[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The top 2 seeds in each conference of the NBA should get a first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 380x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 380x263
The top 2 seeds in each conference of the NBA should get a first round bye, like in the NFL. It would give more meaning and motivation to win regular season games and top seeds playing bottom seeds is usually a waste of time. Yes, I know upsets do happen but it's rare. Its usually a blood bath with top seeds dominating bottom seeds

3rd seed should play 8th seed
4th seed should play 7th seed
5th seed should play 6th seed

It would be more competitive and fun to watch

Thoughts?
>>
nah, this way you would reward meme teams like toronto and atlanta
>>
>>66879758
You should be rewarded for playing better in the regular season I think. If they're truly memes then they'll still lose in the second round
>>
>>66879683
It wouldn't change anything. You said upsets rarely happen yourself and those top seeds dominate anyways.
>>
>>66879817
3 vs. 8, 4 vs. 7 and 5 vs. 6 would be way more competitive than 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, and 3 vs. 6

I'm saying upsets rarely happen the way the playoffs are set up now
>>
>>66879683
Byes are stupid and the NFL playoffs fucking suck
>>
>>66879938
>I'm saying upsets rarely happen the way the playoffs are set up now

This is because the lack of parity in the NBA not because of the way the playoffs are structured
>>
NBA playoffs should be one game sudden death like football and NCAA desu. That would make up for the lack of parity and make things more exciting
>>
>>66879792
The regular season has too many games for that anyway.

If you want to give more importance to it, reduce it to a 58 games season (home & away) and remove the conference system so that the rank 1 plays agaisnt the rank 16, 2 against 5, etc...

It will never happen, though.
>>
>>66880066
i think a good compromise is a bo3. i like to watch upsets and butthurt happening.
>>
>>66879998
How do you not understand that 5 vs. 6 would be more competitive than 3 vs. 6?
>>
>>66880066
>the better team shouldn't always win

ok
>>
>>66880415
If the team is actually better why wouldn't they win that one game?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.