[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dedicated pinch runner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: gore.jpg (31 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
gore.jpg
31 KB, 640x448
So the Royals just won a game in extra innings without a hit.
>10th inning
>May walks Colon
>Royals pinch run with Terrance Gore
>Wild pick off attempt
>Gore moves to third
>Orlando pops up, not deep enough to score Gore
>Escobar strikes out
>Wild pitch
>Gore scores, Royals Win.
The Royals have used this method countless times with Dyson and Gore. Gore doesn't do anything else in the majors but pinch run. How many dedicated pinch runners are out there, and why doesn't every team have one? It would seem to me that if a team was serious about winning, it would be worth it to have a guy on the bench that can steal on demand, and help with those close games. I don't think this strategy is used enough in MLB.
>>
And i meant the Royals didn't have a hit in the last inning, they had hits in the game.
>>
Why don't teams just sign Olympic sprinters to pinch run
>>
>>66743101
They really should, especially since they can have an extra 5 guys on the roster.
>>
>AL literally has to sign people just to function as normal human beings because their rosters are so loaded with morbidly obese roiders
kek
>>
>>66742453
>no webm in the op
>>
Why don't hockey teams just sign a super fat guy to sit in goal?
>>
>>66743159

>/sp/ is so butthurt that a meme team won the world series they are resorting to this level of mental gymnastics

is /sp/ the most embarrassing group of people EVER ??
>>
Tony Campana was pretty cool
>>
>>66742453

These Royals are an incredible team.

Sincerely,

A Yankees fan
>>
>>66743101
It's helpful to understand how to play baseball, I suppose.
>>
>>66743101
I remember watching this one show I forgot what but it was Baseball

They said a coach went to grab someone from the schools track and field team to be a baserunner for their Baseball team. He surprised everyone when he picked a consistent 4th-5th place finished instead of the #1 fastest guy on the team. His explanation was that even though he finished so down in the 100 meter dash, whenever he observed him in the races, he was always the first by far to reach 30 meters and then eventually fell behind. In baseball the distance between two bases is only 90 feet. He didn't need the 1st place 100 meter runners, he needed the 1st place 30 meter sprinter. It was absolute genius and it paid off as that guy became one of the best basestealers in the entire league.
>>
>>66744644
That sounds fucking awesome
>>
It comes down to roster spots. Managers and GMs must figure that having another position player who can occasionally hit or field will, in the long run, win them more games.

This situation is also one in which KC finds themselves in a lot. Their pitching and bullpen keep games close enough to the point to that conjuring up a single run with steals and bunts is more effective.

I'd like to see more of it.
>>
I really want to see Hosmer get struck by lightning during a game, hate that nigger
>>
TGore ran a 4.17 hand timed 40 at a random pro day for his junior college so the royals signed him for 5,000 dollars.
>>
>>66743215
that nigga's fast as fuck
>>
>>66743215
So KC won again on an error, just like last year's WS.
>>
>>66745622
=/
>>
just break that niggas leg
>>
File: a-anime.jpg (310 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
a-anime.jpg
310 KB, 600x720
Royals
>>
>>66744644
https://youtu.be/gODQWNk_lVw?t=3m53s
>>
>>66755143
Chinese cartoons have the answer to everything
>>
>>66755143
I'm never going to figure out how he beats him
>>
>>66742453
Why does he have batting gloves if all he does is pinch run?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.