[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5-1-3-1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Do any teams deploy a 5-1-3-1?

For those who know more about the game than I do, why would this formation work/not work?
>>
Too defensive of a shape
>>
i don't think so. but there are probably some teams starting with a 3-5-2 that would play something similiar to that at certain stages of a match
>>
Some Italian clubs and small clubs in Argentine league when they face big clubs

They all hide it as "3-5-2"
>>
>>66834671
Juventus plays with a 3-5-2. Whether you write it as a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 is irrelevant, when they played against Bayern for the most part their "wingbacks" sat deep with the center-backs. But usually they are more offensive than a regular full-back.
>>
>>66834671

I don't think anybody would line up exactly like this since you don't have enough bodies in the middle but, if you ignore the numbers and just look at the roles
>three centre backs
>two wing backs
>one DM
>two AMs (who are also competent as wingers)
>second striker
>striker

then I'm sure you'll find loads of teams
>>
File: juve bayern first half.jpg (52 KB, 624x450) Image search: [Google]
juve bayern first half.jpg
52 KB, 624x450
if you really want to know how a team played it's better anyway to look at what the average position of the players in that match rather than look at what the media decide their starting position is
>>
>>66834701
But if you're a team like Real Madrid and have that much fire power, shouldn't you be able to afford playing in a more defensive shape without worrying about scoring goals?
>>
>>66835023

>shouldn't you be able to afford playing in a more defensive shape without worrying about scoring goals?

Only if the opposition plays very high and you have a chance to counter attack. If they drop deep like most teams would, your lineupbuilder formation wouldn't be accurate anymore as you'd see players roam out of position all the time.

Like >>66835017 you shouldn't focus on the line-up that much. It doesn't always describe tactics too well.
>>
>>66834671
Gentelmans, the only way Barca could stop Atletico. Same tactic which was used by Ancelotti a year ago in quarterfinals, against the same team.
>>
>>66835023
if you're playing against a team like atletico, gladbach or lester with that system, you're going nowhere. even with real's fire power.

not enough options in attack. only hope is overloading with your wingbacks but you'd be stuck doing crosses all game and that's not effective.

a shape like that would only suit a team who's trying to defend and counter.
>>
Formations are meaningless anyway, especially in modern football where you constantly switch them during the game
>>
It seems like a terrible formation because of the lack of creative options up front and the congestion created by the wingbacks and wide midfielders. If Barca would play that formation, Dani Alves and Jordi Alba wouldn't be able to make those overlapping runs they love to do, and if they did, all you'd be playing are crosses. Maybe with defenders such as Ivanovic, or other very slow, physical fullbacks this could work, but you'd effectively be playing five centre backs with one midfielder to hold up an entire attack.
>>
why would you have a dedicated holding midfielder and 3 at the back, dumb, you wont have enough bodies in the attack and will still be exposed to counter attacks on the wing

when you go with 3 CBs you're also putting two upfront, otherwise you're not getting the most out of the overload out wide (one of the strikers will be roaming out wide while the other stays central)
>>
Pretty sure I've seen Southampton do it this season

Really boring defensive football happens
>>
>>66834778
>>66834804
These.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.