He wanted no part of Lewis.
>>
those guys were way too big but he was so fucking good that he could challenge. he wanted riddick bowe i believe but his father was like fuck no.

hes a natural middleweight that went to every division just looking for fights because he wiiped out every division not heavyweight
>>
I remember he did try to get Lennox after Ruiz but most probably would have been killed by a monster uppercut. At hw Jones weighted ~190, Ruiz ~220 and Lewis ~250, and Lewis miles above Ruiz as a boxer.

Sanders and Tyson were similar in weight to Ruiz and both were done by the time Jones might have fought them (especially Tyson), so who knows what would have happened. Maybe Jones would have been able to get a decision via pot shots.

BTW, rip in peace Sanders, forgot he was murdered a few years ago.
>>
he might have stood a chance against tyson. he wouldn't have been able to hurt the others.
>>
>>67892234
RJJ also once had a fight scheduled with Buster Douglas but roy pulled out over fear.
>>
>>67902357

he's my favourite non-elite heavy

>southpaw, massive power and insane hand speed
>big boer moustache in his early days
>btfo Wlad and gave Vitali his toughest fight after Lewis
>didn't bother training and just played golf between bouts
>died a hero shielding his family from bullets during a robbery
>>
>>67902380
can't blame him for pulling out of the fight, a year earlier he was still fighting at super middleweight. There's a reason why jones beating ruiz was the first time in 100 years an ex middleweight champion became a heavyweight champion, it's a very bad and risky business. Even natural light heavies have a hard time at heavyweight.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.