[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Americans care about hockey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (273 KB, 596x858) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
273 KB, 596x858
Why don't Americans care about hockey?
>>
Because they don't understand it. And those that do like it.
>>
>>67465763
needs more blacks
>>
I like hockey way more than cuckhoop
>>
>>67465763
because ESPN doesn't air any hockey.
So they dont care about it
>>
>>67465763
Hockey needs more diversity. Its literally just a bunch of cumskins. What the fuck? Is this Europe in the 20s? Please...
>>
>>67465781
It's simple enough to understand if you put in the little bit of effort. It's just a cultural thing. Hockey isn't as rooted into America as it is in Canada (obviously). I've never been to Canada but I'll just guess that going ice skating or learning to skate in Canada is more common in Canada than it is in the U.S. so it probably seems more foreign to Americans. There's not the same emotional attachment to the game as there is with other American sports
>>
I always thought it was just football on snow
>>
>>67465763
I do, but let's be honest here
>espn
>>
>>67465806
>>67465863
No thanks, there's enough Finn's as is.
>>
I dont understand why idiots still care if espn covers hockey. Every time espn tries to cover hockey they make it painfully clear they dont know shit.

Still pissed they got rights to the world cup of hockey somehow.
>>
This isn't about people caring about hockey or not, this is about people not using ESPN as a source of hockey and other sports news and content. They suck at sports news reporting, they might get more clicks for lol on their own website, but I guarantee there is still way more traffic to dedicated esport websites. ESPN just wants to cash on whatever they can and they recognize people aren't using them for legit sports news anymore
>>
>>67465763
not enough PED's
>>
>>67465763
You can't even follow the puck. It's flawed from the beginning.
>>
>>67465880
it's golf, boxing, football, and soccer all in one.
>>
because it sucks dick on tv.
>>
>>67466404
you forget your glasses grandpa?
>>
>>67465763
we do but espn has a hate towards hockey because nhl won't give them a exclusivity deal

Hockey in the states is about a million or two less popular than basketball but neither are up to NFL or MLB's level
>inb4 some stupid wigger or azn tells me basketball will overtake mlb in 20 years and nfl in 40
lel
>>
>>67465763
I care. White northern states do.

I don't get why hockey haters have such a chip on their shoulder, we pretty much just shitpost in our general.

It's kind of weird.
>>
not enough blacks
>>
>>67465763
Needs more huge ripped black men for me to be interested.
>>
>>67466528
I never understood why basketball was more popular than hockey in America. Basketball is so predictable and lacks parity.
>>
>>67466599
Basketball is the most entertaining sport in the world. Hockey is just skating and fighting a lot. Nothing really happens most of the time.
>>
>>67466623
What the fuck? You've clearly never watched a game in your life. Fighting has died down significantly and the games are incredibly entertaining especially in the playoffs.
>>
>>67466422
more like pinball

>>67466567
>we pretty much just shitpost in our general.
Yeah no
And you people go full out /pol/ considering you also stated
>White northern states do
>>
>>67466656
"no"
>>
>>67466599
lots of inner city movements in the 70s boosted the popularity of basketball to specifically get kids off the streets from dangers like drugs and gangs

similar to what old new york had way back in the 20s and 30s for baseball basketball courts were being built in many parks across the states

I never understood why people call the NBA a giant when it is not as popular as people think

it peaked in the late 80s to mid 90s

jordan coming back was seen as a spectacle and was slowly revived with kobe's era but the rule changes , terrible commissioners and money involved turned basketball into some drama show like WWE

I finally understand why justin tuck and michael strahan both got addicted to hockey
>>
>>67465841
this tbqh
>>
>>67466656
as a lifelong hockey fan, playoff hockey is absolutely awful to watch. can't even imagine what potential new fans think of it
>>
>>67466672
Damn you sure showed me. I guess I lose this argument.
>>
>>67466623
What is enterraining in constant scoring?
>>
>>67466656
Don't you agree that hockey is too white? I mean, NY Times made this article about baseball which has a lot of hispanic athletes. Hockey is 98% white. It's 2016 ffs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/magazine/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-baseball.html?_r=0
>>
File: 1429821955794.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1429821955794.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>67466787
> CURRENT YEAR
> PORTUGAL
> WHITE
my sides
>>
>>67465763
because most of us didn't grow up in a frozen wasteland so its foreign to us
and like most other things that are foreign its shit
>>
>>67466528
>i do
fixed
you're in the minority
>>
>>67466599
because my friend and i can go to the park and play a game of 1 on 1 with a cheap basketball from target or big 5 or where ever
its easy to get into
a lot of towns and cities have leagues for kids
our jr high and high schools have teams

hockey? yeah not so much
>>
>>67467000
It's true. Basketball is basically the US povertyball.
>>
>>67467188
When I first came on /sp/ I actually thought poverty ball was referring to basketball lel
>>
>>67467000
Yeah I get this part. Hockey isn't a cheap sport to play. Its more so for the privileged.
>>
>>67465763
Niggers like basketball more.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.