[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Messi actually good? Or just a fluke meme player like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
So is Messi actually good? Or just a fluke meme player like a first round draft bust who has a like 2 good seasons than is exposed?

My soccer knowledge all comes from /sp/ memes
>>
He's the GOAT but the last couple of weeks have literally been the worst of his entire career.
>>
Xavi and Iniesta's babby
>>
Most overrated player of all time memes aside
>>
His last good match was with Argentina
>>
>>66791074
He's stopped using his performance enhancing drugs and has been exposed as a fraud. It's a simple as that.
>>
>>66791074

he is the best in the world if the ref is playing for him.
>>
System baby, shit in Argentina
>>
>>66791108
Messi isn't the GOAT. He's not even fit to lick Zidane's boots.
>>
>>66791074
Best player ever but not been that good in the past 5 matches
>>
>americans
>>
>>66791108
Can't be GOAT without a World Cup. If he doesn't win in 2018 he'll be forgotten by 2020.
>>
he's been alien-like for 10 years straight and now hasn't scored 5 games so the world is over. That's how good he is.
>>
>>66791074
He's like Peyton Manning. Regular season GOAT but tends to choke in the playoffs, but not as hard and often as, say, Andy Dalton.
>>
>>66791275
>this flag

Post discarded.
>>
No more drugs and no Xavi
>>
He's 29 soon. His prime is over.
>>
GOAT of PR
>>
>>66791381
>Peyton Manning
>Playoffs
>Andy Dalton

What on earth are you talking about?
>>
>>66791339
This. He is like cryff a meme player.
>>
>>66791074
Harry Kane is better
>>
>>66791566

>mfw a german can never be goat

back to making cars you go
>>
>>66791663
We produced plenty of goats, they're just always criminally underrated because that's what happens with germans.
>>
>>66791663
Germany wins with based fundamentals. They win as a team they have no need for super stars
>>
>>66791713
>Franz Beckenbauer
>Gerd Muller
>Jurgen Klinsmann
>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
>Oliver Kahn

Hardly any of them underrated m8
>>
>>66791902
>stuck in germany
>stuck in germany
>spurs
>stuck in germany
>stuck in germany

meanwhile if you're a black dutchie or frenchie everyone and their mom will pay 40mil at age 12
>>
He's a system babby worse than Brady senpai desu
>>
File: 1449689608119.jpg (21 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1449689608119.jpg
21 KB, 460x288
>>66791385
This flag
>>
>>66791381
>Regular season GOAT but tends to choke in the playoffs
>has 3 CLs in his career
>including one of the best ever CL final performances
>>
>>66792059

System babby playing in a meme, stat padding league, I might add
>>
>>66792118
4 even. Though he didn't play much of a role in 05-06.
>>
>>66792162
B-BUT MUH MAD DIVING SKILLZ!!
>>
>>66792118

>Has had the equivalent of a Jordan, Curry, Bron, Magic, Shaq roster in his team for the past 10 years cause soccer is retarded

>wins a couple of CL

Gee I wonder why
>>
Messi was never the best player in the world, only the best dribbler.
>>
>>66791190
>>
Nah. Everyone will call him shit and Ronaldo number one for a few weeks. It happens every time one of them loses, you should know this by now. People simplt can't sit back and watch two of the greatest to ever play the game do what they do, they have to hate a bit in between as well
>>
File: 1457570607192.jpg (493 KB, 2048x1457) Image search: [Google]
1457570607192.jpg
493 KB, 2048x1457
>>66791339
>Pele posting from German proxy
>>
he was kinda good back in like 2010 desu.
>>
File: 1377082591023.jpg (15 KB, 287x292) Image search: [Google]
1377082591023.jpg
15 KB, 287x292
hgh babby
>>
>>66791532
I'm making an analogy so the guy understands better what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>66792446
>based xabi the only one not acting a clown
>>
>>66791108
He's a fraud
>>
He has never won anything with his national team.

System baby

He has never fucking proven himself anywhere else than Farca.
>>
His 73 goal season might never be replicated in human history, so at least he has that.
>>
System babby shitter who relies on refball and tax evasion to keep his mind at ease

On absolute tsuicide watch right now as he's been poopooed and finally exposed as a complete fraud
>>
He is really good but also extremely overrated, and will at all times have a huge chance the ref/fifa/biggest sponsor is on his side
>>
seriously,why americans are allowed to post in football threads?
>>
>>66791074
Fraud
>>
>>66791275
Zidane? Surely you mean...Scholes
>>
>>66791074
it's only downhill from here
>>
How can a man so short compete in professional sports?
>>
>>66791074
I think originaldo is goat. Messi is very good, but I think offense in general is overrated in soccer. Barcelona have the best attack in the world (supposedly) but somehow couldn't score once today. Just look at that Bayern juventus second leg a few weeks ago. For the first half guardiola was all "muh beautiful game short passes" before he realized the best bet was just crossing balls into the box. Basically what I'm saying is the "top" managers don't really know what they're doing. They routinely win by 1 or draw against teams whose total roster costs they literally double or triple.

Messi is very good, though.
>>
File: 1453606339332.png (634 KB, 798x497) Image search: [Google]
1453606339332.png
634 KB, 798x497
>>66791074
It's all over for him.
>>
He's definitely one of the best players in the world

His form, ironically since the Panama papers leak, has been shit. Also he came back from a 2 month injury and even when Barca was still winning when he came back, he wasn't as good as he was before.

I think we're starting to see a decline.
>>
>>66791074
Ronaldo's better
>>
>>66791385
>american thinks he has more right to talk about champions league than a brit
>>
He's the Greatest Ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwsFYkp_r5w
>>
>>66793060
lol is this shopped
>>
>Scandal destroying his public image just after coming back from injury

>Form Dropping

>PLASTIC BARCA FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>66793340
>tfw Donaldo could never do anything like this
>ever
>>
he is a fraud desu senpai
>>
>Youth career

>Farca

>Senior career

>Farca C
>Farca B
>Farca
>>
>>66791275
>le dog in a funny hat mayme
>>
>>66793450
>A player is only good if they can dribble past a gazillion defenders
Pls stop
>>
>>66793419

don't forget about getting caught with tax fraud... again.
>>
Why are Germans the ones who seem to be most against Messi being the GOAT? Seems to be a regular trend in all fact threads that Messi is the GOAT.
>>
Tax avoiding little hormone dwarf.

He is the king of manlets though
>>
>>66793806

let them have their fun, if higuain scored any of the sitters they would have nothing but bavaria to post about
>>
>>66793795
It's not that he can only dribble. He's not a GOAT passer, but a World Class passer. He's the best dribbler of all time and one of the best scorers of all time (if not the best ever, as current defences are much better than Pele days). Messi's decent at closing people down when he has to and he's got decent heading technique for such a manlet.

Stop rejecting the GOAT.
>>
>>66791362
underrated post
>>
>>66793347
Retard
>>
>>66791074
He is literally Tom Brady.
>system babby
>refball out the ass
>gets to play mostly shit teams in his league
>patriots play mostly shit in AFC East
>multiple championships
>basically equivalent of Brady losing to Broncos last year

He has the awards, team records, and owls. But lost the quarterfinals just now.
>>
>best dribbler the world has ever seen
>incredible vision and passing
>not only that, but has goalscoring records and outscored some black guy from 1950 for most goals in a year
>can start in center forward, outside forward, midfield, and still do great
>has 4 champions league medals
>olympic gold
>probably by this time next year be argentinas all-time goalscorer
>made continental and world championship finals and lost both in extra time/penalty
>somehow he's not the GOAT because he's been a few minutes shy of greatness or his teammates handball/miss a sitter
>5 game no-scoring streak is his worst ever, because he's been so dominant for the past decade
>>
>>66793968
He actually outscored a better striker than Pele. Gerd Muller, too bad he was an alco and only had two World Cups to play in.
>>
>>66793450
For me this is one of the greatest goals of all time, considering the oppostion and just pure classines of it, just a goal out of nothing, no player can do this in this era, very few could from any era, George Best, Garrincha, Maradona, Messi
>>
>>66793795
>A player is only good if they can dribble past a gazillion defenders
That is actually true. Name one GOAT contender that isn't also a great dribbler. Ronaldo used to be a great dribbler too.

Dribbling is the most basic skill in football, every middlefielder and attacker should be able to move the ball in tight areas.
>>
>>66792932
>valbuena.jpg
>giovinco.png
Only defenders and keepers need to be big, being a 6'8 nigger with 60 inch Biceps and a waistband holding on for dear life only benefits you in American sports
>>
>>66794082
Gerd Muller
>>
Xaviniesta babby
>>
>>66791362
it's this
>>
memes aside, he is honestly shit

literally wouldn't score a single goal in the prem

barca and uefa created the myth that messhit is good and the media ran with it

barca would be a much better team without him, he is literally there just to sell shirts
>>
>>66794604
Nice Bait
>>
>>66793876
He's a tax evading gnome that hasn'tscored or assisted in 5 games. Imagine the state of sp if that was Ronaldo.

I can't take you seriously when you're complimenting Messi's heading
>>
>>66793968
> americans
>>
>>66792118
>choke on playoffs
You clearly don't watch football
>>
>>66791074
He was a class player a few seasons ago. Now that he's past his prime he's literally strolling up and down the field scoring the odd tap in. He's like a really lazy and less smart Müller at that point of his career tbqh.
>>
>>66794082
I'm not saying dribbling isn't important. I'm saying that just because Ronaldo isn't as good a dribbler as Messi doesn't mean he isn't a good player
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.