[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does UEFA hate Benfica?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 2je70c8.jpg (43 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
2je70c8.jpg
43 KB, 600x300
Why does UEFA hate Benfica?
>>
Only deliberate handballs are offences.
>>
Because everyone hates Benfica. Estoril or bust.
>>
>>66628517
>(not true, by the way)
>>
Who doesn't hate Benfica?
>>
It's nothing to do with UEFA, its Bela Guttman's curse!
>>
>>66628517

Well ain't that a load of bullshit.

Literally all it matters is distance and if the arm movement is congruous to rest of the body, granted he's not chimping out with the arms up in the air. If the arm position makes sense all things considered, if the distance was too small for the player to dodge the impact then it's not penalty.

In that picture there's two clear penalty kicks, with the third being at least debatable.
>>
>>66628526
literally true, by the way
>>
>>66628481
that's not a penalty, and it wont change if you make yet enother thread
>>
The curse.
>>
>>66628526
t. Piero Scaruffi
>>
>>66628609
>Literally all it matters is distance and if the arm movement is congruous to rest of the body
Literally all that matters is if it's deliberate with some guidelines as to how to assess whether it was.
>>
It's because they're a bunch of filthy fucking Portuguese faggots. Wouldn't give them a hand ball if I was the ref to be desu
>>
test
>>
Only the first two probably warranted a call
>>
>>66628481
if that was a handball then all you'd have to do in the box is to constantly shoot the ball at players for ez pens and free goals
>>
The entire world hates Benfica, they are the Mexico of football.
>>
If Mourinho joined Benfica, how bad would it be?

The Benfica goalkeeper would be redcarded for handball? The other team would start the game with a penalty kick instead of a kickoff?
>>
Letting teams from farm leagues go all the way is bad for business, prices might go up.
>>
File: cheeky bela.png (360 KB, 848x1039) Image search: [Google]
cheeky bela.png
360 KB, 848x1039
If only you'd just given me my pay rise
>>
File: Béla Guttmann Trophies.jpg (172 KB, 785x785) Image search: [Google]
Béla Guttmann Trophies.jpg
172 KB, 785x785
>>66629022
>>
>>66628481
Everybody hates benfucka
>>
Return the slab
>>
>>66628481
Who?
>>
>>66628775
This. Nobody seems to bother with the rules anyway, especially /sp/ posters and those born somewhere around 2000

>"There was contact he's entitled to go over in the box"
>"It's a contact sport, if the contact isn't sufficient to go down it's a dive"
>"Nah, you're just lying"

I can't fully blame them when commentators/pundits actually agree with them and then complain something has to be done about players diving. It's a similar sort of thing with

>Last man back/goalkeeper will only make a challenge if they really really need to because they know if they fuck it up they're getting sent off for "stopping a goal scoring opportunity"
>If an attacking player is in the box, but doesn't have a shot on and/or doesn't want to play the pass in case they lose possession there's nothing to stop them from diving to give them the best goal scoring opportunity available
>ie a penalty

Why wouldn't they when the most that's going to happen if they do get called out on "simulation" (otherwise known as blatant cheating) is a booking. People cry that "you can't give him a red for diving because you can't prove it and it's punishing the team" yet they have no problem with a player being sent off when there's been no contact and he was the last man back.
>>
>Benfikek
>>
>>66628481
>Benfeces in charge of being relevant Internationally

A shit team from Portugal who never wins anything is the last thing on UEFA's mind
>>
Portuguese truly are the monkeys of Europe.
It must be the language.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.