[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tennis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: tennis-hair - Copy.jpg (7 KB, 128x139) Image search: [Google]
tennis-hair - Copy.jpg
7 KB, 128x139
I want to learn tennis and I thought it would be easy. I played with someone today and I could barely even hit the ball in the court.

How do I become DECENT at tennis so I can at least play with people? It's really freaking hard.
>>
Note I'm a high school football/basketball player so I'm a good athlete and I played some baseball so I know how to swing.
>>
>7 KB, 128x139

are you good at anything at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 500x500
Ha I've dealt with fags like you who think tennis is shit. It hard as fuck and hella fun once you get good. Novak sprints about 10-12 miles in a grand slam and does the splits and other crazy shit. But a 380 pound linebacker is a real athlete .

Use a semi western grip. Point your should where you want the ball to go to. Bend your knees, bend them. Move your feet. Swing all the way across your body. Spend a few hours or a ball machine or against the wall
>>
>>66810727

I just googled and saved f-fampai
>>
>>66810709
Kill yourself. Played baseball. Thinking it will help at all with tennis. Do you usually hit topspin on the ball. And swing with one hand.
>>
>>66810743

Okay so I now know and agree that pro players are insane athletes. My legs were dead after like an hour of match play.

But what do you mean by semi western grip? And on my forehand I basically just whack the ball where I want it to go. Like I said I'm athletic so I have the strength to just whack the ball and I do hit it hard but I don't really get it to go in unless I swing slow, which is pussy.

DESU I have no clue how to hit a backhand, does this same stuff apply?
>>
File: Bdqzl0pCAAAIqlF.jpg (32 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Bdqzl0pCAAAIqlF.jpg
32 KB, 600x400
>>66810777

Well I thought it would at least help me with my swings, no?

And yes I swing with one hand except it's hard to swing from my left side with one arm.

I watched Federer videos and I'm trying to swing like him.
>>
get a cheap trainer
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 620x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 620x368
>>66810814
Lol not sure if troll or really clueless. I watch curry shoot 3s and try to shoot like him. Google tennis grips a semi western is how you hold the racket. And you want to swing up on the ball hard. I wouldn't copy fed. He's the only play like him and it's stupid to try to teach his strokes. Same for the backs hand turn your body and point your shoulder towards the court. Ask any questions 5.0 college player here
>>
File: 1436230645602.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1436230645602.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>66810898

Why not copy Fed?

and idk what I said that was so stupid to be a troll. I googled grips and I think I get it, just gonna take me time to get used to holding it that way (feels crazy desu).

I read a bunch of stuff online so I understand topspin I just need to get on the court and try it now.

>>66810852

A person or machine? Can't really afford either. The court near me has a wall though.

But what the fuck /sp/ told me this was a sport for fairies so I thought it would be a good way to meet chicks in doubles. I played my friend who didn't even play HS tennis and I seriously couldn't even hit 3 balls in a row. How the FUCK am I supposed to get girls and how the FUCK is this a country club sport?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 475x600
>>66810982
Tennis girls literally the hottest and dad issues the higher you go up. It's not a country club sport lots of places/colleges/gyms have it and it's pretty competitive. If you want to meet older tennis women join a gym or racket club.

Fed doesn't even have a good teachable swing. He really isn't good at getting hella balls in. And would you copy babes Ruth swing if you just picked up a bat. And yeah the grip will feel crazy. Join a class if you want. And if you want to only get good to get girls don't. It takes a while to get good. But take a class at a college or gym and meet some bitches
>>
File: pepe.jpg (9 KB, 287x175) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
9 KB, 287x175
>>66810683
I want to become a professional but I can't find anyone to help me make the transition. How do I become a successfully registered ITF player?
>>
>>66811106
>Fed doesn't even have a good teachable swing. He really isn't good at getting hella balls in.

You are a moron. You 100% play with an APD.

Fed has errors, or as you put it "hella balls in," because he plays with a smaller head size and most importantly plays extremely offensive tennis. He plays up on the baseline and tries to take time away more than any other player.

You are just another jabroni who plays with an APD and tries to smack winners from 4 feet behind the baseline and considers that real tennis. You should kill yourself. Federer has flawless technique off all wings.
>>
>>66811161
Really what the fuck do you know about tennis. And he's playing with a larger racket head size now. His stroke + racket size makes it harder to get every all in. Rise Feds word he says he was scared to play ferret 15 years ago because ferrer was a baseliner and he wasn't. His grip is Easter, and stroke invovles heavy wrist to get topspin. That's shit hard to do when your starting out. And most college players/new pros hit more like nadal or Novak. Lol that's the modern game getting every ball in ans hitting winners far back.- theim Goffin, kokk or krygios.lol I love coming to net but are you an old fag talking about real tennis. Get over it sports change fagget
>>
>>66811161
Fucken auto correct on my phone. I love fed. But his crazy balance, tennis iq and feel allow him to hit the way he does and be amazing. I'm not Gona tell some fag who just picked up a racket to copy fed.
>>
>>66811237

So, you admit you play with an APD.

Fed plays with a 97 sq in to help him on his BH consistency. It's hurt his serve and FH. He's a high risk player, that's just his game and always has been. Razor thin margins. He isn't a faggot like modern players.

He uses an eastern grip, yes. Which is what MOST amateur players should be using. The eastern grip is more natural and healthy than SW or W. The ideal stroke does not involve the wrist at all - it's all wrist lag. No power is generated from the wrst.

Fed hits with insane topspin from an eastern grip b/c of his insane lag/whip. Telling new players to hit with a SW or W grip is just asking for injury. Especially b/c new players probably struggle with the grip changes from continental to eastern, and we're not even talking about BH yet.

Get out of here with your "modern" tennis crap. Your average player will end up with wrist pain, tennis elbow, and a $250 lighter wallet if they follow your advice.
>>
>>66811237

Also, Thiem, Goffin, Kokk, Kyrgios, Fritz, Kozlov, Chung, or any of the other young guns make difference on what a 3.5 should be doing. And if you want to talk about FH, Sock and Kyrgios have FHs that no one should try to imitate because it will 99% result in injury. Those two have freak forehands.

But sure, keep recommending APDs strung with Cyclone at a high tension at a full western grip...enjoy destroying people's elbows.
>>
>>66811302
Why 99.9 of all colleges professionals use a western. And I wasn't telling op to buy a APD. I use a 98 blade fagget. And you get spin not power from the wrist. And yeah it can cause injuries all of tennis can and does. I don't like the "new" tennis but that's how it is. Sorry in not some old fagget who plays on the weekends and talks about how tennis use to be great.
>>
>>66811330
I wasn't telling him to copy I was telling you everyone hits with spin and semi or full western grips get over it nigger
>>
File: image.png (732 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
732 KB, 750x1334
>>66811330
Fuck off I never said to use an APD. That shit fucked up my elbow when I denied it so fuck off. Some butt hurt nasal hater because he fucked over fed. I hate nadal but the games changing . Either adapt or be a whiny fagget your call
>>
>>66811359
>>66811381

Legit shocked that you use the Blade 98. Which string pattern?

And yes I know that pros and college level use western. But my point is that lower level players should not.

I would never tell a 3.0/3.5/4.0 level player to buy a Blade 98 18x20 and hit with a full western, that's just nuts.

Also, how is the Blade treating you?
>>
>>66811411
18x20 and I legit love it Wilson has the best grips and it fits my game perfect. I hit pretty flat for having a semi. I agree I use the blade because it's great for powerful shots and unless you can hit forehand winners you shouldn't try it.. I And I told op to look up grips also. I don't use a full western and don't recommend it
>>
>>66811436
Hate nadal steroid user. Have you read his book I appericate him for his hard work and will. Even if his is a super god damn sore loser. I posted that unable to Russell your jimmies because I know your a fed fan boy
>>
>>66811473

Have you tried the Yonex line? The Blades have been on my demo list.
>>
>>66811498

Then who do you like?
>>
>>66811515
No just the blade and pure drive. I don't like the yonnex grips no butt caps and weird overall feeling
>>
>>66811529
Novak for taking out nadal. Lol just kidding. I enjoy watching fed but i follow gofgin, Rubin and fritZ as their the only 2 Americans with any chance
>>
>>66811536

I use an Ai 98. I replaced the grip with a Gamma grip and wrapped a bunch of athletic tape to create a bigger butt cap. I love it.
>>
>>66811555

Roger that. Faker and Dull are faggots. Fed is a living legend. Fritz is the next great American hope.
>>
>>66811555
rubin is shit. fritz could be goat, tiafoe has potential. theyre not on the same level as kyrgios,zverev or coric though
>>
>>66811575

It's hard to compare. Kyrgios and Fritz have the highest physical potential, but Fritz is mentally stronger. Zverev is a mental nutjob. Coric lacks weapons. Tiafoe is too much of a clown and lacks weapons.

Fritz is my favorite of the bunch.

Don't forget Chung :^)

Also, Slade is GOAT MTF poster
>>
>>66811575
I've seen tiafoe play in person. He's too much of a show off nigger. Even with 100 wildcards he still sucks. I'm afraid fritzs might be too tall. He's listed as 6"4 but still has room to grow. And Rubin is shit but if you follow him he's working hella hard both on and off card and seeing good results. Krygios is a nigger until he takes out Novak he's shit. He best nasal on grass and fed on clay that's it. I have 3 blades and try the yonnex don't want to custom 3 rackets and have one off balance
>>
>>66811614

Agreed, the one thing I worry about with Fritz is his height/movement. I hope he stops growing.

And yeah, niggers will nig. Never bet on any of them in a sport like this.
>>
>>66810683
I suppose it's different from everyone, but when I started playing, I was so used to playing other racquet sports (mainly badminton) that I constantly hit it out the court. You just need to get used to the angles, and how you play your shots. It requires the use of a lot of spin, and getting a decent angle when you hit it (it's very very tight compared to other racquet sports.)

Seriously, the best way to get better, is simply to practice hitting shots inside the court. A friend is preferable, but you can do it on your own to begin with.
>>
>>66811629
Fritz stars he hits 8 hours A day hope that's translates. Well it's 1 am so goodnight senpai
>>
File: 1432780545454.jpg (40 KB, 614x432) Image search: [Google]
1432780545454.jpg
40 KB, 614x432
>>66811636

>4chan
>friends
>>
>>66810982
>But what the fuck /sp/ told me this was a sport for fairies

Why would you believe /sp/?

Sure, there are some knowledgeable guys on here, but most of the time it's the same as any other 4chan board; shitposting and being overtly aggressive.
>>
>>66811697

Fuck you faggot
>>
try badminton its alot easier
>>
>>66816403

poo in loo sport. No wonder you bongs like it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.