[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the fucking most pointless sport to watch until the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Basketball.png (154 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
Basketball.png
154 KB, 340x340
is this the fucking most pointless sport to watch until the end?

55 minutes of "you score, I score"
repeated, until the last few minutes (which last an hour) when the score is finally 90-90 and the real game starts.

why even bother watching anything but the end. it's literally worse than a 0-0 in soccer.
>>
File: vG6Ic.jpg (74 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
vG6Ic.jpg
74 KB, 555x416
>>
>>66909786
>why even bother watching anything but the end

I bet you're really good in bed.
>>
It really is, I'm not even going to bother to watch games this playoffs until it's an elimination game. The playoffs really should be one and done, there's too many games and they just end up being tedious given the nature of the game where the better team will always end up imposing their will on the other.
>>
depends

boston celtics vs. atlanta hawks was fucking shit game to watch, so many fouls, so many missed 3 pointers

but flowing games with little fouls and effective shooting are nice.
>>
If you only care about the final result just check the box score. Others like to see to see the flow of the game, momentum shifts, how teams adapt to each other, cool plays etc
>>
I hate this meme. Basketball games can be decided in the first half just like any other sport. If you dominate early and are up 60-40 at half then you can just coast and the last hour of the game is meaningless barring a huge choke.
>>
Any sport where committing penalties is a normal tactic that is used literally every game, is shit.
>>
>>66909786
Kind of. The thing that actually makes it bad though is that the refs decide who wins more than in any other sport

I still enjoy watching it, just less than some other sports
>>
>>66911152
Refs have more power in soccerball than basketball.
>>
>>66911152
>the refs decide who wins more than in any other sportv

cool, do you have any direct sources/evidence? besides your anecdotes?
>>
>>66911307
But refs can get off Scot free calling falls against one team that aren't actually fouls while letting the other team foul all they want. It's almost impossible to distinguish a foul in real time in the NBA and it's just a coin flip. There's no rhyme or reason to foul calls in basketball
>>
>>66911336
Tim Donaghy
>>
>>66911336
>le first year of college man
>>
>>66911410
*calling fouls
>>
WTF are you talking about? A team can have a dominate wire to wire victory, teams can go back and forth making runs and changing leads, a team can be up 10 then blow it in crunch time, etc..
If you don't like basketball then just don't watch, but your criticism is shit.
>>
>>66911430
>The dude from Australia just ethered the North American on how pro sports work
/thread
>>
Assuming this is not bait, there's a lot of action, it's very fast paced and it's fun to watch with friends and family. I don't think any sport could be worse than soccer desu.
>>
>>66909786
Literally this

I actually cannot comprehend why anyone would watch basketball. I've watched pretty much every major sport and like them all at least somewhat but basketball still perplexes me, what the fuck is "exciting" about it?
>>
File: 1306513796486.jpg (18 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
1306513796486.jpg
18 KB, 300x255
>whoever can foul and shoot free throws the best wins
>>
>>66911933
You're an ausfag. The same argument could be made for rugby or soccer (or aussie-rules football).

The difference is you develop an appreciation for how hard it is to do that shit.
>>
>>66911990
Literally fuck off, there are obvious reasons why rugby and football are enjoyed, basketball is literally back and forth garbage literally just waiting until the other team fucks up.

>develop an appreciation for how hard it is to do that shit

Literally Be 7 Feet: The Sport. Shit isn't hard at all. I'll admit shooting 3s is difficult, but for some reason basketball fans say shooting 3s is lame? So I ask again, why does anyone watch basketball? Where is the appeal? It's straight-up garbage to me as a spectator sport.
>>
>>66912175
i wish i were with you in real life to ask you to name 10 NBA players off the top of your head because I have a strong suspicion that you watched no more than 15 minutes of a basketball game
>>
>>66912175
don't confuse a sport and its fans

Shooting 3's *IS* hard, plenty of "fans" here bitch about, like, the WNBA because there's no dunking, which means those are the guys only watching the NBA for dunks. That shit is NOT hard, you just have to be tall. We're in agreement there.

Running a 1-3-1 offense and buying the go-ahead jumper with less than one second on the clock? That, sir, is poetry.
>>
>>66909824
At least he doesn't take a 30 second timeout whenever he gets momentum
>>
>>66916859
If it's so easy to dunk why don't they just do it every time? Also, pretty much EVERY player in the nba can dunk, not just the 7 footers, even curry can dunk.
>>
>hockey doesn't have this problem
lel enjoy watching the worst sport ever made
>>
>>66911410
That's not true, and anyways even if there are close calls it's rarely what decides the game. Compare that to soccer, where a well-crafted flop can get you a free score and a comfy 1-0 win.
>>
Yes there is a lot of scoring. But thats what makes defensive stops more intense/important. Id rather watch people slamming the ball, nailing 3's and using good ball movement than watching people skate back and forth for 60 minutes with 3 total scores.
>>
>>66917083
he didnt say they could dunk every play, but the point is that they can dunk while women cant
>>
>>66917184
why can't women dunk? Im fucking 5'9" and back in high school I could grab onto the hoop with my hand.
>>
>>66917218
>why can't women dunk?
I'm sure /pol/ would enlighten you
>>
Correct, there is no defence in basketball (players lazily putting a hand out to try and intercept, failing 99 times out of 100 isn't defence), which is why I don't consider it a sport. Well, that and the fact the only prerequisites for playing it and being black and abnormally tall. If you're both of these you've probably been approached to play professionally. The talent ceiling is very low.
>>
>>66917291
>I dont know what the fuck Im talking about: The Post

There are good defensive teams and the talent pool is substantially larger than the NFL.
>>
>>66917291
lol pro basketball is the hardest sport of the major four to make it in
>>
>>66910563

so you're telling me the opposite of OP also makes the sport meaningless time waste scoring

nice "sport" ya got there
>>
>>66911933

Nothing
it's just a bunch of timeouts and commercials and a bunch of phantom fouls for grazing your fingernail on someone. The icing on the cake is calling a timeout when another team has momentum, so you slow the game down to fucking turtle pace again. truly a shit degenerate sport.
>>
>>66917473

because you need to be born in the top 1 percentile of human height just to be considered
that's literally the only reason it's difficult.
>>
>go take a piss
>it's 40-39
>go take a shit
>it's 75-77
>fap until the 4th quarter
>it's 89-92
>5 minutes to go
>team hits a 3
>92-92

great
I didn't miss anything
it's truly the best sport and if you disagree you're a homo
>>
op sucks dick
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.