[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm from Chicago. They're going to lose g7 right? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 20932351.jpg (458 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
20932351.jpg
458 KB, 1365x1024
I'm from Chicago. They're going to lose g7 right? I'm so fucking tired of the annual wave of fair weather fans that clog the streets and bars during the playoffs. Literally 10% of them are actually watching the game at any given point in time. I don't even care about hockey but still pay more attention to the game when I actually sit down and watch them then neckbeard #442 sporting a toews jersey or stacy #921 "repping" kane.

do other cities have this problem with hockey?
>>
File: 1442937554393.jpg (9 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1442937554393.jpg
9 KB, 255x247
no you guys will win trust me

t. wongs fan, have mercy
>>
>>67057790
god damnit. I feel like people from other cities don't hate the hawks enough. If real hockey fans came here and witnessed how awful the fanbase is they'd be disgusted.

they don't deserve to win and we don't deserve to have a hockey dynasty.
>>
>>67058145
I like the Hawks, and I lived in Chicago during 09-10 season
>>
The Islanders have a bunch of hipster fans now
>>
>>67057695
shut up you false flagging assmad blose fan faggot

kill yourself
>>
File: Hawks Bandwagoners.jpg (883 KB, 1569x1006) Image search: [Google]
Hawks Bandwagoners.jpg
883 KB, 1569x1006
>>67058145

Honestly when I hear most Chicago fans I just kind of look at them like the bandwagon faggots they are and just laugh.
>>
>>67057695

It sounds like you have aspergers tbqhwyf
>>
File: Dallas Sturrs.jpg (81 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
Dallas Sturrs.jpg
81 KB, 450x577
>>67057695

I hate the people that wear pic related

It's an aberration
>>
For an original six team in the city with the third largest population in the United States, their attendance sure was fucking awful until 2010. Truly a garbage fanbase. Fuck the Hawks.
>>
It's funny the Hawks aren't even that big in the city but the suburban fans are die hard
>>
>implying the Blose can finish anyone

This team is the definition of a fucking loser and they can't beat anyone when it counts. Hawks will lose next round I guess, but they sure as fuck won't lose to the god damned blues.
>>
>>67060578
>grow up in st louis

It hurts to think about. What the hell is wrong with this franchise?
>>
as a kid I honestly did not know the hawks existed. I thought the wolves were chicago's only hockey team
>>
>>67060352
>>
>>67060643

Which just goes to prove that Chicago will bandwagon on them when they are a top team, despite the muh bad owner bullshit hawks fans try to pull.

In a few years when the Hawks are back to bottom feeders it's going to happen again.
>>
>>67060619
I don't fucking know dude. This is the only fucking team who could ruin Wayne Gretzky.
>>
I live in Chicago, and although the bars are packed full of "die hard" Hawks fans during the playoffs and you do see "Blackhawks Official Bars" and shit like that, I feel like the real Chicago teams are the Bulls, Sox and Bears.

Cubs and Blackhawks feel very suburban
>>
>>67060675

Why are you so upset about a team's attendance numbers? It seems like a strange thing to be concerned about.
>>
>>67060694

The topic is about fair weather and bandwagon Hawk fans, it's relevant you triggered pussy.
>>
File: KANE TRAIN.jpg (78 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
KANE TRAIN.jpg
78 KB, 900x600
>>67060675
you seem a little asspained, anon

hope you recover from all this trauma the hawks have caused you
>>
>>67060675
To be fair the attendance records are skewed. The original owner was a shit who's broadcasting rights basically blocked most people from watching the games. After he left, they started making it easier to watch and picked up a couple of stars and thats when people started watching.
>>
>>67061543
>On October 22, 2007, Wirtz announced that the team was in negotiations with Comcast SportsNet Chicago (of which he is part-owner) to begin televising home games. This was another break from Bill Wirtz's management of the Blackhawks, where games were previously unavailable on television unless they were nationally televised which only happened in the playoffs
This being an example
>>
>>67061572
Also if you look at attendance, it's actually the 2007-08 season that had a huge jump, before the 2008-09 season that really took off.
>>
>>67060687
Hockey is a white sport, and the cubs are the drunk goofy white guy team.
The Bears and Bulls are Chicago's team in general, and the Sox are just the South Side's team. The Cubs have always been Chicago's team, but most urban folks like Basketball and Football so they are largely not paid attention too. It's also why the white sox only had high attendance during their WS winning season.
>>
>>67057695
Hawks are safe. Blues are massive choke artists
>>
File: 1460046846486.jpg (13 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1460046846486.jpg
13 KB, 450x253
>>67060718
You mean all the rape PK has done?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.