[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else getting tired of the NFL? I remember how excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: nfl.png (88 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
nfl.png
88 KB, 1200x630
Is anyone else getting tired of the NFL?

I remember how excited I was when I was first getting into it, and how much fun I had watching the games. Even today I still like the sport of football, but the league itself is starting to piss me off.

For one thing, I'm beginning to get really bothered by the lack of parity. Every year it's the same few teams that make it to the last few rounds of the playoffs. It's the same few teams that make the playoffs too. The NBA has the Spurs, but overall there's a lot more churn of the teams that reach the postseason, and the teams that advance one they get there. But without fail it's the Packers, it's the Steelers, it's whatever team Brady is on. This is the fifth fucking time in a row that Brady is going to be in the AFC Championship Game.

Speaking of Brady, another thing I don't like is that the NFL seems to be encouraging me to be a faggoty sort of fan. So many fans these days root for players over teams, and the league seems to encourage this. They seem to want me to somehow root for Brady and Rodgers and Newton even when they're not on my favorite team. If they were, I would root for them, but since they're not I want them to fail, but that's not what the NFL seems to want me to think.

Combined with both of those, I really don't like the changes the Seahawks and the Panthers have ushered in regarding the playing style. I hate this huge focus on rushing the ball now, it was exciting at first but it's boring these days.

Overall I just find myself not watching any more, even now that it was just the playoffs. Anyone else feel similarly?
>>
Tl;dr
>>
File: 1423712305631.jpg (54 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1423712305631.jpg
54 KB, 392x500
>>67352026
>>
>>67352026
faggot
>>
>autistic nba babby feels the need to put down other sports
>>
>>67352026
>rushing not exciting
>>
>>67352026
>The NBA has the Spurs, but overall there's a lot more churn of the teams that reach the postseason, and the teams that advance one they get there. But without fail it's the Packers, it's the Steelers, it's whatever team Brady is on. This is the fifth fucking time in a row that Brady is going to be in the AFC Championship Game.
you really could've been subtler
>>
I spent an NFL offseason watching soccer and was starting to enjoy it. NFL came back and I was watching the first game of the season

>Commercial
>Coin Toss
>Commercial for special teams to take the field
>Kickoff
>Commercial for Offense/Defense to take the field
>First play is a coaches challenge
>Commercial while it was reviewed

I couldn't remember why I was so excited about it returning.
>>
>>67352026
When are you going to make one of these for the MLB, the NHL, and the MLS?
>>
I'm not tired of it per say but I really only watch my teams game on Sunday and than no other games since they pussified the league. It's just not entertaining to watch since all the rule changes.
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
Cant expext people to get pumped up for fairy prance eggtoss. The league has butchered the game by removing physicality. How can we be accepted to just provide a great atmosphere? Fuck that. Cut the puss shit out.

Now it's totally dominated by pussy dinks/dunks and fags with no fear prancing across the middle of the field, and the people who ACTUALLY get good realize they're better off just lobbing the ball up and waiting for the inevitable PI due to sneeze to "win" the game.
>>
>>67353675
He'll do it every day until people stop replying to the bait. He did one for the fucking WNBA and people bit on it hard.

I eagerly await the divegrass one and the amount of yuropoors which will bite.
>>
>>67352026
>I hate this huge focus on rushing the ball now, it was exciting at first but it's boring these days.
Found the casual
>>
>>67352026
You're fucking retarded. The focus for the last 10+years has been passing the ball.
>>
I can really only watch my team and maybe a team like the Pats when they play on mon/sun night. Football can get very boring if i watch too much of it.
>>
>>67352026
I hear what you're saying. I love my team and the game itself, but the surrounding culture that the league office and ESPN are pushing realy leave me cold.
Honestly, just mute the TV and put the local radio team on for games.
>>
fucking commercials and shady penalties

>inb4 redzone, I have it
>>
>ITT: a bunch of faggots failing for obvious bait

>>67352026
Nice pasta btw
>>
>>67352026
>Is anyone else getting tired of the NFL?

Goodell is taking away some of the fun from it, yes.

>another thing I don't like is that the NFL seems to be encouraging me to be a faggoty sort of fan. So many fans these days root for players over teams, and the league seems to encourage this. They seem to want me to somehow root for Brady and Rodgers and Newton even when they're not on my favorite team. If they were, I would root for them, but since they're not I want them to fail, but that's not what the NFL seems to want me to think.

Just look at the commercials with the families in different jerseys, the NFL is really trying to support the concept of bandwagon fans. I'm an inherited fan, 4 generations deep (Eagles) and the idea of anyone actually choosing an allegiance is absolutely disgusting to me. When and where I grew up it was part of my identity, kind of like my race even, something that started fights as much as it made friends and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I can't take my gun and go kill the scumbag Giants fans from 'Central Jersey' (only a North Jersey shithead would use that term, there are only two jerseys) or bitch ass faggot muh superbowls Cowboys fans I've had to deal with. Sports is a surrogate for the wars we can no longer have, and 90% of my interest in the NFL is waiting for the Eagles to finally fucking win a super bowl so I can at last have the modern-day equivalent of killing their babies and raping their women.

That's the NFL to me. Not fantasy football or any of the other non-team related bullshit they push- If I wanted to play a game I'd rather play videogames (not Madden, GOOD videogames.) I watch the NFL because I hate people.
>>
>they = NFL

>They seem to want me to somehow root for Brady and Rodgers and Newton

>They seem to want me to somehow root for Brady and Rodgers

>They seem to want me to somehow root for Brady

The NFL and ESPN put a smear campaign on Brady. Yet they somehow want you to root for him, according to you?

Yikes.

Instead of being annoyed with Brady, or the same teams in the final four/conference championships year after year, why not just respect the greatness?
>>
>>67360182
>it's a Canadian Pats bandwagoner post
>>
More like the NFLel am I right guys?

Go Packers
>>
>>67352026
NFL is basically a lifeless, corporate atmosphere with a football game going on. If you want to be part of something that's fun, root for your college team.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 320x180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y26N61s-7Q
>>
>>67352026
>I hate this huge focus on rushing the ball now
that's literally the most exciting part of the sport though, it's shit nowadays because of the huge focus on passing
>>
>lack of parity

Here are your Superbowl Match ups from the last ten years

>Colts vs. Bears
>Giants vs. Patriots
>Steelers vs. Cardinals
>Colts vs. Saints
>Steelers vs. Packers
>Giants vs. Patriots
>Ravens vs. 49ers
>Seahawks vs. Broncos
>Seahawks vs. Patriots
>Broncos vs. Panthers

How can you say there is no parity? Only the Giants have won twice in the past ten years.
>>
>>67360171
>butthurt Iggles fan acting like a tough guy.

Come to Jersey and get your ass kicked you white trash faggot
>>
>>67360386
>Jersey
who? oh is that our irrelevant neighbor state. haha omg i can't believe i forgot you existed.
How's the Trenton Lightnings doing?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.