[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>le I'm rated the best player of all time, by people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16
File: pele[1].jpg (238 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
pele[1].jpg
238 KB, 600x483
>le I'm rated the best player of all time, by people who didn't even see me play, because I said I scored over a 1000 including street games
>>
Everyone knows the "Pele = GOAT" thing is fabricated by FIFA because the previously accepted GOAT at the time turned out to be a hooker-fucking drug addict. Can't market that.
>>
File: messi messi messi.jpg (67 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
messi messi messi.jpg
67 KB, 522x800
the real goat
>>
best player of all time my arse

i've NEVER seen him on a football pitch
>>
>>66916597
pretty gay, mate
>>
>>66916577
who are you referring to?
>>
>>66916577
As opposed to a roiding, autistic, tax evading, mega manlet?
>>
>>66916613
Rivaldo.
>>
>>66916562
>>66916577

Here are some quotes by people who either saw him play, or played with/against him:

“The greatest player in history was Di Stefano. I refuse to classify Pele as a player. He was above that.” - Ferenc Puskas

“When I saw Pele play, it made me feel I should hang up my boots.” - Just Fontaine

“Pele was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic.” - Johan Cruyff

“I sometimes feel as though football was invented for this magical player.” - Sir Bobby Charlton

Malcolm Allison: “How do you spell Pele?”
Pat Crerand: “Easy: G-O-D.” - British television commentators during Mexico 1970

I don't know if Pele is GOAT or not as I'm not qualified to judge. I'll tell you this though: all those quotes aren't some kind of conspiracy to fool 4chan's /sp/ board.
>>
>>66916663
thanks
>>
>>66916665
Holy shit
So its not a meme.
>>
>>66916665
"Pele is a smelly nigger" - Leo Messi
>>
File: diego armando.jpg (83 KB, 800x615) Image search: [Google]
diego armando.jpg
83 KB, 800x615
>>66916613
this argie

>>66916624
That is not how Messi is marketed though. And the tax shit is a recent development. Here's Blatter pretty much summing it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTmz9rFFj0
>>
>>66916665
>all these quotes from literally whos
kek. am i supposed to believe them?
>>
>I scored over 1000 goals against sailors and farmers
>I'm the GOAT
>>
>>66916665
You can find quotes like that for every great player. And that's who Pele was, a great player, an all-time great even, but he wasn't really in this "greatest of all time" conversation before the scandals around Maradona came rolling around.
Because the thing, Maradona was a much bigger draw for football than anyone else, with all the Hand of God business and his flamboyant personality, he'd attract fans (namely americans) much better than Pele, but then all his skeletons came out of the closet.
>>
>>66916597
Who knows about your secret?
>>
>>66916562
I saw the movie "Victory" and the guy had more athleticism in those scenes than the entire MLS today, and most of the Premiere League too.

He's the fucking Gretzky of soccer, bite your troll tongue.
>>
>>66916751
That was a good movie
>>
>>66916613

I always thought it was Maradona, but the "hooker-fucking" sounds like someone else
>>
>>66916787
>he doesn't know maradona likes to fuck tranny hookers
>>
>>66916741
What are you talking about? Pele brought soccer to America with the cosmos.
>>
>>66916807
So? Donovan brought soccer to the world.
>>
>>66916741
>he'd attract fans (namely americans) much better than Pele
That's bullshit. Pele was the fucking face of soccer in the US.
>>
>>66916711

>"pele quotes are shit"
>"scholes is the best guys! Check out these quotes"

""""""""""Great"""""""""""Britain
>>
>>66916685

Quotes don't mean much.

"Is [Steven Gerrard] the best in the world? He might not get the attention of [Lionel] Messi and Ronaldo but, yes, I think he just might be,"-Zinedine Zidane, 2009
>>
>>66916741
>but he wasn't really in this "greatest of all time" conversation before the scandals around Maradona came rolling around.

He was crowned GOAT before Maradona you child.
>>
>>66916807
Exactly.
What a coincidence, the guy that went to the US to make football popular there suddenly gets hyped up to be the best of all time.

Boy I can absolutely not see any sort of marketing strategy behind this.
>>
>>66916711
I got them here

http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/news/y=2010/m=10/news=what-they-said-about-pele-1321917.html
>>
>>66916838
Because nobody else as good was around before Maradona.
>>
>>66916841
He was in the twilight of his career, the first to start that MLS retirement league MEME and that was in the 70s before Maradona made a name for himself.
>>
>>66916838

Was he? The "FIFA Player of the Century" Award had Maradona and Pele as joint winners (Maradona won the internet poll, Pele was voted in by FIFA officials). And it's no secret that Pele is marketed a lot more than Maradona, partially because he does a better job of promoting himself but mainly because he wasn't addicted to cocaine and as far as we know didn't cheat
>>
>>66916861
this fucking guy
>>
>>66916858
>"fifa" dot com
come on m8
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 445x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 445x328
>>66916798
>confusing maradona and Ronaldo
>>
>>66916610
>any soccer player
>straight
>>
>>66916835
When your colleagues repeatedly call you the GOAT, I think it means something.
>>
>>66916905
I bet he also claims to be "German"
>>
>>66916798

I knew about the cocaine, the cheating, the overeating, and the domestic abuse, but I never heard anything about him fucking tranny hookers. You sure you're not thinking of Fat Ronaldo?
>>
>>66916876
It's the truth, the backpeddling pretty much confirms it.
>Pele being the best of his era is called GOAT
>Maradona makes a name for himself, everyone agrees he's the actual GOAT
>Maradona turns out to be a fucking lunatic and terrible face for the sport
>everyone suddenly decides that Pele was the GOAT afterall

It's obviously political.
>>
>>66916896
So you think that FIFA would make up quotes by some of the most famous names in the sport AND put them up on their website for all to see, just to keep pushing the Pele "meme"? Is that really what you think??
>>
>>66916916
>Diego Maradona

“The greatest player ever. I played with him when he burst onto the international scene as a teenager but we’d all heard about him long before that. Phenomenally talented; just training with him was a joy.” — Ricky Villa

“Technically, he was the most perfect player in the history of football.” — Jorge Valdano

“The best of the lot, no question"-Zico

“Some say Pele was the greatest player of all time, but not me. Maradona will always be the greatest."-Cantona

“He’s definitely the best player there’s ever been in my eyes."-Rooney

"“The best player there has ever been"-Gullit

You can find similar quotes about Messi, and probably about both Ronaldos.
>>
>>66916597
Literally who
>>
>>66916873
I said he was known as the GOAT before Maradona came around. There has always been a big debate after Maradona.
>>
>>66916960
Point is you can make any great player look much better than he was by using quotes like that because it's all a one big circle jerk with everyone showering praise on everyone.

How many times have you actually seen a player/coach say something like "I don't think player x was as good as people say"?
>>
>>66916975
My point of posting the Pele quotes wasn't to claim he was definitely the GOAT (if you actually read my post you'd see that), but to educate these kids who somehow think Pele was just some glorified street-baller. Maradona may be better, Messi may be better, IDK. But Pele belongs in the conversation, and anyone who doesn't think so clearly doesn't know shit.
>>
>>66916665
So? There has been 50 years of football since those quotes were made. Teams don't play 2-1-7 anympre (Well, Poop probably does) and it's impossible to keep up if you smoke 40 a day and drink heavily like some players did back then.
>>
>>66917029
Having quotes like that doesn't mean you should be in the GOAT conversation.
You can get quotes like that for Scholes or Gerrard or any random fucker really.
>>
>>66917046
No, you fucking can't. Show me the Scholes or Gerrard quotes where they are called the greatest ever or their skills "defy logic"
>>
People think think hes the GOAT because of the 3 world cups.
>>
>>66917072
“My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.” Zinedine Zidane
“I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is.” Edgar Davids
“Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.” Pep Guardiola
“I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player.” Laurent Blanc
“I have no hesitation in putting a name to the embodiment of all that I think is best about football. It’s Paul Scholes. Players like Denis Law and George Best who I enjoyed so much as team-mates and now, finally, players I have watched closely in the Alex Ferguson era. And in so many ways Scholes is my favourite.” Sir Bobby Charlton
“In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.” Xavi
“I wouldn’t swap Paul Scholes for anybody. He is quite simply the most complete footballer I have ever played with. He is the best.” Gary Neville
“There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere in the world.” Glenn Hoddle
“Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team.” Marcello Lippi
“He’s always in the right position, always seems to be at the end of the box when the ball drops in. The complete midfielder – when he’s fit, he’s the best. Some go missing but he’s in the right place at the right time. He’s my favourite player of all-time, unbelievable. If you give him a chance it’s a goal, isn’t it?” Micah Richards
>>
>>66917142
none of those say hes the best at anything.
>>
>>66917187
I think being called "the embodiment of all that is best about football" is exactly that.
>>
>>66917142
You do realize most of those quotes are actually fake, made-up by ManU fans and circulated only in bongland's tabloid media?

If you look for the source you'll only find questionable fan-websites and tabloids, almost never an actual interview, video or credible declaration. The only real quotes are from Fergie and his teammates, Xavi and a couple others.
>>
>>66917187
>he is the best midfielder of his generation
>Scholes is the best
>He is the best.
>when he’s fit, he’s the best
>>
>>66917142
What this >>66917187 guy said.

Here are some contemporary managers on who's the best:

Alex Fergunson – Pelé.

Interview in 2013:

Charlie Rose: Who is the best player that you ever saw?

AF: I’m a Pele fan from way back when I was a kid, and then there was always this thing later about Pele and Maradona. I was young and impressionable as a kid but it was always Pele for me. Today, I think that you have got to look at Messi and Ronaldo. They are unbelievable. The best today. They are fantastic – absolutely.

Jupp Heynckes: Pelé, Messi and Maradona are in the same leve (each one will get one vote).

“He’s (Messi) a genius and is certainly on a par with Maradona and Pele”.

Pep Guardiola: Messi (compares him with Pelé):

“He is the best player of all time. I compare him with Pelé. I am so happy to see this football.”

The point is, he belongs in the conversation, and I'll take the above names opinions on it over some kid on 4chan. Stay delusional.
>>
>>66917232
I'm sure the quotes about Pele from ancient times are all credible though.
>>
>>66917261
Yes, they actually are. Knock yourself out at wikiquotes, Pelé quotes aren't hard to find at all.
>>
Those uniforms make him look like part of the Starfleet LMAO
>>
>>66917243
>>66917142

Can I get a source on these quotes, like I provided for the Pele quotes?
>>
>>66917278
What? See >>66917142
>>
>>66917221
no that could mean fucking anything
>>66917243
>best of his generation
so he's not the best
>>
>>66917308
>that could mean fucking anything

nice mental gymnastics
>>
>>66916600
Look at these nice dubdubs going unchecked. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
le "i have no sense of how temporal and societal context contributes to a player's legacy" board
>>
>>66917072
>Show me the Scholes or Gerrard quotes where they are called the greatest ever

Here's one for Gerrard:

"Is he the greatest ever? He doesn't get the same attention as Ronaldo or Messi, but I think he is."-Zinedine Zidane in 2009
>>
File: Pelé vs Beckenbauer.webm (374 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Pelé vs Beckenbauer.webm
374 KB, 854x480
/sp/ is pure cancer about this whole Pelé debate. He's an absolute GOAT, the undisputed best of his era, and literally everybody who played with or against him admits this. Cruyff, Beckenbauer, DiStéfano, Garrincha, Didi, Puskas, Eusébio, you name it. This entire backlash against him is just some new-age bong/yuro butthurt from the 00s.

Especially damning when most of his goals, videos, WC matches and everything actually ARE on youtube, and people are just too lazy to look it up.

I'll say this: there is no greatest player of all time, there's only the best of their era, and it's pointless comparing players between eras. What Pelé was, though, was the most dominant footballer of all time so far. The difference from him to everybody else at the time was bigger than the difference from Messi to the average top-level footballer today. There was not one fundament of football technique that Pelé didn't take it to its absolute mastery that was possible at the time. Of course you can't compare him with players from different eras (i.e. Messi).

You know /sp/ is being retarded about it when even REDDIT has a more sensible discussion on the matter. Well, enjoy your irrelevant online revisionism, I guess.

https://archive.is/8roDs
>>
>>66917243
>Scholes
>best of his generation

Maybe if you're only talking about English players, and even that's debatable

>>66917255
>I was young and impressionable as a kid but it was always Pele for me.

This is really it. The player you grew up watching is the player you're going to call the GOAT. That's why you see teenagers unironically calling Lebron and Kobe the best of all time, why old guys still call Kareem the best, and it's why Jordan is the consensus GOAT (most NBA fans started watching in the 90s).
>>
>>66917446
Stay on reddit if it's so great.
>>
>Tranny pedo fucking circus act from the 50s and 60s
>Hooker fucking coke addict from the 80s 90s
>HGH tax evading austism from the 00s 10s

which do you accept as your GOAT
>>
>>66917472
Stay in syria if it's so great.
>>
>>66917296
No, anybody can make shit up like that. I want a real source ie. a reputable website like FIFA.com

I don't believe you're that stupid.
>>
>>66917512
>a reputable website like FIFA.com
>FIFA.com
>reputable
come on m8
>>
>>66917446
This. Well said Hue
>>
>>66917530
Memeing aside, you really think FIFA would just make up quotes like that?? And if you dislike FIFA so much, why do you even follow to sport? Maybe cricket is more your thing

I'm still waiting for the source on the Scholes quotes, kid.
>>
>>66916562
>that flag
>>
BOW TO LEPER MESSIAAAAAH
>>
>>66917561
>Memeing aside
wew
> you really think FIFA would just make up quotes like that??
WEW
>I'm still waiting for the source on the Scholes quotes, kid
See >>66917142
>>
File: pelé-cbf.jpg (18 KB, 286x320) Image search: [Google]
pelé-cbf.jpg
18 KB, 286x320
>served in the military
>doesn't smoke
>doesn't drink alcohol
>heterosexual
>overcame unfavourable social conditions
>more successful than anyone ever in his profession
>continues to work in commercials to maintain a high standard of living, deservedly so
>follows the bible ("be fruitful and multiply")
>will live at least 20 more years

that's why people hate him, because Pelé is the perfect role model.
they are jealous, people look at him and despise him because they can never be as good as him, at anything, in any aspect, especially Brazilians who are lazy and envious of others' accomplishments, always trying to diminish them, always trying to undermine people who are close in order to prevent them from leaving them behind in the favela, a metaphorical favela if you wish, that represents mediocrity and unwillingness to improve. The widespread distaste for Pelé is a sign of both his greatness and the people's pettiness.
>>
>>66917605
>heterosexual
:^)
>>
pele is only in the media because he was a smart jew and went to new york when his career fizzled out so americans would put him as the face of soccer in hollywood

after his name disappeared for a few years, he began crying to FIFA, and once maradona started GOATing they could not risk the face of soccer being a cocaine addict, therefore they gave Pele the world cup medal for 1962 + they awarded him joint player of the century with maradona.

he's just a FIFA puppet and every year he will say something to get in the news just so his name does not die out.
>>
I remember people saying the same shit about Riquelme or Ronaldinho. You are idiots who fell for the marketing. Even Zidane was better than the midget autist. And Maradona is the real GoaT btw.
>>
>>66917561
I think FIFA would go about as far as tabloids for quotes like that - not necessarily making them up, but sure don't mind taking questionable sources for them.
>>
File: 113983,800,80[1].jpg (65 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
113983,800,80[1].jpg
65 KB, 800x560
>>66917644
>imblyign

>>66917652
>therefore they gave Pele the world cup medal for 1962
literally retarded, the only reason he didn't get his medal in '62 despite playing a game is because back then, "hacking down Pelé" was a valid tactic and the opponents' only chance of stopping him, so he travelled back home for injury treatment before the WC ended

Literally another monkey spouting factoids.
>>
>>66917597
Stay delusional, pikey
>>
>>66917728
Stay replying to shitposts senpai
>>
>>66917719
this is another fucking thing. Pele shone in an era where people would constantly fucking try to hack you down. Now faggots like Messi and Ronaldo have so much fucking protection that you cant even fucking breath on them without getting called for a foul
>>
>>66917716
Possibly. If I could get some tabloid sources for the Scholes quotes I'd be happier
>>
>>66917766
>Pele shone in an era where people would constantly fucking try to hack you down.
Pele shone in an era where people were absolutely awful at football
>>
>>66917793
Tell that to his contemporaries.

Including cruyff and the entire polish '74 team.
>>
Maradona>Pelé
>>
>>66917793
yes he did and now you have entire teams built around one player and they still manage to be shit
>>
>>66917793
and yet /sp/ loves to suck cruyff's dick
>>
>>66917814
>Including cruyff and the entire polish '74 team.
They were great for their era but nowadays, they wouldn't be anything special

>>66917838
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean

>>66917864
Because he died recently and a lot of it comes from the influence he had on football as a player and then as a coach rather than purely from his playing skill
>>
La duda que siempre he tenido con Pelé es, ¿con quién debutó?
>>
>>66917817
t. Diego Maradona
>>
>>66917605
t. Alberto Barbosihno
>>
>>66917888
>They were great for their era but nowadays, they wouldn't be anything special

I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I never understood why people think this argument holds water for cross era comparisons (in any sport)?

Yes, modern players are better trained and more knowledgeable, so if you transport Pele from 1960 to today, he likely struggles. But that argument works both ways. If Messi were born in 1935, he might not even be a soccer player.

Without players like Pele (and other all-time greats) revolutionizing the game, the modern game can't exist. Modern physicists know a hell of a lot more about the cosmos than Einstein ever did, but you won't see anyone claiming Einstein was "less intelligent" than his modern counterparts. Or Newton less intelligent than Einstein.

I get you're comparing the two in a vacuum, but that's unfair to both the all-time great and the modern player.

I'm for the "era argument." And Pele was unquestionably the best player of his era, so he rightfully deserves his all-time great status, even though he might just be an average player in today's game (in a vacuum).
>>
>>66916562
>Im a shitty millennial, and everything outsite my generation doesn't count

Pele: 12 goals in 14 wc matches; WC champion in '58,'62, '70

inb4 >carried by his teammates meme
SHUT THE FUCK UP IDIOT
>>
>>66918229
t. Autistic Mexican
>>
File: 1455264041153.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1455264041153.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>tfw 30 years from now, autists on this 3D virtual reality telepathic anime board will disregard Messi and Ronaldo as stats babbies from before football was competitive, laughing at everyone who takes them seriously and all the quotes from 'literally whos'
>>
>>66918380
>non-ambidextrous players

lmao literal trash amateur-tier
>>
>>66918380
This will absolutely happen.

In 60 years there will be mongoloids crying "Messi was shit", "debutó con un pibe", "never won a WC","every player back then was fucking shit", etc etc" just like the mongoloids we see right here in this thread.
>>
>>66918393
>they didn't even use overclocked heart technology
>they weren't all 7ft 300lbs
>they had "biblical" names like Cristiano and Jesus instead of being named after their corporate sponsor
>they had two halves instead of 4 quarters
>top kek at people who take champions league wins seriously before we had the european super league
>they had human referees
>>
File: trashcan man.jpg (23 KB, 435x290) Image search: [Google]
trashcan man.jpg
23 KB, 435x290
>>66918497
>they didn't prove themselves in China
>>
>>66918497
>>66918529
>they couldn't cope a hostile environment like Washington, DC
>>
>>66918497
>he's great and all, but could he do it on a cold, hailing night in Biodome 19?
>>
>>66916865
don't try to use logic with Muslims m8
>>
File: jj;.jpg (3 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
jj;.jpg
3 KB, 109x125
>>66918497
>they played with cis privilege
>they played before the trans-queer unification
>>
>>66918360
.t autistic amerillard who posts 7-1 everythread
>>
>>66918924
booo, it was just light bantz
>>
>>66918944
Please, go back to Plebbit if you don't like it here.
>>
>>66919041
>7x1
>>
>>66917446
Cheers
>>
>>66918529
this is the most depressing one
>>
>>66916562
You forgot that his first time was with a guy from his team.
>>
>>66924364
another factoid made-up by argentine media in the 90s
>>
>>66917446
I saw about ten minutes black and white recently, and he was more Messi like than I ever remember from watching the famous games.

He's gone from marketing meme to Pele is shit meme, the truth is he's probably underrated now.
>>
File: pele.jpg (108 KB, 700x462) Image search: [Google]
pele.jpg
108 KB, 700x462
>>66918497
>top kek
it will be lek by then m8, my attempt to force it having eventually succeeded
>>
>>66916665
>"I think we all know he was good, but was he Zlatan good?, I don't think so, everyone can live as a legend but the only living leyend is me, Zlatan.” -Zlatan Ibrahimović

>"When they say I'm the white Pele I laugh wholeheartedly, why would they compare me to a negro?, it's just racist really. Nevertheless I like him, he came out of poverty to become a profesional player, that is way more than what his kind can ever acomplish.” -Arthur "Zico" Coimbra

>"Where di he played? Madrid?, Barcelona?, Bayern?, I don't recall him ever winning the european cup or any of the relevant leagues so why do you ask me if I think he is the best?, Don't waste my time please, in one sentence: I don't think he can cut it.” -Arjen Robben

>"The question is not is Pele the best player in the history of the game, but is the people who make those claims actually watching any games whatsoever. He was a poor poeple's Inzaghi, and don't get me wrong, I actually like Inzaghi.” -Alex Fergusson

>"He was the best, I learned everything from him.” -Ricardo Quaresma

>"What do you mean if I think I would ever surpass him?, I am argentinian, therefore white and so, superior to him in everyway.... world cups are overrated anyway. ” -Lionel Messi
>>
>>66916613
Garrincha. He lost his virginity to a goat, had several deformities (curved spine, one leg longer), the home changing room at the Maracana was named Garrincha, had at least 14 children and died as a penniless alcoholic at 49 years old.
>>
>le I'm rated the best player of all time, by people who didn't even see me play, because I said I scored over a 1000 including street games
>>
>yuros
>supposed to be smart
>still didn't get that 1000 goals is more of a personal milestone than anything
>>
>>66917446
Most accurate post in this thread. He was so far beyond the level of anyone else in his era that it's the most conclusive proof to date of time travel.
>>
File: pele goals.jpg (149 KB, 1133x667) Image search: [Google]
pele goals.jpg
149 KB, 1133x667
>>66925270
Reminder that discounting friendlies his actual totals are unbelievable anyway

>17 in 15 Copa Libertadores
>77 in 92 internationals with no kekistan micronations or African meme teams in the world cup to stat pad against

The whole 1000 thing is a pointless meme that is somehow used against him.
>>
>>66916665

>all these quotes from 1970

they all changed when maradona came around

it's well known fact that Pele used the MLS to market himself and then became a FIFA puppet when Maradona became the face of world football. Of course FIFA could never allow a cocaine addict to be the one true GOAT, so they have to shove pele in every now and then so people don't forget about him
>>
>>66925032

thank you for writing these based mexico
>>
>>66926498
Menotti, i.e. Maradona's manager at Barca and an Argentine himself said that Pele was better than Maradona and a more complete player.
>>
>Pelel
>>
>>66917142

can someone post more of this quote pasta

its fnin hilarious
>>
>>66926412
dude i am joking because Tulio Maravilha said he scored 1000 goals and it is just a meme.
Tulio maravilha was good tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG2iOAvhbeI

i couldn't care less about Pele he is a cunt
>>
File: 1435647742506.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1435647742506.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>66916665
>I refuse to classify Pele as a player. He was above that.
>>
>>66925032
> i don't think he can cut it
> sensiblechuckle.jpg
>>
>>66916562
your goals against marine corps don't count
>>
Pele is the GOAT. I root for Garrincha's team, which is top 5, but pele was out of this world. Also, Maradona could be #3 or #2.
>>
>>66916562
>imbrying feetage ov paylay donut exeest
>>
>>66916613
George Best
>>
>>66916665
that's lord bendtner wtf
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 621x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 621x778
>>66925032
>He was the best. I learned everything from him - Ricardo Quaresma
>>
>>66917719
Pele's 62 Santos season is proof of this.
>>
"George Best was the greatest player in the world"

Pele.
>>
>>66916665
Check Pele quotes by Maradona :-)
>>
You don´t get it, without this man, modern football would not exist.

When you are a kid, and you dream to be a pro in any sport, you watch older stars and emulate them, even without realizing it. Now if you do a rabona or something like that is great, but 50 years ago was amazing, because players back created and were building the bases of modern football.

Watch the way pro players pass the ball, they emulate their heroes, so the evolution of the game makes it better and better.

Kids watch now Ibrahimovic, and emulate his style, adapting it to their style of play, like himself did watching R9, his hero.

Without Tony hawk there´s no modern skating, without Michael Jordan there´s no modern NBA, without Pelé and Maradona there´s no modern football.
>>
>>66947762

without pele, football is the same

cruyff on tactics, maradona on vision and dribbling, messi on efficiency and overall play

pele did nothing but score, like ronaldo without step overs, he didnt give anything to the game.
watching garrincha was more enjoyable
>>
>>66916665
>"Scholes is better than me" - Pele
>>
>>66918007
Con un pibe
>>
>>66916562
Easily the goat and it's not even close.
>>
>>66948944
He proved that pace was everything in football.
>>
>>66947762

His impact seems a bit overrated. He was probably only seen for a few weeks every 4 years back then which can't be enough to inspire a generation. Brazil as a whole probably added a new dynamic to football but he's not the talisman of football
>>
>>66948944
When i watch Garrincha i see Messi with a.right foot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02Kh2lHZKEU
>>
>>66951854
let's face it if anyone is actually gay it's most likely the Argentinean
>>
>>66926627
Menotti hates the shit out of Maradona.
>>
GOAT is all about how much a player was better than his era. they had the same shit training methods etc as everyone else back then and shit on them, thats why their GOAT. you can only be judged against your opponants at that time

also pele made football famous and had a huge impact on and off the field. he WAS football. nobody else has had that impact. if you think football you think pele
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.