[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will this meme league die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: MLS_avatar-400x400.png (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MLS_avatar-400x400.png
9 KB, 400x400
When will this meme league die?
>>
when pro/rel
>>
>>66739538
Stop sucking you mom's tranny cock and i'll let you know.
>>
>>66739555
Won't happen. Garber is actively against it being a possibility.
>>
>>66739615

hence, the dying part...
>>
>>66739986
Relegation would kill the league.

So I hope it happens.
>>
>>66739538
the PL will die before MLS does desu
>>
What's wrong with mls?
>>
>>66740002
more like kill american soccer in general for another 20 years, any team that gets promoted (including the lower league babby NY Cosmos) would not have the facilities, money, ownership, or ability to compete at MLS level, as many memes as there are people really are deluded enough to think MLS is a shit-tier league holding back the sport in this country
>>
>>66740069
>kill American soccer for another 20 years

Good. Fuck soccer.
>>
>>66740069
Except MLS really is a shit-tier league and the league along with the federation really are holding the sport back.
>>
File: MLelS.png (470 KB, 566x433) Image search: [Google]
MLelS.png
470 KB, 566x433
Never
>>
>>66739538
Why are you so mad?
>>
mls is like wrestling. just for fun. don't need to take it seriously or get upset about it.
things will change if and when our culture supports change. isn't nascar still way more popular than soccer in this country? think about that.
>>
File: 000008-AW.png (176 KB, 294x370) Image search: [Google]
000008-AW.png
176 KB, 294x370
Americans would be better of getting behind NASL teams, not these manufactured, corporate entities in their closed shop, pyramid scheme of a league.

American supporters actually have the opportunity to go support their grassroots and locals sides, but they still gravitate towards a plastic league that has no consequences. It's fucking weird.

Actually, I should probably mention I have bumped into quite a few NASL supporters online and they were generally pretty cool. Some weirdos, but mostly pretty okay - so they do actually exist. Just a shame there's not more of them.
>>
>>66741964
fuck off traffic shill
>>
>>66741702
MLS has the third-highest average attendance among all professional sports leagues with teams in the United States, ranking behind the NFL and MLB but ahead of the NBA and NHL
>>
>>66745640
how many people are watching it on tv?
>>
>>66745767
Barely anyone because of the nfl jews
>>
>>66745640
>ahead of the NBA and NHL

Because soccer stadiums are bigger. You can only make an NBA/NHL arena so big (usually a max 20,000 seats), but a soccer stadium can have anywhere from 20,000 to 80,000. When you look at revenue this is how the leagues stack up:

1. NFL ($13 billion)
2. MLB ($9.5 billion)
3. NBA ($4.8 billion)
4. NHL ($3.7 billion)
POWER GAP
5. MLS ($0.4 billion)

And when it comes to TV ratings:
1. NFL
2. MLB
3. NBA
4. NHL
5. Liga MX (Mexican soccer league)
6. Premier League (English soccer league)
7. MLS
>>
It won't, more teams coming in every year, the league is actually making money believe it or not. Still teams and players owned by the league, not independent clubs. Tons of money to 3 players, the rest of the team lacking talent and not getting paid more than Scandinavian leagues. No free agency, tight salary cap, no promotion/relegation.

MLS models itself after NFL and North American sports leagues, not a traditional soccer league. It wont die anytime soon, but it also wont reach its goal of being a top league.

Main talent pipeline is college soccer, and most players from there are typical cookie-cutter American players. Bad 1st touch, no creativity, runners, physical, run run run. With expansion the level of play will drop off even more despite what their marketing may say. And probably try to fill the gap with overpaid and past it foreigners like Gerrard.
>>
>>66739538
Why does the diagonal line go out of the badge? Did someone make a mistake?
>>
File: lelway.jpg (76 KB, 534x604) Image search: [Google]
lelway.jpg
76 KB, 534x604
>Team has literally won a championship
>Nobody gives a shit

Sorry, Rapids.
>>
>>66739538
Probably never. It's going to get a boost when professional luckswing is taken of life support.
>>
>>66741964
But my local team is an MLS team, nigel, also NASL is a shittier cheaper version of MLS
>>
>>66747151

Garber sneezed when he was drawing the logo, had a laugh and just said "fuck it".
>>
>>66741964
But anon, NASL is a literal pyramid scheme
>>
>>66747143
This is almost completely wrong
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.