[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of sports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 484x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 484x252
Why do people watch sports? What does it do for you?

Both my NBA and CFB teams have won championships recently. I was so happy I screamed I cried. After winning though I feel hollow. It has done shit for me. It hasn't lowered my rent or increased my pay at my job. I've received nothing as a human being except two single memories which are less impactful than losing virginity. What is the point of sports after your teams have won it all? Why bother?
>>
Entertainment
>>
>>67710233

Gives you mutual point of interest with normies - kinda like why some people watch game of thrones or other pleb tier shit.
>>
>>67710233

To get my mind off of my shitty, lonely life.
>>
What's the point of golfing or going camping?
>>
>>67710293
You develop motor skills and physical fitness. Viewing Sports you are literally sitting watching other people activity / get paid millions.
>>
It's exciting, unlike my life. Plus it's cheap and can be incorporated into my daily routine.

If you can get excitement elsewhere feel free to do so but it usually takes a lot of time & money.
>>
>>67710416
Is that why you go golfing? To tune your senses? Lol
>>
File: beware-my-fedora-is-loaded.png (829 KB, 538x792) Image search: [Google]
beware-my-fedora-is-loaded.png
829 KB, 538x792
>>67710233
What's the point of anything in life? You die and you lose everything. Any impact, no matter how great, will eventually erode away over time. In 100 years no one will Trump. In 200 years no one will remember the trade towers. That's of course assuming humanity isn't wiped out completely by a natural disaster.

Everything in life is pointless, so just try to find shit that you enjoy and that makes you happy. Stop being a MASSIVE FUCKING FAGGOT and worrying about past experiences that you yourself deem as meaningless.

You stupid cuck ass faggot.
>>
Wow what a unique perception OP.

What if the when we see colours we're seeing different colours others see? So we both perceive the colour yellow differently? Crazy huh
>>
>>67710473
/thread
>>
>>67710233
Entertainment, community, a running continuous story line being played out every day for eternity. It's reality t.v. mixed with physical ability and mental focus and strategy. It's cool to see people from all over the world come together and compete for one common goal and see the drama that unfolds. It gives me something to occupy my time and obsess over to distract me from my sub-par life and give me a false sense of accomplishment by living vicariously through other people who are better athletes than I was. Sports are a common thread through my life connecting my childhood to my adulthood and me to my dad

I don't know man. Also, if you want to read a pretty good sports book I recommend 'Fever Pitch' by Nick Hornby. It's about the nature of sports fandom and his life as an Arsenal fan, but it applies to being a fan of any team in any sport
>>
File: zeppelin_sopbre_mvdeo.jpg (14 KB, 616x376) Image search: [Google]
zeppelin_sopbre_mvdeo.jpg
14 KB, 616x376
Spectating or playing is the difference.
Spectating is bullshit.
Playing is actually sports as it's
meant to be.
Random pic.
>>
its a great distraction
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.