[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>turn to espnu >its this What the fuck? No seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 620x349
>turn to espnu
>its this

What the fuck? No seriously when did this become a thing? On an ESPN channel no less.

Max cringe
>>
>>66693627

Robots needs to convince themselves that video game isnt completely pointless, so they invented the e sport concept
>>
>>66693627
I caught Halo on sportscenter once
>>
Let's break it down for this pleb ass Reddit lurking OP.
ESPN is a business trying to make money.

They're going to shill whatever they think will help them do that, and apparently the E-Sports meme got to one of their business execs who thought it would be a good idea to shill it on their channels

If you've taken ESPN seriously in the last decade, you're a fucking loser.
>>
>Poker
>Sausage eating contests
>Children's spelling contests

I don't know why you're surprised.
>>
>>66693982
lol ikr , i wonder if they also think of themselves as athletes.
>>
>>66694270
Spelling bee is top shit and worthy.

Some beta fags with meme names playing some Warcraft looking shit with people seriously discussing it like its the final four is something entirely different
>>
>hes not an e-athlete

Get off ur fat ass and do something with yourselves and stop hating on us plz
>>
>2004
>still watching ESPN
>>
I play esports semi professionally and I can tell you that it takes more skill than any other sports. So don't knock it unless you've tried it.
>>
>>66693627

Get with the times grandpa :^)
>>
>>66694270
>he hates the spelling bee

Fuck you Gokul is based
>>
to be fair, espn u is shit even by espn shit standards
lebagoats time slot is constantly getting taken over by girls high school apehoop
>>
>>66694720
>any other sports
IT'S NOT A FUCKING SPORT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>66694785
>replying seriously
>>
>>66694785

>competition between well trained athletes, with set rules and a winner

It is the definition of a sport, shitbrains.
>>
>>66694270
The only one I'll give you is poker, that shit is fucking dumb to broadcast when actual sports can be shown. The hot dog eating contest is tradition and the spelling bee is hardcore as fuck.
>>
It's actually a fun sport to watch if you give it a chance. Bliz makes great games.
>>
Colleges give it scholarships for students to come play league of legends for them. It's a thing
>>
Can we talk about Dota on spee now
>>
How does one go about looking their father in the eye and telling him you're going to be a professional Heroes of the Storm player? I'd respect and love my dad too much for that.
>>
>>66694901
>murkywinslol
>great game
bruh...
>>
they had the the women's bowling SWAC conference championship (one of the bix hood conferences) on the other day, I think ESPNU just doesn't have any good content on right now tbqh

>>66694935
most of them are UC schools trying to justify why everyone on campus is asian
>>
File: 204446_1.jpg (28 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
204446_1.jpg
28 KB, 265x370
>this gets televised but MTG never will
>>
>>66695145
Just watch hearthstone its the same shit
>>
>>66695170
That suffers from the severe problem that hots also does.
*insert most recent card set/hero released* is overpowered as all fuck, since they want people to waste money on them
>>
Sure, televise it. Problem is unlike actual sports where you can use the I weigh 750 pounds and have no friends to play with excuse, there is literally no reason to watch rather than play video games.
>>
>>66695253
People watching other people play videogames is one of the few things I don't understand. I can excuse and understand almost everything but watching other people play is so alien to me, it somewhat made sense back in the day of the arcades but not now.
>>
>>66695206
>>66695170
Also, you know, dat RNG
>>
>>66695054
>most of them are UC schools trying to justify why everyone on campus is asian

its because UC schools are among the best in the country and theres tons of asians in the state
>>
>>66694811
>athletes
>>
>>66694811
>athlete

They are the equivalent of a Nascar driver , or Darts player...skilled at something with mechanical skill, but not an athlete
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.