[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into hockey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: download-2.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download-2.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
I bought an NHL video game figured that would help but how do I get into hockey when I don't have a team near me?
>>
Buy another game
>>
How do you not have a team near you? Your only excuse is being a Hawaiian
>>
You don't. Fuck off were full
>>
Bandwagon the Blackhawks or the Capitals.

Both play at a high level. Pretty fun to watch.
>>
>>66746896
If you can get the NBC sports app(or watch on a PC). Just binge all the playoffs when they start. Flip between games, and then stick on a close game. Nothing beats the intensity of a close Stanley cup playoff matchup. You'll be hooked pretty quick. By then you'll find a story or player to follow and be able to pick a favorite team.

Right now the best story is the flyers. Their owner just died after staying alone long enough to see them clinch a playoff spot. They'll be fired up and they have a shot at taking down a 1 seed
>>
>>66747508
Yeah I can't imagine Canada having an eight team that can't make the playoffs

this is why Vegas is getting a team and Quebec isn't
>>
Watch whatever team you can watch on tv. Simple.
>>
Watch the game, shitnuts

Holy shit, what do you people think we're going to say when you ask how to get into a sport?

Fucking watch it you colossal idiot
>>
File: Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png (134 KB, 1093x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png
134 KB, 1093x1024
Pick a team something you like.

Some criteria that went into me.
>Do I like the city they play in
>Do I like the players on the rosters?
>Is their owner a Zionist jew?

That ruled out a lot of the teams for me. And someteams it's hard to find the identify of the owner.

My recomendation is Pittsburgh. Their one of the most popular teams nationally/globally so coverage is easier. They have amazing players like Crosby, their the hottest team in the league right now, their owner is a former player Mario Gomex(2nd behind Wayne Gretzky) so you can be sure he isn't jewish no matter what. Pittsburgh is a brotier region full of farmland.

Start a franchise with them on the NHL video game to learn their roster, use the lines they use in real life. Then watch the playoffs starting Wednesday. This team is poised to have a deep run.
>>
>>66751149
>Mario Gomex

wat.jpg

How do you get Gomex from Lemieux?
>>
File: 322263-mario-gomez.jpg (47 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
322263-mario-gomez.jpg
47 KB, 620x360
>>66751200

Whoops, haha.

Mario Gomez is a German footballer. Just messed up the names and added the x from Lemieux.

Yeah OP Mario Lemieux.
>>
File: spirit rw.jpg (834 KB, 1743x1832) Image search: [Google]
spirit rw.jpg
834 KB, 1743x1832
>>66746896
Red Wings. Cool State, tough city. Don't listen to all those >Detoilet.
Original six team, amazing history. Players who stick with there teams. 11 Stanley cups. 25 consecutive years. Fans are true comrades.
>>
>>66753744
Oh, and COOLEST LOGO EVER.
>>
>>66753744
>there
Fuck, my bad
>>
You have a team near you. You're in a team's media market. They probably just suck and you want an excuse to bandwagon.

What team is geographically closest to you? Congratulations that's your team.
>>
File: 1441880397238.png (199 KB, 350x439) Image search: [Google]
1441880397238.png
199 KB, 350x439
Post memes in /hoc/
>>
Gamble
>>
>>66747941

HA!

>CANADA BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!
>>
>>66753744

>Detoilet in charge of winning Cups anymore.

That's fucking rich
>>
>>66746978
holy shit i never even thought about that state and hockey in the same sentence until now
>>
>>66753890
See, if you join them now you wouldn't be a bandwagon fan.
>>
Coming from a booty blasted fan of a team that didn't make the playoffs I'd recommend following the Lightning or Stars. Both are young teams with high powered offenses and should be fun to watch
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.