[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sp/ , help me choose a BPL team to support. I watch Italian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: BPLEL.png (9 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
BPLEL.png
9 KB, 256x197
/sp/ , help me choose a BPL team to support. I watch Italian football mainly but I started watching some of the english football more in depth too. So , /sp/ , who should I go with? Can you give a brief description to every team or at least to the team you support ?
>>
Crystal Palace
>>
don't support
just enjoy the league as a neutral
>>
>>67312530

support man utd lad, you can get in at the ground floor and no one can accuse of bandwagoning, then when they inevitably win everything again you are right there to claim your refelcted glory
>>
Burnley
>>
>>67312530

I support Newcastle. My advice to you is do not support Newcastle.
>>
>>67312550
Oh , I kind of despise Utd , m8. They play shitty football.
>>67312558
Oh , yes...They got back into the BPL. Is their roster any good? Any star players ?
>>
>>67312530
Chelsea
>>
>>67312569

>Oh , I kind of despise Utd , m8. They play shitty football.

last 6-7 games we've seen some really good stuff (at last) and they have a really young fast exciting forward line, I think they will be a lot better next season
>>
>>67312567
Eh , I always liked underdogs, I enjoy watching Torino F.C a lot. Why shouldn't I go for Newcastle , ameribro?
>>67312570
Aren't they cunts? Except for yesterday when biased hazard delivered and I was really enjoying the football they played.
>>
Leicester - based underdogs, spent little to win the title, though with the other big teams most likely strengthening they could struggle to get in top 4. Depends if they can keep their most important players. Should be interesting to see how they do in the LC

Spurs - scored the most, conceded the least this season. Got some exciting prospects in Kane, Alli, Dier etc and will be in the CL next season.

Arsenal - bottle it every year unless Wenger goes. Might make some big signing this summer but still won't win the title and all they'll do is frustrate you. Don't be an /arse/ cunt m8

City - shite season but will get one of the best managers in the world next season, and will spend over £100m this summer to get back to the top. If you choose this lot you're a bandwagon plastic desu

Man Utd - pretty mediocre for the last 3 years, play boring football under LVG (and probably under mou next season too). Could be in the CL depending on how things go but seems unlikely, will be interesting to see what they'll spunk their money on in the summer. Support this lot and you're also a bandwagoner

West Ham - Bilic has got West Ham right to the top, team plays with power and energy and are pretty exciting to watch. Will have a brand new stadium next season and also have a chance of making the CL.

Southampton - if they can keep a hold of their best players instead of once again selling them off to other teams, they'll be a top 4 candidate.

Liverpool - have been transformed under Klopp but still have a lot of shite in the squad to shift, depending on how they do in the summer they're a real contender for top 4 next season.

Chelsea - been utter shit this season but made some ground up once Hiddink came in and the players decided to actually start playing. They'll have Conte next season with millions to spend, another top 4 contender imo but you're plastic for supporting them

Cba with the rest
>>
>>67312636
>shite season but will get one of the best managers in the world next season

meme
>>
>>67312585
So what if they are cunts?

Its objectively the best english club to support as an eastern yuro unless you wanna be full hipster like that leeds cunt
>>
>>67312636
What can you tell me about Everton?
>>67312647
That's not a rule, I may choose another team than Chelshit.
>>
>>67312662
>What can you tell me about Everton
Their host city is probably just as impoverished as Romania
>>
>>67312662
Everton have been very underwhelming this season, they'll most definitely sack their manager. Their attack is pretty good (though Lukaku has been off the boil recently, probably sick of the manager or wants to move) it's just their defending has been absolute shit. Martinez can't sort out a defence to save his life.
>>
>>67312662
Not him but they are your average mid table club, nothing too glorious or delirious but can pull off great wins every so often. Next season looks to be more of the same.
>>
Newcastle are a horrible team to support. Ups and downs, but mainly downs.

If we stay up this season we could be in for a golden era under Rafa Benitez though so they might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Prepare for days when you curse your choice to support them if you do.
>>
Arsenal becasue they will win it next year.

If not you can't always laugh at other teams bottling it and blame injury's, money, Stoke for your failings

You see, arsenal are not a small minded club and concentrate on their own success not others failures.
>>
>>67312676
Is Liverpool that bad?
>>67312678
What do they lack? Are the defenders shit or the manager? Or both?
>>67312682
Glorious wins like which one this season?
>>67312708
Some days , I considered supporting QPR. They got relegated and watched them play for a bit then stopped because I just forgot. Then I started watching mostly Newcastle and Everton. When Benitez arrived to Newcastle, I was really hoping for them to do well. So far , my option is Newcastle.
>>
>>67312744
>What do they lack? Are the defenders shit or the manager? Or both?
Probably more the managers fault, but they still need reinforcement in that area. Their previous manager, Moyes, had Everton's defence looking very good and consistently had Everton in the top 7. Under Martinez they finished 5th once then finished 11th and are now currently in 11th.

There are rumours that they'll get Pellegrini, Man City's current manager, which would be a very good signing if true.
>>
File: 86.jpg (44 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
44 KB, 327x367
>>67312567
come suffer with us
>>
>>67312767
Uh...Pellegrini at Everton looks exciting. I really want this summer to go by and see what happens in this transfer window.
>>
>>67312530
Choose West Ham. Exciting team, plays entertaining football, has some really likeable players and are prone to give you positive and surprising results against the big guys. And you probably won't be considered (that much of) a plastoc bandwagoner.
>>
come be a Southampton plastic with me mate

have followed them since 2012, it's pretty fun
>>
>>67312585

If, and it is a big IF Newcastle are able to stay up, here's the rub on them:

1.) Hey, we got Rafa Benitez! That's kind of cool! Not sure if he'll stay if they drop though.

2.) A fat, white, British owner who for the first time actually decided to open up his wallet. He's an asshole though and nothing seems to ever pan out. Players that do like to jump ship so Big Mike can line his pockets with the transfer fees.

3.) Sponsored by what is essentially a legal loan shark. (All the kits I own are when they were sponsored by Newcastle Brown Ale.)

4.) Some strange love affair with black, French pacebabbys and an inept striking core that seems to forget they're paid to use their feet.

5.) A defense as effective as the Maginot Line.

6.) Just when you think they might secure a point (or three?), they are always there to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I cannot tell you how many late goals they let up. It's unreal.

7.) Here in the US, everyone thinks I'm a referee.
>>
>>67312530
Chelsea lad, even in out worst season in ages we still have the final say on who wins the title.
>>
>>67312804
Pelle is still playing for you? How was the team this season? .
>>
>>67312744
6-2 vs sunderland

not a win but the 3-3 vs chelsea was bretty gud
>>
File: 1459900124666.png (802 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
1459900124666.png
802 KB, 800x764
>>67312811
>A defense as effective as the Maginot Line
>>
>>67312858
But sunderland isn't that good...I thought they won big against a better team. Nonetheless , that draw is pretty impressive.
>>
>>67312530
I support Swansea and things are okay for them right now. New manager has been pretty good and team has been playing better
>>
>>67312839
>Pelle is still playing for you?

yeah but probably his last season here
he's too prone to dry spells and bitch fits
pretty cool guy still though, wish him the best

>How was the team this season?
ups and downs. one really poor run of form saw >us flirt with relegation but >we became more defensively solid after that and just Long-balled our way to a couple of wins

a few really great games too, that comeback against Pool was wonderful
>>
>>67312886
Where is Pelle moving? Does he want to leave or the manager wants him out?
>>
>>67312530
>BPL
You're not welcome here.
>>
>>67312916
Why so , m9?
>>
>>67312906
he wants to stay, but he's getting older and there is a lot of depth at striker already, so it's reasonable to assume he's going if he wants playing time. probably Italy, could see Lazio take a punt on him
>>
>>67312870
Yeah I mean if you do choose to support Everton expect to see your wins over mid table and low league sides mostly
>>
>>67312932
It's not called the BPL it's called the Premier League. Take your plastic bollocks elsewhere pls.
>>
Okay , /sp/ now redpill me on Sunderland and Burnley ( The future Premier League team )

>>67312958
He fits Lazio's playstyle , but I'd like him to play at Torino up front with Belotti or Martinez.
>>
>>67313016
So edgy. Why such a butthurt cunt , m9?
>>
>>67313021
Sunderland only exist to escape relegation every season. They're pretty fucking dire.

Burnley could go straight back down but with Leicesters success, you never know. They've got a very British team which is pretty rare in the PL. 5 of their players aren't British, and one of those is Irish.
>>
>>67312530
>>67312873
Swans are pretty decent and since promotion in 2011 have slowly gotten better but had a terrible first half of the season this year and bottled things.

Guidolin has shown himself to be a good manager since taking charge playing possession football really.

No big name players apart from maybe Andre Ayew and Gylfi Sigurdsson. Jefferson Montero is pretty effective when used correctly. Be warned we have no good strikers ever since Bony left so they gotta get one during this next window or hope Paloschi turns out well
>>
>>67312548
This right here

Been watching the EPL as neutral and it's entertaining as fuck.
>>
Gardos plays for Southampton so maybe you want to support them for the Romanian bro.
>>
>help me choose a BPL team to support. I watch Italian football

Why do you want to stop watching patrician football and switch to topPleb shit?
>>
Reminder that anyone who does support a non local team is literally a cuck
>>
>>67313021
DO NOT support Burnley, the fucking cunts
most boring team in existence, worst kind of yoyo team
Sunderland are a former big club that now flirts with relegation every season, very boring to watch except for April-May when they scrap for safety

also, i don't think Pellè fits well with Toro play, they need fast strikers for counters
he doesn't fit in Serie A in general desu, but he found his place in English football, he's an Andy Carrol with better feet
i hope he stays at Soton
>>
>>67313021

Sunderland is a team which exists to fight relegation every year. They are a tough team to read since every now and again they'll play up to their opposition but then lay a complete egg the following week. They always get up for the derby against Newcastle though (fucking A.)

Burnley is a yo-yo Championship+ team. What I mean by that is they are too good for the Championship, but they are too shitty to stay up in the Premier League, so they just bounce back and forth every 2 years or so. Any player worthwhile during their premier league stay is sniped in the transfer window.
>>
>>67313066
watching both Serie A and PL is the best choice for a football fun
they're direct opposites, so you can enjoy all aspects of the game

>>67313078
>he's not a /lifelong/
>>
>>67313066
I'll never switch Italian for English but I want to watch BPL regularly and I want to choose a team.
>>67313078
M8 , my local team is the 4th Romanian division and our stadium has like ~50 seats. I don't even want to go think about this shit.
>>67313080
Do you support any Prem team?
>>
>>67313078
>he has a local team

lucky bastard
>>
If you want a project you could be a Villa fan.
Great old club, founding member of the football league, won titles and the European Cup.

Things are grim right now because we are owned by a clueless stingey cunt and got relegated. On the plus side the word is we are close to a sale and have literally no bandwagon credit at this point.
>>
>>67313078
The professional team in Norway that is closest to where I'm from is about 260 kilometers away.
>>
Now redpill me on Stoke , Watford and Bournemouth.
>>
>>67313327
Watford have some dece players like Deeney and Ighalo. Recently promoted after toiling in the Championship for a while. Look like they have a decent enough team to stay up for a while
>>
>>67313327
Stoke is essentially Everton in a different package, Bournemouth is the new Swansea/Southampton and Watford is Norwich.
>>
>>67313400
>Stoke is essentially Everton in a different package
Nah, they're 00's villa. the eve will forever be the eve, where the only thing that matters to them is doing better than LFC.
>>
>>67313400
Why is Watford , Norwich? The difference between those two seems huge.
>>
Chelsea. You are Chelsea material lad.
>>
>>67313493
Yeah, maybe you're right.
>>67313513
Small club, spends their time going up and down between PL and the championship, sometimes managing to stay up for a noticable period of time instead of going straight back down.
>>
>>67312546
this
>>
>>67313575
Why so , lad?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.