[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that so many top players would rather be bench/rotation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Why is it that so many top players would rather be bench/rotation players for Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern than starters at other smaller, but still big, european clubs? These three teams seem to suck up all the best players because most top talents have a "I ONLY WANT TO PLAY FOR BARCELONA/REAL MADRID/GUARDIOLA" mentality and while I understand those clubs are prestigious and Guardiola has a good reputation (doesn't hurt Bayern are also incredibly prestigious) is it really worth it to just be a squad player when you could be making just as much money, still be competitive and actually start regularly elsewhere? Two of these, and often all three, have been in the semi finals of the CL for a while now and one of them has been in every final since 09.
>>
>>66877198
I agree bud. Chicharito is a obvious example, he was perma benched on Man United and RM but Bayer Leverkusen he's a star, and they're constantly in CL and EL.

honestly if I was a decent player, I would go to clubs like Tottenshit, Valencia etc.
>>
>>66877198
money, prestige, guaranteed trophies and you can still etch your name in history by being an impact sub in important matches, and why not become a starter
hierarchy is never totally set
>>
I know this is shocking news to you my man but

1. Most footballers aren't too bright and are easily swayed by prestige and money.
2. Most have the confidence that if they're wanted by those big clubs they can break through to the starters
3. The majority don't really have any other marketable skills so they feel they need to maximize their profits in the shortest time
4. Some of them just want the medals to point at without too many follow up questions
>>
The prestige thing is huge and those teams get disproportionate amounts of money from their leagues while in the pl it's a bit more spread it but it's also the fact they pretty much suck up their league's talent pool. Most of the best bundesliga players eventually join Bayern, even Dortmund has lost stars to them. Most of the best La liga players eventually join Barcelona or Real Madrid though credit to Atletico for fighting through. In England all the talent isn't sucked up by one or two superteams and is actually spread out. Put certain Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Everton and City players in the Man Utd and Liverpool (two most "historic" teams) squads and they'll start looking significantly better too.
>>
At a certain point in your career you get jaded, even bored of football and lost interest in winning things and it becomes more about money or your family
>>
Because everyone wants to join historic clubs not literally who shitters
Deal with it, nerds
>>
>>66877393
>In England all the talent isn't sucked up by one or two super teams
if you believe the youth football experts every British teenager worth his salt is going to train at City
>>
Name them?

There aren't many properly top players on the bench of these teams
>>
>>66877377
This pretty much sums it up.

They're all billy big bollocks and think they'll displace the world's best players. In reality their careers are either dying as they aren't playing much or they're latching onto better players to get some medals.

They'd get more respect if they showed some ambition by joining for Atletico, Dortmund etc.

Signing for PSG is pretty much on par with going to China these days.
>>
>>66877393
All that explains is why England isn't as competitive in Europe anymore. There's still the fact that a lot of Bayern/Barca/Real's bench players could start at all of those clubs and in half the cases make just as much, if not more, money.
>>
File: Benchman.jpg (38 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Benchman.jpg
38 KB, 620x348
>>66877536
>>
>>66877541
>let me join a shit club and earn less because some virgin on the internet will respect me
lmao
>>
>>66877575
he played almost 50 games last season and this season he had a pretty bad injury
>>
>>66877493
People said that about Chelsea. They've won quite a few youth trophies and are probably going to win the youth cl this year too but none of them actually make it at big clubs.

I don't doubt that City will have their picks of English youngsters though and a lot of young players abroad because "OMG GUARDIOLA", everyone seems to want to play for that guy. Plus the fact they're basically replicating la masia and creating a live in academy with a school and all that won't hurt either.
>>
>>66877575
>fatze
He's garbage
>>
Cause they have the best coaches, faculties, trainers, players, prestige, media behind them
>>
>>66877601
They really wouldn't be shit clubs then though.

To be honest players that don't play the final or a good majority of games in the competition shouldn't be getting medals. You only need 10 appearances to get in on a league championship. Pretty disgusting imo.
>>
>>66877575
he's not very good. He'd be bench at plenty of other not top 3 teas
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27 KB, 456x342) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27 KB, 456x342
Why is it that so many top employees would rather be office drones for PwC, Deloitte, EY and KPMG than managers at other smaller, but still big, companies? These four companies seem to suck up all the best accountants because most top talents have a "I ONLY WANT TO WORK FOR EY/KPMG/PWC" mentality and while I understand those companies are prestigious and have a good reputation (doesn't hurt Bain and Co are also incredibly prestigious) is it really worth it to just be an office drone when you could be making slightly less money, work more hours and be under more stress/scrutiny? Two of these, and often all three, have been in the Big Four for a while now and one of them has been in every Big Four since 1998
>>
>>66878468

>working for a big four accounting firm
>not working for a big three consultant firm

m8..........
>>
>>66878543
>consulting
meme career
3-team corrupt league
>>
>>66878611
i'm doing masters in accounting m8 but i don't wanna work for a big four company
>>
>>66877276
CHI
>>
>>66877575
>(you)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.