[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do AL managers do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 899.png (11 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
899.png
11 KB, 426x364
What do AL managers do?
>>
>baseball
>tactics
>strategy

pick 1
>>
>>67308372
guess i'll take strategy
>>
File: Civ2boxart[1].jpg (17 KB, 202x200) Image search: [Google]
Civ2boxart[1].jpg
17 KB, 202x200
>>67308402
Congratulations
>>
>>67308372
>implying "the shift" isn't the greatest sport tactic of the millenium
>>
they get thrown out of games
>>
>tfw my team is in the AL
>still oppose the DH

Do I stand alone?
>>
>>67308356
make sure the lineup filled up with offense, unlike natiolel "league"
>>
>>67308356
what would NL babby pitchers do without their 3 free strikeouts every game?
>>
Everything the Nigger League managers do but better.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 680x765
>>67308471
>ywn be paid to yell in an umpires face to stick up for your team in front of a crowd of 40,000 enthralled baseball fans

Why live? They are truly the only ones living the American Dream
>>
>>67308520
Why don't tells hire really good yellers and pretend that they are the coach, allowing the real coach to stay in the game? You could call him the designated yeller
>>
>>67308497
One spot in the lineup out of nine gets a hit half as often as a position player. A pitcher usually gets an at bat twice, at the most 3 three times because of pinch hitters

The "ease" of pitching in the superior National League truly is over dramatized by insecure American League fans, but I wouldn't expect a nuck to know baseball anyway
Hang in there champ, you'll understand one day :)
>>
>>67308483
no me too
helps that the DH on my team has been worse than dogshit for years
>>
>>67308542
The other coaches know the game well enough to fill in. The act of a manager going out there and arguing would lose its meaning if it was some random guy
>>
>>67308590
#solidarity
>>
>>67308601
>The act of a manager going out there and arguing would lose its meaning if it was some random guy

Not if he's good enough. Remember, his only job would be to bring the banter and pal around with the team.
>>
yea, AL is boring as fuck. and water's wet. good job op.
>>
nothing,

there are people who want the DH to be a thing. A fat fuck who cant field, comes up to the plate 3-4 times a game. Of those 4 times he gets on base once with a hit or maybe a walk each game. The other 2-3 times fat fuck strikes out and goes and sits on the bench doing nothing but eating seeds and drinking gatorade. Why is this allowed?
>>
>2011
>This is the year the NL adopts the DH
>2012
>Get ready NL, the DH is here
>2013
>The DH is coming to the NL soon
>2014
>The DH is here, like it or not
>2015
>Tough shit NL, here's the DH
>2016
>NL PLEASE ADOPT THE DH PLEASE
>>
>>67309207
it exists for the sole purpose of making you upset
>>
Make pitching changes, substitute pitch hitters/runners, or make defensive substitutions.

These things don't just disappear.
>>
File: 1447004336297.jpg (6 KB, 208x201) Image search: [Google]
1447004336297.jpg
6 KB, 208x201
>its a "the pitcher bats eighth" episode
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.