[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the biggest blunder in sports history? For those who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Jean-Van-de-Velde-at-Carn-006.jpg (35 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Van-de-Velde-at-Carn-006.jpg
35 KB, 460x276
Is this the biggest blunder in sports history?

For those who don't know, he lost an open championship on the 18th hole. He literally could win with a double bogey - and he finished with a triple.

This is the equivalent of having a three touchdown lead in the last 2 minutes of a game and choking the lead and win away.

Unprecedented stuff really
>>
Welp I guess we can add Dortmund to this list
>>
Spieth's choke was bigger.
>>
>>66824032
Except it wasn't since Van de Velde's was at the last hole and Spief gagged at the 12
>>
>>66823975
kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Oo1IjXmLY
>>
>>66822355
I don't get it use a football analogy please.
>>
>>66825844
i think it is like what happened in Crystal palaca x liverpool with Liverpool fucking it up in the last minutes
>>
>>66825844
It'd be like having a 3-0 lead approaching the 90th and letting up the lead and losing the game in extra time.
>>
>>66824934
Not him but Speith was up by at least 4 strokes when he self-cucked
>>
>>66826023
Right but it was on the 12th. There were still holes left to play so the chance of someone else fucking up or Spieth coming back was still in play. VdV's collapse was on the last hole and the circumstances surrounding the collapse are what makes it so much worse.
>>
>>66825795
that's brutal
>>
>>66825795
wtf? is there some kind of story behind this? something go wrong with the car? ran over debris on the track? or did he literally just drive into the fucking wall?
>>
File: splafft.jpg (77 KB, 749x499) Image search: [Google]
splafft.jpg
77 KB, 749x499
>>
>>66826726
Backstory: rookie driver, risky fuel strategy that payed off, as the pundits said - a dream come true and a patriotic touch because of him being American and sponsored by National Guard.

But no, he just lost it, entirely on his own. Only thing that comes to his defence was that the lapped car in front of him was going significantly slower than he might have expected and he had to take the wider line into the last turn.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.