[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's face it /sp/. Cycling didn't have a few doppers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Lance Armstrong.jpg (170 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
Lance Armstrong.jpg
170 KB, 1240x775
Let's face it /sp/. Cycling didn't have a few doppers like some other sports may have had, it was chock full of doppers from top to bottom. The ratio of doppers in cycling was probably worse than any other sport.

Knowing this, isn't it an accomplishment for Armstrong to still have won 7 tours in a row? And isn't he being used as a scapegoat for the whole charade during that era when everyone else was also dopping but none of them were being focused on nearly as closely? Basically victim of his own success.

How was anyone supposed to compete in an environment like that without dopping? They must have felt lots of pressure to do it to survive in that field.
>>
Armstrong is a god and only ESPNbabbies think differently.

Dude had done a fucking worldly accomplishment and was the best at it, and livestrong has done a shit load of good. Dude was a hero.

Inb4 b-but my mean phone call :(
>>
What the fuck is dopping
>>
>>66940140
>he doesn't dopp
>>
who cares, he threw friends under the bus to shift blame when investigations were happening. what a douche
>>
>>66940140
if you read that entire thing and still didnt get it you dont deserve to know.
>>
>>66940165
Don't pretend you'd be a bigger man than Lance Armstrong
>>
>>66940115
from an evolutionary standpoint i think dopping should be used regularly. imagine humanity in a few hundred years when we're taking these things like candy.
>>
>>66940175
Don't pretend he's a paragon of virtue. It is really easy to be a better person than he is.
>>
>>66940182
>imagine humanity in 100 years where everyone takes oxygenated blood transfusions

Do you even know what doping is or does?
>>
>>66940191
yet another narrow minded small picture person.
>>
>>66940207
So that's a no.
>>
>>66940211
thats a "obviously that guy is joking and he's just baiting you at this point" anon.
>>
>>66940219
More like "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>66940239
>>66940239
everyone knows that shit will fuck you up. what i was talking about is how in hundreds of years when humanity has become utterly fucked over by the side effects the world will be. what we'll be like.
>>
File: 1460763646325.png (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460763646325.png
11 KB, 300x300
>>
>>66940115
i love me some bait in the morning.

there isnt a single professional athlete that doesnt dope. in fact you have a list of allowed and prohibited substances, that on its own is a joke. essentially the organizations themselves accept that its impossible for humans to achieve those levels of performance without chemical support.

then you have the journalists who treat them like gods, coming up with mythological stories about how they work so hard, harder than anybody else, how they are blessed with superlungs and superstrength.

its all very pointless and once i found out the shit they take to perform and how many of them are also junkies just to cope -pantani- i lost all interest in this "sport" .
>>
>>66940115

Armstrong was a beast, but he was also a juicer. Those two are hardly exclusive.
>>
>>66940304
>there isnt a single professional athlete that doesnt dope.

Lol.

What is it with your hilariously hyperbolic and obviously bullshit claims?
>>
>>66940485

im a medical professional that works 99% with professional athletes krautfag.

but you re right, its not just the professionals, amateurs dope like crazy too
>>
Armstrong won because he had the best fucken dealer. Shame on everyone else for not having the mad hookups.
>>
>>66940947
\yeah that italian mad scientist Dr Ferrari. A genius at doping
>>
>>66940304
>about how they work so hard, harder than anybody else, how they are blessed with superlungs and superstrength.
They still do and are though. Doping doesn't magically make you a super athlete, it just improves what you already have. Even without doping athletes would be head and shoulders above the average person.
>>
>>66941062
ok i get that.

but if it wasnt for the drugs they wouldnt be able to tackle 8 hour long etaps through the mountains at those speeds and frequencies.

come on, what are we talkin about those fags figured out how to put "invisible" electrical motors in their bikes to win...gimme a break
>>
>>66940115
It was impressive as fuck. It's a combination of good cheating practices and talent. The MLB and NFL are no different.
>>
>>66941102

he was the perfect story that media and others could milk to the max: cancer survivor stronk

obviously everybody in the circus knew and was kept a secret. i dont know why they decide to throw him to the dogs like that, he must have pissed someone badly
>>
>>66941123
It's because bitter people from his past started talking and everyone dropped him as soon as it was becoming public.
>>
Tbh I was sad when I found out he was a DUDE WEED-er. Made me rethink my whole perspective on drugs
>>
>>66944790
maybe he was an asshole to everybody, thats what made them bitter
>>
Well clearly he was doing it on whole another level, and his lack of balls is proof of that
>>
>>66940166
Did you get it? Do you actually know what doping is?
>>
>>66946280
Or maybe they were jealous that he was getting all the fame, glory, money and sponsors, and they were not.
>>
>>66940140
He took blood that was enriched with red blood cells or some shit, put it in a bag, froze it, then when the race began, injected that blood back into him so he could start out at his absolute optimum.
>>
>>66940182
I am pretty sure you're trolling but just a reminder to the fools out there that this is not how evolution works.
>>
>lance isn't a 7-time tour winner
>paterno isn't the winningest coach in football
>w-we stripped them of their wins
>even though they won

History is still history, you don't get to change it with the stroke of a pen after the fact
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.