[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best player in baseball right now? Would baseball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: harper.jpg (475 KB, 1000x757) Image search: [Google]
harper.jpg
475 KB, 1000x757
Who is the best player in baseball right now? Would baseball be more popular if it had a recognizable "face of the sport" like Messi, Curry, or even Brady?
>>
File: 1445304246886.jpg (107 KB, 405x329) Image search: [Google]
1445304246886.jpg
107 KB, 405x329
>face of the sport
>not even MVP
>>
Harper will reach that level once he signs that 500 million dollar contract with the Bankees.

Nobody cares about the Nats so Harper is irrelevant now, it will change once he moves to a big market club with an established fanbase.
>>
People want to see faster paced games with more dingers

That's what reels in the casuals

Regardless, baseball is more popular on a local level than it ever has, I think because there is a recognizable star on every single team and people still generally like baseball
>>
>>66756993
The yankees arent going to pay him what he wants. George is dead.They dont spend like they used to. He'll end up on the Dodgers or some other big market team who arent concerned with sucking as much profit off their team as possible like Hal does.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 599x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 599x372
Mike Trout is the best player in baseball. Unrelated, Paul Goldschmidt is the most underrated player in the league, dude's a beast
>>
>>66757143
>implying the Yankees are saving money for the 2018 free agent class which features tremendous young talent.

Barring injuries, Bryce Harper and Jose Fernandez will be signed by the Yanks to monster deals. A new Yankee dynasty begins in the 2020s.
>>
You can only become the face of the league if you're in Yankees or red sox. There hasn't been a household name since a-rod, Jeter, ortiz
>>
>>66758255
Keep dreaming. Hal doesnt think that way and the yankees dont have to save anything the money is there right now and will always be there. Georges sons are more interested in their wallets and coddling the wealthy faction of their fanbase than winning. Its already been proven.
>>
>>66757143
>dodgers with even more injury prone outfielders
why not
should get stanton too while they're at it
>>
>>66758682
Big spenders dont always spend smart look at the Red Sox.
>>
>>66758803

Pic very related
>>
>>66758803
when was the last time someone got a huge contract and actually lived up to it?
i feel like teams are better off letting people walk because players ALWAYS drop off once they get that money
>>
>>66756945
Make Baseball Fun Again
>>
>>66758841
Kershaw is the best one I can think of, but I wouldn't call that living up to it because it's 500 trillion dollars to play 1/5 the games
>>
>>66758828
oh man the pandas belt exploding in the game against the jays on Saturday was literally fucking hilarious. fuck the red sox lolololololol
>>
>>66758841

A-Rod was completely worth his first giant contract. It was only that retarded extension into his 40's that didn't work out.

Bonds massively outperformed every deal he ever signed.

Posey has a ~180 million one and is still by far the best catcher in the game.

Votto has been worth every penny, but he's got a NTC and refuses to move so he's wasted on the dumpster fire that is Cinnncinati

It's rare, but some guys do end up being worth it.
>>
>>66758828
>this is an "athlete" in America
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.