[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is to blame for the Hillsborough disaster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12
File: Hillsborough-014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Hillsborough-014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
who is to blame for the Hillsborough disaster?
>>
>>66842998
Liverpudlian hooligans and the corresponding culture of hooliganism in football that went unchecked for too long.
>>
Wayne Rooney
>>
The people who trampled others.
>>
Passion
Passion for the game they love
>>
Fences
>>
The uncivilized format that euros use. If they dropped promotion/relegation then their stadiums would be higher quality and a crush would not have been possible
>>
Divegrass refugees
>>
>>66842998
scousers entering the stadium without paying

>b-b-but the police forced them to get in and watch the game for free I swear!!!
>>
File: 1220194_crop_exact.jpg (26 KB, 340x233) Image search: [Google]
1220194_crop_exact.jpg
26 KB, 340x233
Did they just sell too many tickets or what
>>
>>66843592
the entrance to that side of the stadium is a bottleneck, and there were not enough turnstiles to handle all the fans that showed up to make sure they got in before the match started

and then the fuckhead cops didn't bar off the entrance to that terrace when it was very obviously packed like sardines in a can. that should've been done before they opened up that gate to ease off the mass outside
>>
>>66843941

It was an accident really though, a lot of fans turned up hoping to scalp tickets outside the stadium and when they opened the gate to relieve the crush in the street they all tried to get into the stadium for free.
>>
>>66843592
Police didn't do their jobs. As much fun as it is to meme that it was dirty scousers, the police had a duty that day and failed to do it.
>>
Stupid scousers
>>
>>66843585
you have literally no clue what you're talking about

crush is such a dangerous situation due to the fact that the ones causing it have no way of seeing/knowing just how dire the situation is for the victims. due to this, it will inevitable progress into a fatal scenario nearly every time without proper handling by authorities

this was solely on the cops/stadium staff
>>
File: React1.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
React1.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>66843592

Such a horrible image, imagine dying like that - how terrifying and painful would it be.
>>
>>66844070
And then being robbed while you lay on the ground injured and the people treating you were pissed on
>>
>>66844031
>Oi la I'll just push further into the crowd I don't have a ticket for la it'll be alright
>oi fuk the sun we dindu nuffin la
>>
>>66842998
why are there no black people in the crowd? are blacks not welcome at Liverpool games?
>>
>>66844070
Whenever I go to house shows or parties I think about that shit. Like imagine if there was a fire or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzfq9Egxeo
>>
>>66844096

The reason you post this is the same reason there is an Eternal Anglo meme. Kill yourself you miserable little cunt.
>>
the police la

and The Sun
>>
>>66844156
>IS ok with dirty scousers robbing the injured and pissing on medics

Hello there Scouser
>>
>>66844107
nice memes
>>
>>66844156
kys
>>
>>66844096
>look dad i posted it again
>>
>>66844156

>condones this behaviour

wew lad
>>
I wish they'd stop repeating that canned phrase "went to see a football game and never came back". It feels so forced and fake
>>
What did the Sun do?
How is a newspaper involved in massive squishing?
>>
>Hillsborough "disaster"
>>
Thatcher.
>>
>>66844139
Not many blacks in Liverpool
>>
>>66844511
The sun printed lies that scousers robbed the dead and pissed on medics etc they basically made up a ton of shit to blame the supporters for the deaths, later it was proven to be all lies.. but sick butthurt ABL trolls use the sun newspapers lies as "truth" to try and wind up scousers
>>
>english infra""""""structure""""""
>english and alcohol
>english """"""police"""""
>english common courtesy

lel. literally African-tier """""disaster"""""
>>
>>66844031
>commit crime
>blame the police
>>
braindead fans
>>
>>66844642
is it a lie that scummy fans tried to get in without tickets?
>>
>>66843592
Why didn't they just climb the fences? Were they dummies?
>>
>>66842998
The dumbasses who kept going into the stadium despite not having tickets
>>
>>66848454
In this case the cops are to blame because they didn't come down and bust skulls for sneaking into the stadium
>>
>>66848754
then they'd be whining about police brutality
>>
>>66848754
>attempt to rob convenience store
>get shot
>"why didn't the cops stop me from robbing the store? I dindu noffin"
>>
>>66848653
No, they're scousers.
>>
literally the entire reason you have so much of a policing/stewarding presence at sports stadiums is to organise crowds of tens of thousands of people so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

ABLs will always say it was Liverpool fans trying to get in without tickets, but frankly there's no real evidence to prove this, and the issue was lots of fans entering at the same time right at kick off, because there was such a poor job done outside the ground to get the fans in at the correct speed that they ended up flooding a load of fans in all at once, causing the crush
>>
>>66844577
Isn't Hillsborough Sheffield Wednesday's stadium though?
>>
>liverpool kills 96 of their own fans in cold blood
>people still support them

i will never understand english football culture.
>>
>>66848956
hooligans are like anarchists, scum of earth. And liverpool fans are scum of earth for defending them.
>no job
>blatantly commit crimes
>put shit on fire, break into stores, invade stadiums, beat other people
>if the police retaliates, whine about oppression, brutality, authoritarianism
>some cops are used as scapegoat are fired
>if the police under-reacts, they're blamed for all the consequences of the crimes those scum pieces of shit no-lifers committed themselves
>>
>>66849066
sorry, why are we bringing typical Brazilian football fan behaviour into this?
>>
File: 1299475918357.jpg (5 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1299475918357.jpg
5 KB, 251x242
>>66843592
mfw I see my someone with my face in that crowd
>>
>>66849112
at least brazilian football fans never murdered 135 people like liverpoolians did.
>>
>>66849138
don't Brazilian fans literally pull guns out and murder referees and shit?
>>
>>66848653
the fences folded inwards at the top so you couldn't get onto the pitch
>>
They have track record for this. They call it 'bunking'.

>Before the match there were ticketing problems because a large number of fans gained entry to the stadium without valid tickets. After the match, a UEFA spokesman accused Liverpool of having the worst fans in Europe

>A UEFA report released soon after the final branded Liverpool supporters "the worst fans in Europe", with Gaillard stating: "What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?
>>
>>66849224
>William Gaillard, Uefa's director of communications, contrasted the behaviour of the English supporters unfavourably with those of Milan. "Unfortunately, in Britain it is the behaviour," he said. "Liverpool fans are responsible for the problem before, during and after the game. They were trying to go over the barriers to get into the stadium without tickets, which is not behaviour we can condone.
>>
scousers clearly

how is this even still a question?
>>
>muh illsbreh

Check this shit out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxN3ypB3rw
>>
Reminder that Scousers killed 39 innocent people (including an 11 year old girl) less than three years before.

But clearly it was the fault of the police
>>
>>66849296
not as many bradford fans in the media so no-one cares about this. but endless breaking news bulletins about the hillsborough memorial every hour on the hour as the world turns
>>
>>66849296
Damn I completely forgot about this. Every time I watch that video I die a little on the inside.
>>
>>66848504
yes the police etc opened the doors and let them in that's a fact, but i wouldn't expect a dumb fuck yank to know about it, was the police's responsibility and they are at fault.
>>
A variety of causes can share blame for the disaster.
The Sheffield Wednesday stadium had an out of date safety certificate and had been altered in such a fashion that made it more unsafe which hadn't been checked.

The FA didn't give Liverpool the larger end of the ground when they requested it despite having a larger support group. They also failed to act upon knowledge that serious overcrowding issues and dangerous crushes had occurred at 4 prior games, including one involving Liverpool fans just a year earlier in the same bit of the stadium.

The police however probably take most of the blame on the day, the match controller was woefully inexperienced and had no idea what to do, the Police had knowledge that their were roadworks on the main road between Liverpool and Sheffield, and that trains were running late, and yet chose not to delay kick-off.
The decision to open the exit gate was made to preserve life outside the stadium, but no effort was made in terms of crowd control with the police having not closed the door to the tunnel to the pen and being present to divert the crowd to the empty pens at the side.

The fact that the police then saw the fans being crushed but didn't communicate with each other in a professional manner, severely hampering the recovery efforts, and then after the match proceeded to orchestrate a monumental cover-up is scandalous.
>>
>>66849208

You could still climb and hang there as opposed to getting squished to death.
>>
>>66852908
The fans at the front were being pushed so tightly against the fences that they couldn't even breath in, let alone move their arms enough to climb.
Additionally the few that did have the capability to climb found themselves at first being pushed back in by the police, before efforts were made to start pulling them out.
>>
>>66849296
Did they ever find the guy who started the fire?
>>
>>66853953
wiki says it was an australian trying to put out a cigarette
>>
>>66853974
Typical Australian bantz.
>>
>>66844577
This is Bullshit

There's a very high population of blacks in Liverpool, goes back to the slave trade.
>>
>>66842998
Liverpool fans.
>>
>Kill their own at hillsborough
>Murder Juve fans at Heysel

There really isn't a more scummy fanbase in England.
>>
>>66843592
The police opened the gates just to get people in in time. Somehow they managed to open the wrong gate, into the area that was already full.
>>
>>66849224
Lel, never ever seen this before. And never seen Liverpool fans comment on it any way.

We dindu nuffins la
>>
>>66848966

Not many blacks in Sheffield either. Even less so in the 80s/90s
>>
>>66843592

Surely even if the match was at capacity this wouldn't have happened? The stadium must have been well beyond.
>>
"Justice for the 96" is a laughable idea, it's more keep have inquiries until we get the outcome we desire.
Sure Hillsborough was a terrible tragedy but there have been far far worse since, like every single plane crash. I just think this have received is disproportionate amount of media attention and public funding.
>>
>>66861031
because it wasn't just straight forward, police changed and lost statements so they made it up as they went along. now the truth is finally coming out..

'Goldring has directed the jury that to reach a verdict of unlawful killing, they must be unanimous, and satisfied that the South Yorkshire police officer in charge of the event, Ch Supt David Duckenfield, “was responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence of those 96 people”. '
>>
>>66861109
>Truth is coming out

You mean "People are finally just going along with 'we dindu nuffin' because they're fucking tired after a few decades of this shit"
>>
>>66861109
Worse than Jews
>>
>>66849296
there should be more fires with live commentary
>>
I like how lots of people forget about the heysel disaster too

scouse are scum
>>
>>66861142
yeh thats it...grass
>>
the police are to blame for failing to realise that scousers are scumbags.
>>
>>66848813
>getting shot in England

m8.
>>
>>66842998

It was a tragedy but fans without tickets should not have been pushing in

You can blame equally the fans and the poor policing / stadium design
>>
reminder Liverpool are responsible for the downfall of English dominance in European football
>>
Everyone is at fault. The Police, the fans, the safety in the stadium, the FA and of course Obama.
>>
>>66861564
dont forget the jews
>>
>>66861522
Do you not consider 05-09, when there was an English team in every final, a period of dominance?
>>
File: 1449867674975.jpg (676 KB, 960x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449867674975.jpg
676 KB, 960x1000
>>
>>66860356
Remember shit like that was why there was the pens for them to get crushed against in the first place.
>>
>>66853953
It was a guy who was smoking a cigarette and immediately tried to put it out

Apparently he went into clinical depression, I think I read a report that said he committed suicide years later
>>
>>66849296
Who gives a shit about Bradford?
>>
>>66860957
>Surely even if the match was at capacity this wouldn't have happened
bare man turned up without tickets basically
still a major fuck up by plod but if the fans had all turned up on time, with tickets and in an orderly fashion it wouldn't have happened
>>
>>66849296
did the guy on fire survive?
>>
>>66865698
no
>>
>>66844678

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire
>>
Wait a minute

Is this that "96" thing? Wait, so people actually got killed because they got squashed up against a fence because of overcrowding? I admit having not googled this yet, which I am doing now, but I always appreciate input from the threadbois

this would never happen in the US
>>
>>66842998

Thatcher.
>>
good job la
>>
>>66868827
jej
>>
>>66851653

They were grown adults and forced there way into a stadium without a ticket. Take some fucking responsibility you scouse cunt. Scousers are the same as black people in america.
>>
>>66842998
I saw a documentary

>Dude orders open gate
>96 sqousers
>Dude lies about gate
>Forever whine for "justice"
>Now most blame seeking is for cover up
>Should have lynched him that day
>>
>>66843592
has anyone got the version with Van Gaal shooped in there? it was posted after his falling to the ground routine.
>>
Like leading pigs to a trough, cheapo scoursers couldnt resist the urge to watch their scummy team and ended up dieing..

RIP

Natural Selection at its finest
>>
File: 1399326754099.jpg (28 KB, 720x251) Image search: [Google]
1399326754099.jpg
28 KB, 720x251
>>
>>66868792
>only reason the country is still relevant
>>
>>66868763
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster
>>
not being edgy as the organization was terrible and the police made mistakes on the day but it really pisses me off that the fact that scousers without tickets basically forced their way into the stadium has been whitewashed from history. you realize there are still enquiries and court cases going on to this day? take some fucking responsibility, lose the fucking always a victim complex and maybe just maybe everybody would be over this by now. also Heysel.
>>
>>66843592

No, it was Liverpool fans without tickets who turned up drunk. They were causing a massive crush outside the stadium, trying to get tickets from touts or push their way in.

Police opened the outside gate to relive the pressure, but they all ran in, pushing the pressure further up into the stadium, pitchside.
>>
>>66869256

Unfortunately it was the ones who paid for their ticket and arrived on time who ended up getting crushed by their fellow team supporters who you described aptly.
>>
anglo blood
>>
>>66843511
Do you have a fucking clue what you're talking about, you spastic maple syrup-dribbling cunt?
>>
What do you call 96 dead Liverpool fans?

A good start.
>>
>Rabid scousers have to be penned in because they're liable to murder opposing fans (Heysel)
>Get euthanised by each other instead

Pure poetry.
>>
>>66853024
>being pushed back in by the police,
I can't stop smiling

>in ya go ye little bugger.
>help im dying
>>
>>66851653
"dumb fuck yanks" wouldnt be stupid enough to show up enmasse and try to bum rush the game without tickets in the first place third-worlder.
>>
File: Average American city.png (301 KB, 498x314) Image search: [Google]
Average American city.png
301 KB, 498x314
>>66870007
>Third worlder
>>
I like the banter on here but I don't like laughing at dead people, is there a place between 4chan and reddit?
>>
>>66870143
Your mom's pussy.
>>
>>66870243
Edgy lass
>>
>>66870243

>First letter in right leg is "r" for reddit
>First letter in 4eft leg is "4" for 4chan

It fits.
>>
>bunch of mouthbreathing thieving scousers without tickets, turn up and force their way into a football match
>b-b-but it was the fault of the police.

love this meme
>>
>>66842998
What if there was this civilized thing called rows of seats, that would make it impossible to even have this happen
>>
>>66870722
>Amerifat
>Too fat to even stand up for a brief period of time
The disaster wouldn't have happened at all if either proper crowd control had been implemented or if the fences weren't there.
Terraces are very much still a thing in other sports in the country, and in football abroad and they're not inherently unsafe at all, indeed the Taylor report after the disaster highlights this.
>>
>>66870900

Indeed, you are a faggot, m'lady.

I'm sick of hearing about this shit when I come here, 96 dead Britbongs isn't a "disaster", it's a gift from God.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>66870722
>>
>>66842998
The stadium had been used for years without problems.
Forest fans were in the same stadium, same match, same cops, no problem.
Liverpool had killed 39 italian fans a few years earlier.

Justice for the 96
The 96 WERE Justice.
>>
>>66842998

The US as usual.

Obama is clearly responsible for this.
>>
Does Liverpool come to a standstill for Heysel? Why are they so quite about it?
>>
>>66844145

qq ;_;
>>
>>66876569
Because they can't claim they were victims when they MURDERED those Italians.
>>
>>66876711
Oh boy you haven't seen the last of LFC delusion, la.

>but they stabbed a LFC supporter
>we were only defending ourselves
>>
>>66868763
there's a 30 for 30 on it. just watch that.
>>
>>66849296

Fuck the fire, look at state of that field!
>>
>>66848890

How many people from Liverpool have you actually met ?
>>
File: brit police gun.jpg (275 KB, 1028x794) Image search: [Google]
brit police gun.jpg
275 KB, 1028x794
>>66861290
Yes? In the 80s there were even more guns in the street due to the IRA.
>>
>>66879084
>>
>>66842998
The crowd there seems calm. The whole process of this disaster and how it killed so many people is beyond my comprehension.
>>
>>66870546
Is this actually what happened? I dont know enough about it but you never see anyone suggesting that they should have taken responsibility for their own actions. What role did the police play?
>>
>>66879562
Police handled the situation poorly and just let people squeeze in. They opened the wrong gates etc, let people in without tickets.

And at the other end people trying to escape the crush by climbing over the fence were forced down. Overall they fucked up.

It's more fun to memepost about >96 though
>>
Tell you what is shit, the campaign groups, Spirit of Shankley and that, are opposed to Safe Standing because of Illsbreh.

Despite the fact it is closer to individual seating that proper, piss-stained terracing.

It was a shit day and South Yorkshire Police have to take a lot of the blame, but Boris Johnson was right, Scousers are hooked on grief.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.