[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm completely new to /sp/ and sports in general, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I'm completely new to /sp/ and sports in general, but I listen to a lot of Bill Burr podcasts and noticed how he talks about Kobe and about how he's considered a cancer in the locker room.

I've also watched the Nike commercial where the fans sing that they hate Kobe.

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with Kobe?
>>
>2016
>still listening to Bill Burr

He stopped being "funny" somewhere around 2011, anon

Time for an update
>>
>>66923060
I don't give a fuck. I could crave his ginger dick inside my ass, it doesn't matter. This is about Kobe.
>>
Kobe's an arch-typical alpha male personality to the extreme

He has a huge ego and in his prime he thought he had to take control of games because he couldn't trust any of his teammates.
>>
>>66923028
He lives and breathes basketball. Basketball is all that matters to him and he will do anything to win. When he has teammates that don't share his competitive drive or love for the game, he will call them out. Many take issue with that but really he's not wrong. The point of the game is to win and if you're not willing to do everything you can to help the team win, either that being staying an extra hour working on your shot or playing through pain, why shouldn't you be called out?
>>
Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>66923102
He was right
>>
>>66923028
Look at that Messi hate thread. Kobe won everything and everyone who is not a Lakers fan is jelly as fuck.
>>
>>66923102
Pretty much this, OP.

He's autistic about winning and the work winning requires, so if he feels like anyone is slacking he loses his shit. This causes his teammates that are mental midgets to resent him.

He's won 5 championships though, so you can't really knock his attitude.
>>
>>66923028
>he's considered a cancer in the locker room.

Not true at all. Fisher, Ariza, Fox, Shaw, Gasol, Odom, MWP all love Kobe and others kinda like him. The only one to really hate him is Smush Parker and maybe Kwame Brown. And he is old school where you can't be a leader and best friend to everyone. Jordan was bullying Pippen and Kukoc the whole time, being asshole to them. And they worked harder because of it and helped him win rings. Phil Jackson was insulting Tyron Lue to motivate him to guard Iverson and mocked Kukoc for him to improve his English. Winning is all that matters.
>>
>>66923060
Unfortunately this. Nia is more cancer to the podcast than Kobe is in the locker room
>>
>2016
>not listening to I Am Rapaport
Shiggy diggy
>>
>>66923692
>yoyo, word, hey maine what's up yo fo sho

I feel like I need to cleanse my brain of this shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.