[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best MVP Season Ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: PRMMHoY.jpg (54 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
PRMMHoY.jpg
54 KB, 600x580
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/stephen-curry-mvp-steph-golden-state-warriors-shoes-speech-lebron-james-michael-jordan-2-051016

SCurry just had arguably the most efficient season ever for a perimeter player but was it really the greatest like these cucks trying to sell?

Side-Note:
Curry 15'-16' MVP season
30ppg (led the league)
2spg (led the league)

Jordan's Career
30ppg (all-time leader)
2spg (3rd all-time)
>>
the stats are ridiculous because we live in the babby offensive era

put curry in MJ's era and he'd be crying. put MJ in today's era and he'd drop 38 a game EASY.

hell, put iverson in today's era and he'd be ballin all over the league
>>
best since 2013 lebron
>>
>>67500845
Wtf would 80-90's defenses do against a guy that chucks frm 35' at 40%+ other than clock him the second he steps past half court... Oh yeah right
>>
>>67501021

dive at his knees
>>
>>67500845
Other than resorting to "physicality" the guy's unguardable and all u can do is pray he has off night, that's in any era. Think about it
- body him and he goes by u for floater
- double him on the drive and he kicks to Klay
- give him daylight and he gets 3pts

And I haven't even mentioned Draymond screens yet! Scurry is scurry
>>
>>67500845
Curry in 90s era NBA? 22' three-point line, no zone defense... you've gotta be kidding me with this shit. It would be like Curry was coming down from the next league up.
>>
>>67501279
>Discussing Curry's skill
>Mentioning Klay
Curry is definitely a tough cover in any era but you just pointed out a fundamental flaw in his game; he benefits immensely from being part of a very well-oiled machine.

Also honestly, it is still MIND BOGGLING to me that people don't seem to play hard defense on Curry. There's a lot of stellar athletes in the league who can keep up with Curry if he tries to go for the blow-by, pick the fucker up at half court and stay stuck to him. Admittedly, the illegal screens make it hard to stay glued to him but that's another story, you can still pressure him like any other player.
>>
>>67503424
>he benefits immensely from being part of a very well-oiled machine.

So does literally every single player on a well-oiled machine, in the history of the sport, and that includes every GOAT.

> it is still MIND BOGGLING to me that people don't seem to play hard defense on Curry.

They do. He blows them the fuck out.
>>
>>67503447
I legit almost never see guys pick Curry up on time. With his range, you've got to be on him before he gets over half court and defending him properly as soon as he crosses it.
>>
>le crying MJ meme
>>
>>67501279

Draymond Green is dead in less than 10 games if he tries to pull the bitch shit he does now
>>
>>67503470
If you pull up on Curry too fast as he moves up passed half court he'll just blow by you.
>>
>>67503505
Draymond would probably be more accepted in that era considering all of the illegal shit he does now was basically common place back then.
>>
>be skinny think
>people really think that Curry wasn't getting hacked by people since youth.

He's probably dealt with physical players for most of his life, he knows how to handle them. Plus, how the fuck are the slow ass dudes in the 90's going to stop him when he's pulling shots like 25+ feet away. This is coming from someone who was actually there for the Riley Knicks too.
>>
>>67503624
He'd be ripping people with his handles, they rarely saw that shit back in the 90s
>>
Steph curry represents everything wrong with modern basketball. Soft, show_ponying, three point jacking little nerd. Bring back the days of Bill Laimbeer, Larry Bird...hell even prime Kobe was better than little creeps like Curry and thompson jacking up threes.
>>
>>67500809
Jordan put up those stats like every single year of his prime.
>>
Basketball is just too fucking soft now.
No other sport embodies 'refball' as much as modern basketball
>>
Maybe if he was a better two way player

He's average to slightly above average defensively
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.