[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Martinez had any self respect he would resign now. If the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: spanish mike walker.jpg (20 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
spanish mike walker.jpg
20 KB, 620x349
If Martinez had any self respect he would resign now.

If the Everton board had any common sense they would sack him now.

Whether Everton were unlucky today (debatable that they were), a good second half performance in FA Cup Semi final does not make up for two years of disappointment, underachievement and poor performance.

Everton once again lost out to a late goal. Not good enough,
>>
I agree. The fact he has maintained his job this long is shocking. We had a chance at the champion's league with him, but those days are long gone and the club is degrading.
>>
>>67039706

At no other club in the premier league would he have stayed in his job. Kenwright accepts and encourages mediocrity, as ambition costs money and Kenwright can't/won't spend any.

The best news for the 32,000 Evertonians on their way back is that Martniez is gone. He's clung on to the FA Cup this season as being a reason that things aren't as bad as they seem. But they are actually worse.

Remember Wednesday? Fucking hell.
>>
>>67039648
>unlucky today (debatable that they were)
Is it really debatable? I don't even support Everton and I feel sorry for them
>>
>>67039868
Im an Everton fan. We should have been long out of it before the team decided to show up. Also Man Utd should have been 2-0 up or had a pen and a red. We were lucky to be in it at the point we were and lost to a straw that broke the camels back.
>>
>>67039648
Le mental midget cost Martinez his job
>>
>>67039868

Everton were poor in first half. Given a debatable penalty, jagielka handled on the line, and Manchester United scored an own goal.

Everton had a lot of luck go their way and still couldn't win.

They haven't won a game of football since beating Chelsea in the quarter final.
>>
>>67039648
>dat filename
>>
>>67039914
>Man Utd should have been 2-0 up
Everton had the first two chances that should/could have been goals. What are you talking about?

>>67039958
>debatable penalty
No, absolutely not
>Jagielka handled
Fair enough, but the keeper did actually have it covered
>own goal
It's not like it wasn't deserved and Lukaku was right behind Smalling ready to tap in
>They haven't won a game of football since beating Chelsea in the quarter final
No one's questioning that they've been shit, but they actually looked up for the cup
>>
>t. >Moyes
>>
>>67040104

so you reckon Martinez should stay?
>>
>>67040211
I don't support them, so don't care that much, but it sounds like he should have gone a while ago
>>
worst home record in Everton's history

so, since 1878, no everton team has done worse at goodison park in a seaon

not a single one

get rid of him
>>
>>67040283
Everton played at Anfield till 1892
>>
>>67041123

haha forgot about that

doesn't make the sentence "so, since 1878, no everton team has done worse at goodison park in a season" factually incorrect though
>>
>>67039648
Question, who do you think would take over from Martinez and will next season be a case of throw enough shit (cash) till somethin sticks?
>>
>>67041435
Sampaoli
>>
who missed the penalty?
>>
>>67039845
sounds like arsenal desu
>>
>>67041435

I honestly don't know if Martinez will go, it depends on how much power Kenwright has. He made those stupid "what a manager" comments after the Chelsea game, and seems to really believe in Roberto.

This is despite the fact that I reckon at least 80% but probably 90% of fans want rid.

In terms of replacement, any of these would suit me:

Marcelo Bielsa - a risk, a gamble as he's a loon, but fucking hell he'd have Everton playing good football.

Koeman would be fantastic, knows the league and has a well organised Southampton side which was decimated with player sales. I think though, his ambitions would be higher than Everton

Pellegrini as well. Proven track record, City have somewhat underperformed this season, but he had done so well in previous years/clubs and got them to CL semi.

Everton need to be ambitious. It is no good getting Eddie Howe or getting Moyes back. Need a big name manager to try and keep big players and attract bigger players.

Whole premier league is going to be awash with money, and whether Everton fans like it or not, we are now competing with the likes of Stoke, Watford and Palace after the fucking disgrace of this season. A big name manager will give the whole place a lift.
>>
>>67041636
pookaku
>>
>>67041778
I don't get people who want Moyes back. He was consistent, sure, but there was no progress. I'd take almost anyone over Martinez tho
>>
>>67041778
if they get big bird pelligrini it would be a real coup for them, people really underestimate him. he brought Villarreal up to compete with the big boys about 10 years ago, was unlucky to get sacked at madrid after getting them a record points tally (90 odd) and coming 2nd in the league, got villarreal to the cl semis, got malaga to within 2 minutes of the cl final, and got massively refballed in those 2 minutes, and has steadied the ship at a city team that was full of primadonnas and people whining/not working hard. he's not been the greatest ever at city but won them 2 (or maybe 1 i'm not sure) titles, a few cups and got them to the cl semis. he's pretty fucking GOAT and not a shit stirrer
>>
>>67041778
I think its hard to call, I keep thinking of Everton without the money so thats why I think Pellegrini wouldn't go to you lot.

However with the new war chest being
mentioned I think its Evertons right to splash the cash.
>>
Sack Martinez now. Have Joe Royal with David Unsworth for the rest of the season. Instead of players who are out in the summer such as Howard, Pieenar, Hibbert, Gibson etc in the squad, get Unsworth to pick some of the (very impressive) kids. Regardless of performances, the fans will be back on side.

Then get a big name manager in.

>>67042524

agree

>>67042529

agree, I just don't think he'd come to Everton though. All going to depend on how much new investor wants to throw around.
>>
>>67041778
>Koeman leaving Soton for Everton

Literally a step down, there is no reason to leave. If he's going anywhere its Spurs after Pochettino is picked up by Real Madrid.
>>
>>67042935

exactly what i said

"I think though, his ambitions would be higher than Everton"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.