[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Press F to pay respects Side note, what sports site is the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: deadspin.com-02.png (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
deadspin.com-02.png
11 KB, 300x225
Press F to pay respects

Side note, what sports site is the worst now that Deadspin is kill?
>>
Maybe it's just me, but I fucking hate SBNation. They basically just post vines, but whenever they try to write seriously it's either loaded with incorrect facts, baseless claims or just garbage writing in general. Like the writers don't even watch sports.
>>
>>67842545
It's not just you.
>>
>>67842545

And that Ziller dude who writes about the nba is the worst. Although he might just look terrible because there's so many great nba writers atm.
>>
>tfw I remember when Deadspin was good and not the TMZ/HuffPost of sports

I'm getting to old for this shit 2bh
>>
>>67842354

/r/soccer
>>
>Deadspin is kill
?
>>
File: Payquan Manning.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Payquan Manning.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>sports 'journalism'
>>
>>67842649

Judge refused to give new trial and upheld the 140 million verdict. It's not an official appeal but it may as well be. For them to actually appeal the verdict they have to bond the 140 million. They don't have the money to bond it so since the amount wasn't reduced, they're out of legal options.
>>
>>67842714
lmao they deserve it fucking libelous faggots
>>
File: hulker.png (728 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
hulker.png
728 KB, 1680x1050
I AM A REAL AMERICAN
>>
File: damages.png (54 KB, 713x370) Image search: [Google]
damages.png
54 KB, 713x370
>>
>>67842649
hogan murdered atomic leg dropped the jews
>>
F for fuck off faggots
Good riddance to bad rubbish
>>
The funny part is that Hogan got bankrolled by Peter Thiel, a billionaire who got outed by Gawker. He did this knowing that Gawker didn't have much money so he had to get a verdict so big they wouldn't even be able to afford an appeal. It was never about taking Gawkers money, it was to kill them.

I'd expect a mass exodus of writers from all their sites. Good luck finding work tho ay.
>>
>>67842967
Good. I hope anyone thats ever been involved with that corp is ruined
>>
That's what happens, when you mess with a real American, brother. The Hulkster laid a financial smackdown on them, that they're never going to forget. So let me ask you something, brother. Whatcha gonna do, when Hulkamania runs wild on you?
>>
>>67842967
ESPN is on a SJW hypefest, they'll pick up some of them I'd be shocked if they didnt
>>
>>67843035
ESPN is on deaths door as well.

The money for SJW clickbait trash is drying up fast
>>
Hogan was just the front man. Gawkers death was carefully planned sms executed by Peter Thiel and his gang of high priced lawyers. Gawker wins appeal if they can get it out of Florida, but Thiels lawyers made sure that wouldn't happen.

Fucking brilliant really. Would make a good Grisham novel.
>>
>>67843043
They're not on deaths door yet, that what I mean by SJW hypefest, theyve ramped up their SJW clickingbaiting over the last couple of months (more so than usual) as a last ditch effort to gain a sustainable viewerbase for a financial future.

They LITERALLY put out a story today that Math is racist to black people.
>>
>>67843071

There's no "real" money in sjw clickbait, at least not as it would pertain to ESPN.

Little blogs that don't have a lot of expenses can aggregate sports news stories, dish out hot takes, cater to sjw clicks and whatever else because there's no risk at all involved for them. And that by aggregating, they're not even doing the work to write stories, they're just hot taking and piggy backing on other outlets that pay for journalists.

So yea, when your monthly expenses are like 50 dollars it's easy to make a nice profit off clickbaiting. When you're ESPN? Not so much. There's real risk involved for small change.
>>
I'd press F if they deserved my respect, but they don't. Shitty clickbait articles, awful, clear, opinions and biases, and the smugness that comes with being a Gawker writer. Trying to act like you're just a small time blogger and you're better than the big companies when you have no professionalism whatsoever. The thing that always pissed me off about Deadspin et al was that they always acted like they were so much better than everyone else but had no professionalism and just wrote stupid clickbait or how much they loved/hated certain teams and cities. It's like if you took every "hey guys im totally a neutral but i hate <city> and their fans are shit" post on /sp/ and tried to pass it off as a legit sports news site.

Even dogshit websites like Barstool Sports don't actually pretend to be anything more than shitty blogs and opinions from homers. Deadspin tried to do that but put forth the notion that they're professional. And that made it worse. You can't have it both ways.

It's like how SA Goons pretend they're so much better than 4chan posters because they paid money to post even though their userbase is just as fucking awful. At least 4chan users know we're the bottom of the barrel and we don't pretend to be something we're not.

>>67842545
Jon Bois is the only good thing about SB Nation and even he's becoming more hit or miss lately.
>>
>>67843071
>They LITERALLY put out a story today that Math is racist to black people.
The Wilbon thing about blacks not being into sabermetrics?

Isn't that a good thing, though. Sabermetric fanaticism is a sign of autism.
>>
File: higherpower.jpg (73 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
higherpower.jpg
73 KB, 480x480
>>67842967
IT'S ME DENTON

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG DENTON
>>
>>67843071

Also The Undefeated isn't a money making venture for them. ESPN launched knowing that it'll operate at a loss. And they're fine with that.

The Undefeated is about ESPN projecting a progressive, inclusive appearance. Whether you personally agree with those politics or not is irrelevant, but that's all it is.
>>
I want bleacher report to die
>>
File: 1442424344546.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1442424344546.png
386 KB, 667x670
>Slander the fuck out of rich dudes
>Expect nothing to happen

They should have stuck to beating on more faceless 'evils' like 'performance enhancing whiteness' or the tragedy of women soccer players not making as much as men.
>>
>>67843152
t. man who failed algebra 2
>>
>>67843152
It wasn't just about blacks not being into sabermetrics

It was about the lack of blacks involved in sabermetrics being inherently deprived of organizational opportunities to their white counterparts because they're not as well oriented with numbers like the big stronk white men are

He was insinuating a likened issue to the "glass ceiling" for women, implying that there's an unfair bias present about granting blacks jobs in the GM/Management world because they aren't as numbers oriented as whites.

It's an absurd thing to write.
>>
>>67842545
fucking this

also they fucking stick their logo and an article begging for people to work for them at slave labour wages on every one of the sites they own. they have a site for every team in every league that just post clickbait shit and rumours
>>
>Mandrama man kills Gawker
>Mandrama man gets a 30 for 30
>Mandrama man will host the espsys

WWE confirmed /sp/
>>
New to nfl guy this season, can anyone post some kind of power ranking of websites that are just tmz or click bait and bad articles to avoid? stuff like deadspin bleacher report sb nation etc?
>>
>>67843219
ESPN presents 30 for 30 "gibs me dat"
>>
>>67842884
>$140 million worth of community service

thats like a life prison sentence
>>
>Thiel

Trump VP candidate when?
>>
>>67843378

That would be funnier 2bh
>>
>>67843313
Rotowire is what you want. It's more focused on the fantasy element, but you don't need much more in the world of NFL. It's news, not op-eds or anything. Just the facts, jack.
>>
File: mom i posted it again.jpg (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mom i posted it again.jpg
98 KB, 400x400
>>67843043
>SJW
>>
>>67843184
basically this desu. Will there ever be a company as equally dumb as fuck as they are successful?
>>
>>67843071
>They LITERALLY put out a story today that Math is racist to black people.

no they didn't.
the irony of accusing ESPN of clickbaiting while making a white-scare post.
>>
>>67842967
Gawker fucked Thiel good. Hypocritical as fuck that they push feminist and pro-gay stuff so hard but then go out of their way to try to fuck over closet homosexuals.

I'm glad he got to get his revenge
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.