[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fencing is a sport right? It's in the Olympics and has a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Fencing is a sport right? It's in the Olympics and has a rich history dating back hundreds of years. I'm crossboarding from /tg/ right now and I'm not sure if this should be here or /asp/ (which seems to just be /wwe/)

The Collegiate Fencing Competition was this past weekend at Brown University in Rhode Island, wrapping up my collegiate career. It's just going to be USFA tournies from now on, which is absolute suffering as a sabrist in the midwest.

Should I cave to the bandwagon and pick up epee?

But man, I was busting my ass at the end, trying to pick up the Freshman's slack and got a peak past my current plateau. I had about three parry ripostes where I felt like a god among men.
>>
It's a sport and everything but you're definitely gonna get more response on /asp/ although I wouldn't think that much since it's a generally slow board besides the wrestling
>>
>>66603526
Most people here will say /asp/ but I really enjoy fencing.
>>
File: bait bolg.png (39 KB, 798x597) Image search: [Google]
bait bolg.png
39 KB, 798x597
>>66603559
I'll bite

Under what definition of "sport" is it not one?
>>
File: handegg.jpg (51 KB, 700x550) Image search: [Google]
handegg.jpg
51 KB, 700x550
>>66603649
>you dress up in plastic plate mail and pretend you're black. First one to carry the ball to the other side is the winner and gets his dick sucked by the loser. Me and my cousins used to play it all the time in the back yard with pieces of dirt
>>
>>66603526
Physical
Competitive
Score isn't calculated by judges
Actually fun to watch

It's a sport. And probably one of the best thing in summer olympics
>>
File: 1434875509883.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434875509883.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>66603708
fucking kek good job.
>>
>>66604480
>Actually fun to watch
The average person disagrees with you, but they're developing LED tracker lights for blades so normies can see the action apparently.
>>
>>66606075
I guess Im a normie for liking LEDs
>>
>>66607304
Everyone likes LEDs, it's just that every fencer I know can see the blades just fine and don't need them looking like lightsabers to follow the bout.
>>
>>66603708
>9gag
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.