[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch rugby union match from 1980s >bunch of skinny dudes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: monkey (1).jpg (45 KB, 436x271) Image search: [Google]
monkey (1).jpg
45 KB, 436x271
>watch rugby union match from 1980s
>bunch of skinny dudes
>watch rugby union match from today
>bunch of fatter, muscled guys

What happened?
>>
This sort of thing has been going on in all sports in the last 30 to 40 years, lots more focus on muscles and the like.

Dumb gorilla poster
>>
The skinny guys got old and retired and then some big guys started playing
>>
fat guys took over
>>
>>67538664
THey started lifting weights, eating with nutrition in minds, and doing HGH.
>>
>>67538782
This, all sports now feature a much larger importance on size and strength
>>
Wouldn't being fat be a disadvantage in a sport likr rugby?
>>
>>67540086
and then i watch Durant play just as well as Lebron

at least in basketball it seems being jacked is a meme
>>
>>67538664
Filthy dumb gorilla posting scum
>>
Rugby was an amatuer sport until 1995 is why.
>>
>>67540156
What gave you that idea m8?
>>
>>67543156
More running with less breaks than the NFL
>>
>>67544088
In union the current standard is to have everything. Mass (especially the forward pack), speed and endlurance. You're probably thinking of league where mass isn't as important.
>>
>>67539799
I would like to see this happen to chess.
>>
>>67544088
Depends on the position.

There are no true fat cunts in rugby anymore though.
>>
>>67544980
When Fischer started exercising intensely in preparation for (and during) the 1972 championship match against Spassky it was considered a novel approach at the time. Not sure about now.
>>
>>67538786
>for (you)
>>
probably steroids
>>
>>67545113
computer programs for positional analysis are basically the equivalents of roids and modern training regimens. they make opening preparation much easier than before. top players emerge at a way younger age than they used to do.
>>
>>67545092
Nick Williams.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.