[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here in Latin America, it is very common for kids to improvise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: índice.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Here in Latin America, it is very common for kids to improvise football matches in school or in the street. So, I was wondering, what sports do kids in the USA usually play in their schools?
>>
>>67587673
"soccer" as well lol
>>
>>67587673
hot dog eating contests
>>
>>67587673
Sometimes target practice.

>Most of the time, not.
>>
Beat up the foreigner.
>>
>>67587673
nothing, they would sue the fuck out of each others at the first guy who'd make another one falling by accident
that would result in a either in a mass sooting spree, or the school going bankrupt from being forced to pay 150 millions dollars of prejudice and reparation
>>
>>67587673
Pick up basketball is easily the GOAT afternoon sport with bros.
>>
>>67587673
At recess we basically all played football but occasionally kickball. Then in winter when we were inside always basketball.

>>67587746
Nah there were occasionally kids (usually girls) trying to start up a soccer game but usually ended up being like 4 or so of them passing back in forth
>>
Basketball
>>
Pokemon and diabetes.
>>
Smear the queer, Basketball, Football, Baseball, kickball, four square
>>
>>67587673
Basketball and football are the most common by far for boys. The girls and the immigrants play soccer.
>>
File: 1462421883627.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462421883627.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
We used to set up, tackle football games during recess, but parents and teachers cracked down.

Then it was just Basketball
>>
>>67591353
>tackle football till the teachers came
>500 till they left
>>
>>67587673
Call of Duty
WoW
>>
We literally play our most popular sport too.

All you need is a ball just like soccer. Don't even have to try to improvise a goal.
>>
>>67587673
football and basketball
>>
Every argument against American football not being a sport that kids or random people can pick up and play whenever is fucking stupid

>well what about pads
So you wore shinguards and boots to improvised pickup soccer?

>what about 11 men
Once again, did you always play soccer with 11 men?

>what about a field?
Any open area is a field, same as improvised soccer

>what about refs/coaches/plays?
Nobody talks about what formation they are using or what their philosphy is in pickup soccer either.

It is the exact same, kids + open space + ball = game.
>>
>>67589401
Lol Americans really are deluded, none of your sports matter, they're a joke
>>
Not poverty ball
>>
>>67591705
This
>>67594103
Ask yourself how your post had anything to do with the post you replied to and what you're even trying to accomplish
>>
>>67587673
Shooting each other
>>
Basketball and football.

It was great standing in the middle of the street and getting further and further away from seeing how far you could launch the pigskin, eventually hitting a windshield and setting off a car alarm.
>>
>>67587673
School shooting
>>
>>67594282
Playing baseball catch in the street is when the real anxiety kicks in. I've dented a few cars in my day and if you're playing on a long street you might have to run a couple hundred feet to get the ball for every bad throw
>>
stickball
>>
>>67594333
You're not in the Dominican any more chico
>>
>>67587673
shooting rampages
>>
>>67594345
we didn't use bottlecaps though
>>
>>67594314
>playing in the park
>finally hit one out
>break a windshield
>game over, everyone scatters
>>
>>67594103
I was talking about what kids in the US play in school.
>>
school shootings
>>
>>67594103
They matter to us dipshit, which is what OP asked about.
>>
>>67589301
>kickball

literally what?
>>
File: 1462414864799.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1462414864799.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>67594831
think baseball, but the pitcher "bowls" the ball, and you try to kick that shit into another dimension. Bretty funn mane.
>>
>>67589315
topkek
>>
>>67587673

oldfag here

>when i was a kid....
>thosewerethedays.jpg

organized football. rules were obvious depending on the numbers and location. needed at least 6. these games ranged from 2 vs 2 with "all time qb" passing games, to full blown my-crew-vs-your-crew hheeemfests.

wallball. what a glorious playground game, whenever a pinkball or tennisball and a smooth building-side is available. have delicious memories of the sound those rubber balls make against a head. sometimes called "suicide" or pegball.

basketball. more of a park activity (not school), as the schools around me didn't have hoops. plus, back then, it was the thing the blacks or tall whites did.

softball/stickball/baseball. this is when there was a coach dad around... usually only in the spring of schooltime. at schools it was softball, as you can't have the retard kids getting pegged by a hardball (although, that used to happen, and it was memorable).

red-rover, break-the-line, whatever. if no organization, the games formed into some tribal acceptance rituals. fun stuff.

In general, I observed an interesting 15-minute schoolground rule. After 15 minutes (sans an adult playground worker), boy dominate playground areas evolve to smear-the-queer, while girl dominated playground areas regress to the hot girls hanging out with the alpha boys, the mediocre girls split between following the hot girls around and isolating the best of the beta boys to try to beat them up, and the ugly girls determining who is going to get pregnant by an immigrant first.

>thesedays.jpg
>volunteer to save on tuition for my kids
>being a "certified" yard person

Competitive games are "frowned on".

Certainly, no physical contact games.

Kickball is as tough as it gets. Parents had to fight to allow their sons to play 2-hand-touch football in the fall (not allowed in the spring).

Inclusion rules exist. if a kid wants to play, and they ask nicely, they get to change the rules.

i cry inside everyday.
>>
they roll a ball around slowly towards the nearest mccas except the ball is actually themselves
>>
>>67589270
A mass shooting spree? Like the Bataclan?
>>
>stickball
>kickball
>pick up ball

what are these things? USA is so strange.
>>
>>67595904
>pickup ball

"Pickup ball" just means a basketball game with random people. It's not a separate sport.
>>
you'd think that kids would play football in the world cup winning country, but they don't
>>
Smear the Queer confirmed
>>
Dodge ball and flag football

Kids play basketball in the afternoon
>>
>>67589331
>Smear the queer

every time
>>
>>67595092

i feel bad for these foreigners who will never enjoy the epicurean delights of kickball
>>
they go to smoke every brake
sometimes soccer
>>
>>67589331
>smear the queer

Mah nigga, had this at my school too. Where you from?

Also kickball was GOAT in elementsry school, and on rainy days we would play crab soccer in the gym with a giant inflatable beach ball, fun as hell.
>>
>>67595383
>second half of your post

What the shit. How old are you?
I'm 24 and we did all that first part when I was a kid too. When did the shift to ultra-protective helicopter parenting happen? And why so quickly?
Hell, I used to walk to and from the bus stop by myself.
>>
>>67595383
>wallball

Teachers finally caught on to the rule where we would peg another player hard with the ball so they made us stop
>>
>>67599358
jersey
>>
>tfw you don't get to play smear the queer at recess because it's penis inspection day
>>
>>67587673
for actual athletic kids? basketball

for white kids? smear the queer... because you know for obvious reasons
>>
What the hell is smear the queer?
>>
>>67595383
Wallball was amazing i think my old elementary school has the goat wall, some rough bricklaying made for strange bounces. Surprisingly it was never banned despite aggresive pegging in the head with a stickball/tennis ball. This was the kate 90s early 2000s so idk if its allowed now.
>>
>>67587673
Almost anything viable from boxing to baseball
>>
>>67607347
Alot like tag but with tackling and usually a small ball to indicate who was "it"
>>
File: old-leather-football-1468467.jpg (230 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
old-leather-football-1468467.jpg
230 KB, 1300x1300
>tfw born in 3rd world country
>tfw playing soccer with empty water bottles/ stuffed socks/ bunched-up plastic bags during classroom breaks and after school

South Americans, how many of you improvised soccer balls when the real thing was unavailable?

Also, if you've never enjoyed a match using pic related, you missed out
>>
Handgun shooting
>>
>>67607628
do you guys play "find the fresh air"
>>
>>67595092
Fucking love kickball
>>
>>67587673
>he doesnt know about 21, around the world, h-o-r-s-e, kickball, kick the can, king of the hill, wallball, and kickball
>>
>>67591397
>500
Nothing more fun than scrapping for an overthrown ball
>>
>>67607589
kek, immigrant here. Did you ever have one of those extremely fun & frenzied large-crowd footy kickabouts? The one where the kid who brought his ball would loudly announce it during lunch break and send everyone within earshot running to the school field to play. Even better was when random kids who were already on the field would join making for a 100+ participant match.
>>
One Man Wembley was the GOAT school game.

Maybe that's why English Football is more physical than the rest of Europs
>>
cascaritas Joel
>>
>>67607589
In my school, we got to the absolute extreme of using bottle caps as balls, because the whole bottle would crack windows to easily
>>
>>67599203
>soccer except for fat people who don't wanna run
>>
>>67595383
The mention of wallball legit triggered me. I just flew into a random rage when repressed memories surfaced. Kids in the early 90s were brutal.

Yet the second part of your post made me so sad.
>>
We used to play smear the queer or dodgeball but those are illegal now I think.
>>
Pokemon or some other gay shit.
>>
>>67587673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF3yrdv3eY8

This guy just learnt freestyle by the looks of it
>>
>>67587673
American schools don't have improvised sports unless "getting high in the bathroom" counts as a "sport".
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 560x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 560x506
>>67594831
Not knowing kickball

How do u even
>>
Smear the Queer
Wall Ball

these are the best schoolyard sports in the US.
Little kids are forced to play soccer to develop coordination. When they get older, they start on real sports like football, baseball, and basketball.
>>
>>67587673
Candy Crush

Both the iPhone game and what's basically a candy eating contest
>>
"We" played this game in middle school where we bought Pepsi blue and shook em up. Then you tried to hold in it your mouth as long as you could before it exploded everywhwre. The concrete is still stained.

>by we I mean the kids who managed to be burnouts in middle school
>>
In poorer places:

Rumble Fumble (aka american football with no rules, just tackle whoever has the ball)
Slap-boxing
If there's a court, basketball
Tag
>>
>>67599203
negro you are not the only ones who play kickball
>>
>>67587673
Streetball.
>>
>>67594103
KHAN BTFO
HATTON BTFO
ENGLAND BTFO @ WORLD CUP
>>
handball
basketball
stickball (street baseball basically)
>>
>>67607740
That's Poland during the nazI time
>>
Driveway hockey

>that one kid with the based as fuck dad who didn't care if you used the garage door as a backstop.
>>
Handball (the one where you hit the ball against the wall not the faggy euro version)
Dodgeball/teamball (only 90s kids and earlier generations know this feel before faggy liberals and overprotective parents ruined it)
>>
File: internetfight.gif (397 KB, 233x199) Image search: [Google]
internetfight.gif
397 KB, 233x199
Tard Wrestle, they train to be WWE pro.
>>
>>67626018
We were playing dodgeball in high school gym class and I graduated in 2012. So it's not totally gone, even though we were teenagers playing it.
>>
>>67626128
Depends on the region and the school district
>>
>>67626156
Kentucky, so the 3rd world of the United States
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.