[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever get confused with baseball rules during a game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Baseball_(crop).jpg (1 MB, 1697x1644) Image search: [Google]
Baseball_(crop).jpg
1 MB, 1697x1644
Did you ever found yourself in confunsion regarding the rules of baseball while watching, attending or playing a game?

I used to think if you had three strikes, you'd be out, until once I saw the batter run. I looked up why he did so and found out about the dropped third strike rule.

I used to think that everyone who got to the home plate before the third out was made would score a run, but when I noticed how often after a hit with a runner on third, they would rather put the batter-runner out. I looked up why they did so, and found out that if the third out is a force out, runs on that play don't count.

Everyrule has several sub-rules, and the latter have other divisions too. The whole thing is quite complex.
My knowledge of baseball comes from watching it and looking up the rules on the internet.

So I want to know from those who know the rules from playing it, from being in a country where baseball is popular, do they teach you all the rules there? Or did you ever think you knew everything and saw a play on TV or an umpire made a call when you were playing that left you confused because of not knowing all the rules?
>>
>>66595741
>found yourself in confunsion
find*
confusion*
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 350x464
>>66595741
Now i get why yuros don't like baseball, if its not kick ball into net

> it is too complicated for their little brains
>>
anda a votar a macri pelotudo
>>
>>66595952
>Not knowing a rule before knowing it exists means not understanding it.
Right.
>>
>>66596010
¿Qué mierda tiene que ver Macri con el béisbol?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 600x605
>>66596039
>Watching a game before reading the rule book

Its required 4th grade reading in america. Every child gets the rule book from their physical education class since Eisenhower was president. Thats why its americas past time.
>>
I remember my dad explaining while drawing on a piece of paper. I was pretty young. Only made sense watching and growing up with it.

Just keep watching and within a season you should come across every rule that doesn't need a weird explanation.

I remember when first watching epl like 13 years ago and didn't understand offside rule. Obviously sawker has a much easier learning curve.
>>
Basically everybody plays little League when they're younger and they understand the basic stuff (3 strikes you're out, you catch ball and they're out, etc) but for the meme stuff like you're describing the kids just play regularly while their parents and coaches are screaming incoherent nonsense.
>>
>>66595741
Now that I think of it, baseball probably has the most quirky shit like reaching third on a passed ball, raising your arms when the ball gets eaten by ivy at Wrigley, or the neighborhood play not requiring to tag the base or runner.

To answer your question OP, yeah I just loved the sport. Played some video games on it. But you just know the rules after watching countless hours.
>>
I'd bet very few people would be able to explain infield fly or balks.
>>
I still dont understand the infield fly rule

like, I get how it works. But it seems like a really easy way to get runners out
>>
Yes and then I threw garbage at the >rags

>>66596477
>But it seems like a really easy way to get runners out

Except it actually helps the runners
>>
>>66596477
The infield fly rule is to prevent defenses from just letting the ball hit the ground and getting an easy double play. I actually learned it from playing backyard baseball and getting pissed that it would happen to me.
>>
>>66596457
Tagging up and knowing when a force out is no longer a force out and thats about all the hard rules.
>>
Even more in depth, if you play Road to the Show in MLB The Show. There's a little player's manual. Its legit, rules of the game. But not what a hit consists of. More of how you become an unrestricted free agenct, what the rule 5 draft is, etc. Crazy stuff.
>>
I took a course to umpire highschool baseball as a side job in college. It was a while ago, but even with growing up with baseball there were rules I didn't know.
>>
File: 1363230178659.jpg (7 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
1363230178659.jpg
7 KB, 241x250
Sure. When I was 4.
>>
>>66596114
funny thing too is I didn't know about this either til I played baseball
>reading rules on a boring game
>>
>>66595741
Que haces mirando beisbooool autista de mierda?
>>
>>66600099
> el no juega beis/tenis/ ajedrez
> nunca ha jugado polo
> es hincha de povertyball
Aii limão provinxiado
>>
http://youtu.be/9YlzkAm2nG8

>absolutely no intention of batting
>walks

America explain this shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.