[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix soccer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
How do we fix soccer?
>>
A) We don't.

B) This is not an actual picture, it is a capture of a Fifa videogame. I don't know if it's because you've spend your whole life upside down and the blood rush to your head has impaired your vision, whether you have been huffing petrol all morning, whether you have drunk too many Castlemaine XXXX or if the only games console available to you are Atari 3000s, but this. is. not. real. Ffs.
>>
>>67193485
No its a real picture, i saw that game. Last soccer match i ever watched.
>>
>>67193485
It's only called XXXX
>>
File: uefa.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
uefa.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>67193447

it's already fixed
>>
>>67193485
please kiss me
>>
>>67193548
Bit weird
>>
a) We don't. Football is probably the most perfect sport in existence.

b) How do we get rid of the main problem associated with it i.e. diving? Easy. A review and tribunal system like they have in Australian sports.

Here's an example. In regards to diving, referees no longer have power to card players, BUT, if they believe a player has dived they will inform players they have been put "on report" To add to that all free kicks and penalties will subjected to a review panel post match.

If a player is deemed to have dived in regular play, leading to a free kick, then the player is suspended for 1 match.

If a player is deemed to have dived and a goal is directly scored as a result, the player is suspended for 3 matches.
>>
>>67193665
Its already happening

Plus the rule which gives a bigger sentence whether a goal is scored or not is retarded.
>diving is okay if you don't score

The sentence should be the same regardless of what happened afterwards
>>
>>67193447
The only thing to fix is penalty kicks in regular play.

All fouls in the box should turn into free kicks from the edge of the box area.

This should stop people from diving like retards and also help a lot against match fixing.
>>
>>67193665
Meant to say "all dubious free kicks and penalties" but you get my drift.

Still, better than all Amerifucks trying to get rid of the offside rule like they have any fucking clue how football works.
>>
It cant be fixed. Its pure homosexuality.
>>
>>67193665
this.

i really don't want to see a conspiracy in it, but i feel like the only justification an association can have for not introducing such measures is match fixing. having a video official, and thereby completely eliminating human error from key decisions in the match is a no-brainer.

you'll have cynics who object to it because it's time consuming, but so are post-goal celebrations/arguments with refs following a questionable decision. these timeframes are plenty for another official to review footage.
>>
All these Americans fell for a fucking FIFA video game picture

Top fucking kek
>>
>>67193707
>All fouls in the box should turn into free kicks from the edge of the box area.
Make it a direct freekick from the spot of the foul, where only the taker and goalie start in the box. Give a penalty if a foul occurs inside the 6 yard box.
>>
>>67193753
There was one American who replied to the picture. Quit sniffing the petrol you dumb abo.
>>
>>67193665
>A review and tribunal system
Not all situations are easy to call even on review like https://streamable.com/ghv0 where a lot of people were split
>>
>>67193447
MULTIBALL
>>
>>67193753
Literally nobody 'fell' for this picture, noone can. If anybody appeared to they are pretending to do so in order to enact a response from idiots. Case in point.
>>
>>67193485
>>67193753
>thinking anyone thought it was real

Wow
>>
>>67193854
I did
>>
>>67193692
>Its already happening
m8 it's been talked about for years but nothing has happened. And I believe a different punishment for different offences would be fair enough and would stamp it out 99% cases.

I wouldn't even be opposed to season-long or lifetime bans if the diving directly ended up in the winning of league titles/world cups etc.

I'm not for a second saying diving is okay, trust me, I'm from a country where 95% of people hate football (soccer), and their main justification is "I hate the diving and flailing around

Like I said, I love the sport, I legit think it is perfect, the only thing that holds it back worldwide (and particularly in my country) is the diving. And I don't see a problem with some kind of "dive review system" which evaluates a "dive" and hands out a punishment accordingly.
>>
>>67193447
1. Shorter field. Too much time spent standing around in the neutral zone.
2. Penalties must be dribbled in from mid-field. As it stands they are practically a free goal.
3. Embellishment results in immediate ejection.
4. Extra time is calculated live for all to see on scoreboard and TV. No making up some round number that sounds good after regulation has expired.
>>
>>67194020
>4. Extra time is calculated live for all to see on scoreboard and TV. No making up some round number that sounds good after regulation has expired.
If you're going that route its far simpler to just force them to stop the clock
>>
>>67194020
>1. Shorter field. Too much time spent standing around in the neutral zone.
less space = more boring football you fat sack of shit
>>
>>67193665
another problem is when they throw themselves on the ground like they've just been shot from the lightest of touches, everyone just thinks they're giant pussies but the commentators make no mention of it, weak cunts
>>
>>67193665
>a) We don't. Football is probably the most perfect sport in existence.
>>67193716
>Still, better than all Amerifucks trying to get rid of the offside rule like they have any fucking clue how football works.
>>67193753
>All these Americans fell for a fucking FIFA video game picture
Are all Australian soccer fans this autistic? I've been lucky enough to be shielded from them my whole life so I don't personally know
>>
>>67194085
Why would that be any simpler? Keeping extra time at the end enhances the continuity and flow of the game, lets just make sure it's accurate.

>>67194140
>less space=more boring
No. Boring is having 6 billion meters to walk around lazily without doing anything. A shorter field (even just a little shorter, like 5-10%) would force people to make a play sooner, thereby making the game a little faster and less boring.
>>
>>67193797
Funny you put that one up. I thought it was gonna be the one where he got the second yellow.

Player contact is always a problem, and makes each case debatable. For the system i'm suggesting though, that case would probably be a 2-3 game ban for Vardy (due to the fact a goal resulted)

His second yellow against West Ham was very debatable. Should've been waved away as a goal kick and probably no further punishment due to the fact their was a reasonable amount of contact.
>>
>>67194164
I love how you totally ignored this post:
>>67193986

Seriously dude, I love shitposting as much as the next Aussie but were having a serious conversation here desu senpai
>>
>>67194146
I know what you're saying, and I agree.

Copping some contact and going down easily is a problem that will take much longer to stamp out, but in the meantime, stamping out blatant diving with bans is a step in the right direction.
>>
1. Allow for managers/coaches of each team to dispute at least one call per half, like in handegg; they get an extra call for that half if the referee did make a mistake.

2. Get rid of arbitrary stoppage time. Let it be automatically calculated. Better still, pause a match whenever play is stopped, making for no ambiguity.
>>
>>67194317
>dispute something, like in handegg

It ain't fucking handegg faggot stop trying to Americanise this shit

>Hurr durr next Ill suggest no more offsides.
>>
>>67194355
I know handegg is far from the only sport to do this but it was the first example I thought of 2bh.
>>
>>67194020
>Penalties must be dribbled in from mid-field.
They tried that in the early days of MLS

It was retarded.
>>
>>67194257
>I love how you totally ignored this post
I had enough examples by then
>Seriously dude, I love shitposting as much as the next Aussie but were having a serious conversation here desu senpai

I know I'll probably never get an answer to why even day-to-day anglo-australian iEl Futbol! fans are so obsessive and cultish but it's always worth a shot.
>>
>>67194355
>stop trying to Americanise this shit
Why not? Considering they easily have the most robust and successful sporting scene in the world, I don't see why Americanisation would be unilaterally bad.
>>
>>67194402
American sports all feel very fake like I'm watching a tv show
>>
>>67194317
>>67194402
Video review/challengrs are cancer. Completely disrupts the flow of the game, cheapens many valid goals, and agonizingly boring while you sit there watching 47 different shots of the same stupid play.

I'd rather see a human mistake 1% of the time than deal with constant video reviews in every big play of every game. You would be wise to avoid this shit.
>>
wow, how many irrelevant flags on this thread
>>
>>67194969
>Completely disrupts the flow of the game
That's already disrupted by the players complaining any time there's a contentious decision anyway. Might as well check who's right, while they're arguing with the referee.
>>
File: yuropean football.gif (806 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
yuropean football.gif
806 KB, 260x146
How can yuros stand to watch a game where stuff like this happens in an actual match on a regular basis?
>>
>>67197494
You clearly havent watched a sport that has replay. It's fucking nonsense.

Players argue with a ref for 15-20 seconds before the ref tells them to fuck off and then starts the game up again. Replays take 5+minutes sometimes.

Trust me, it isnt worth it. It's a fucking game anyways, who cares if there are a few mistakes now and then. No reason to clutter the game with technology and obsessive autism.
>>
>>67197557
>Replays take 5+minutes sometimes.
They wouldn't in football. The most you have to check is offside yes or no, or whether there's a foul in the immediate buildup.
>>
> eliminate flopping

Fuck that! Why eliminate the only entertaining part of the sport?

I say, make flopping a part of football. A great flop earns a "pink" card.

Collect 3 pink cards and get a free corner kick!

voila!

football = 10000x better!
>>
>>67197472
This is the only guy from an actual football nation ITT

Why do people who don't care about "soccer" keep talking about it? There is nothing to be fixed, it's already the most popular and successful sport in the world
>>
>>67193447
is this pic real?
>>
File: livergays.jpg (174 KB, 982x699) Image search: [Google]
livergays.jpg
174 KB, 982x699
>>67193485
>>
>>67197654

As real as the moon landing.
>>
>>67197654
yeah
>>
>>67197632
>I say, make flopping a part of football. A great flop earns a "pink" card.
>Collect 3 pink cards and get a free corner kick!

+1
>>
>>67193558
That's not a no
>>
>>67193447
Make the ball smaller and harder. The goals way smaller, you can use your hands to throw it, and the goalie gets a flat bat.
>>
no offsides

build walls on the touch lines so there are no out of bounds or stoppages of play, just cool bounces and creative wall play

keeper's gloves replaced with jai alai scoops
>>
File: 1442591075960.jpg (20 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
1442591075960.jpg
20 KB, 400x269
>>67197667
>>
>>67197667
Just like the OP, its just a picture from the FIFA bideo gayme lads.
>>
>>67197909

0-0 draws result in 0 points for both teams
>>
>>67198170
great suggestion honestly
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.