[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lately I've been trying to get into baseball for my boyfriend's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Lately I've been trying to get into baseball for my boyfriend's sake but I know nothing about it and don't follow sports in general. Like, I tried looking up stats and it just looks like jumbled numbers to me. What's the best way to learn all this shit?
>>
>>67856601
tits or gtfo
>>
Pick a favorite player and follow him. The rest will come in time.
>>
3 strikes their out
Caught and their out
Hit the ball to run
Run to 3 bases
They player needs to get all the way around
He can be run out by the opposing team
Team with more players that make it home win
Swap after 3 players are out
>>
>>67856601
The best way would probably to show us your tits
>>
>>67856612
>>67856631
Trust me, you'd be disappointed. I used to have to stuff my bra in high school
>>
>>67856624
Serious question, the pitcher is trying to avoid the batter hitting the ball right? Like they WANT the dude to miss?
>>
>>67856716
They want him to miss 3 times, then he's out but sometimes it's a no ball when the throw is shit which doesn't count towards the three
>>
>>67856716
This is an extreme simplification but this is the start:

>Pitcher starts with ball
>He throws ball to the his teammate called the "catcher"
>If batter hits ball between white lines, batter runs to first base
>If batter swings bat and misses ball, he gets a strike
>If batter swings bat and hits ball outside of white line, he gets a strike
>If batter does not swing and the ball is thrown over home plate, he gets a strike
>Three strikes and batter's turn is over
>Three outs for the batter's team and the inning ends, then said batter's team's pitcher gets a turn to pitch
>>
>>67856659
I love traps tho
>>
>>67856659
Please be in
W I N D S O R
>>
>>67856601
just lay on your back and take it...its better you dont try and learn
>>
>>67856716
Short answer: yes
Longer answer: Depends on the situation.

3 strikes (swinging or called strike) is an out, but if the batter hits in to another defensive player for an easy out, that is preferable for a pitcher. Starting pitchers tend to have a limit of about 100 pitches. Some more, some less. So, needless to say, a high strikeout game will garner more pitches from the pitcher. But if he can get easy groundballs or pop ups, it can make it easier on him in the long run.

As far as wanting the batter to miss the ball, there are some occasions where the pitcher wants to induce the ground ball, for example if there's a runner on first base, the defense can turn a double play by throwing the ball to the defender covering the base that the baserunner is heading towards
>>
>>67856819
I'm not a trap tho
>>67856834
Kitchener
>>67856843
O___O
>>
File: z2pBAQr (1).png (485 KB, 364x480) Image search: [Google]
z2pBAQr (1).png
485 KB, 364x480
>>67856659
post them syrup taps bb
also >>>/mlb/
>>
>>67856601
I would follow the Astros, not the Padres, as they are full of young talent, and are due to comeback and win the AL West.
>>
>>67856873
>wants advice on baseball
>goes to notoriously sexist Venezuelan carpentry forum
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.