[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into tennis? I don't want to play professionally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: tenni.jpg (13 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
tenni.jpg
13 KB, 275x184
How do I get into tennis?

I don't want to play professionally, just as a exercise thing. Seems like most people who play it were introduced to it in their teens.
>>
>>67042894
local tennis courts will have newfag sessions
>>
>>67042894
6 months to learn how to even hit a ball properly
>>
>>67042894
find friends that don't mind being shitty at tennis
find empty tennis courts
just fuck around

im guessing youre too old to learn to actually play properly. it takes years to become even 'okay' at tennis. and months just to learn to play properly enough to where people dont mind playing in a court besides you
>>
If you can't find a partner, find a wall to hit the ball against. Some public courts I play on have one or two that have boards hanging on the fences just for this reason.
>>
>>67042894
Buy racquet
Buy balls
Play
>>
Unless you're a pro tennis is for middle aged women
>>
File: 1415544455062.jpg (67 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1415544455062.jpg
67 KB, 400x600
>>67042894
find someone to play with and go play faggot.

i love to play tennis, I stomp everyone I play too. feels gud. I started in my early teens, and plan to play as long as my body lets me.
>>
>>67050711
? It's a fun sport
>>
get classes
really
your dream racquet can wait
put that money into classes. consistency with all the shots and efficient movement around the court is key, and hard enough to achieve
>>
>>67042894

There are easier ways to exercise. Unless you are practicing with a qt, you might as well find something easier.
>>
>>67059117
It's partly a social thing. I grew up in a place with no court, and it just occurred to me that I had been shut out of this sport, even if I didn't know it at the time.

The only options were team sports, and those didn't suit me. Missed opportunities. It's got real elegance to it.
>>
>>67048165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOs6jlUd01Y
>>
first of all you have to be rich, training is very expensive
if you're poor, find 2-3 friends who are also keen to learn and find a coach. some are like 20€/h here in Germany. 20/4 = 5€ for each session, that's nothing
>>
File: 1453789631562.jpg (66 KB, 599x461) Image search: [Google]
1453789631562.jpg
66 KB, 599x461
>tfw started 6 months ago
i love it so much fun
>>
>>67042894
>find a wall

>watch youtubevideos for proper simple technique

>try to hit at the wall with your learned technique

>find a newfag friend and together learn by hitting back and forth in a none competitive way

>have a few coaching session were some guy makes sure you´re hitting logically

>play for 10 hours or so

Gongrats you can now play tennis
>>
>>67042894
Well familia it's hard to learn but you can do it
You need..
-equipment, a wall, a court, rivals..
-proper technique
---the stances
---the effects
strategy
---cross court it's safer
---find rival flaws
---try to hit always with your fh
---It's a probability game
Try to practice with a mirror or recording your moves
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.