[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blue Moon Sterling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Raheem-Sterling-Man-City.jpg (149 KB, 1000x538) Image search: [Google]
Raheem-Sterling-Man-City.jpg
149 KB, 1000x538
pretty shitty debut season huh lads

Will Pep turn him into a world class player?
>>
>>66594265

Nope. He will fade into obscurity because everyone hates him for being a spoiled rich little cunt with zero talent
>>
>>66594265
he will be city's oxlade-chamberlain
>>
He's 21. City paid too much but he's still going to be a very good player, there's been enough great performances from him this season to show that.
>>
>>66594265
only aguero and KDB maybe have contributed more goals than him, city have been shit this year, if sterling is still shit when the whole squad is playing up to it's usual standard then they can start panicking.
>>
File: smug lcim.jpg (68 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
smug lcim.jpg
68 KB, 634x471
>>66594281
>haters make you fail
>>
He hasn't been outright bad. But what is kind of worrying is that he's not improving. A player should be improving almost on a month to month basis in the 18-22 period of his career, meanwhile Sterling is still the exact same player that he was 2 years ago
>>
He's going to be sent to NYC, where he'll become the best big fish in a small pond ever
>>
Pep will mould him into a world class player, just like he did with Gotze la
>>
>le suarez babby nignog #2
If Shitty buy the rat king then he may have a chance
>>
>>66594682
his best season was after suarez left you melt
>>
>>66594708
No, he was at his best in the first half of 2014. His stats just suffered because Brenny benched him or played him as a wing back in the first half of the season
>>
>>66594265
This is why you don't buy English players (on inflated prices). £50 fucking million for a £20 million ability-wise player.

Chelsea almost made the same mistake by getting Stones for that sort of price.
>>
>>66594823
Loan him to the states. Vieira needs a competent winger
>>
he's just another jack rodwell.
>>
>>66594397
Did they though? I'm not so convinced
>>
>>66594660
Fuck I genuinely forgot Gotze exists. What happened to him anyways?
>>
>>66594900
Sits on the bench and he's preparing to fuck off
>>
>>66594964
Pep is a cheeky lad isn't he? Talk about raping a national hero up the ass.
>>
>>66594265
Nope. Hell get benched and then flogged to arsenal
>>
>>66594265
Keep poop away from Alex Iwobi you greedy assholes
>>
He was probably our best player in the first couple of months of the season as he really brought another dimension to our attack that had got a little predictable over the last couple of seasons, he kind of faded as other players got injured he was given a less free role in the team though

His movement is absolutely world class and he's only 21, he just needs to learn to be able to put his foot through the ball when he gets some space and he'll be one of the best players out there - he almost always tries to sidefoot his shots and that's why he's missed in some of the high profile spots that people see and think he's bad despite it being his incredibly intelligent movement that will have created it
>>
massive over payment
>>
>>66594281
I don't get this meme.

He was the best player for a shitty team with a shitty manager.

Rodgers was literally playing him all over the place. Sometimes he was a number 9 (and considering he's a small guy and not particularly strong that was never going to work) and even as a defensive midfielder a couple times.

He's a capable player, so he decided to leave and play for a bigger team. Liverpool decided he was worth 50m and Manchester City were the only team willing to pay the fee, so he joined them.

How does that make him greedy? Why do people automatically assume money was the key factor here and not the fact that he didn't want to play for an underachieving club with an underachieving manager?
>>
He will be sold to atletico
>>
>>66595953
> english player
> playing abroad

heh. Never gonna happen.
>>
>>66596022
Crystal palace then
>>
>>66595832

Stevie G told him to wait it out. He knew BR wouldn't be in charge much longer. Maybe he felt LFC was sooner or later about to make a decent manager hire. Raheem jumped the gun, son.
>>
>>66596235
He left to win cups and has done so already by winning a cup this season.
>>
>>66595832
I get your argument, his pay raise was pretty substantial and disproportionate to his skill level imo.

I'd say he's more spoiled than anything. I honestly think Rodgers (being the idiot that he is), did Sterling a huge disservice sending him on vacation (an act echoed in part when Woy benched him because he was tired). The way the whole thing was handled, putting his needs before the needs of the rest of the team.

Yes, he was the best player on a poor team, he got special treatment, he got bought for a stupid-high fee with a ridiculous salary increase. Add in the fact that he's a young and talented athlete with the right to be cocky (and the excessive media storm surrounding him), it's a sort of perfect environment for him to develop a spoiled, shitty attitude.

That said, he's young and I'm definitely not implying he's finished. He's got plenty of time to mature live up to the expectations/earn that salary. I'm just worried he's been put in an environment that sort of promotes the idea that he's the best, and as a result he won't feel the need to work for that title.

But I could be really off-base. I've never been a huge fan of him so maybe I'm just totally off base with a ridiculously biased argument against him.
>>
>>66596235
But why should he have waited it out?

He's playing for City, who are most likely gonna get Champions League football this year and have at least challenged for the title more than fucking Liverpool. And he plays regular first team football there, it's not like he's on the fringes of the team.

And now Pep Guardiola's coming in.

There was no point in staying. The City move made perfect sense from a footballing perspective. Regular first team football at a better club with better players. The money was just an added bonus for him.
>>
>>66596279
By beating Klopp's Liverpool in the final, nonetheless.

I'm not even a City fan but it's very clear that Sterling's not in the wrong at all for his move.
>>
Liverpoo fans literally SEETHING he didnt stay at their small club and waste his career away

Instead he followed common sense and ambition, which somehow makes him the greediest man in Europe

Scousers never make a fuss when they poach key players from other small teams, ironic kek
>>
>>66597714
>small club

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-comment-1billion-valuation-9205206

ABLism is truly a horrific mental illness
>>
>>66597855
>Crucially, they still sit behind domestic rivals Manchester United (3rd, £2.03billion), Manchester City (5th, £905million), Chelsea (6th, £898million) and Arsenal (7th, £859million).

So Sterling was right in every way to pack up and move to a big club

>you
>>
>>66598043
>8th most valuable club in the world

they're by no means a "small club", anon
>>
>>66598222
And City is 5th so unless you're retarded, Sterling in every way, moved to a bigger club
>>
>>66598391
But you said "small club".

Not smaller club.

You lost.
>>
>>66598434

You cant even follow your own narrative anymore

You brought up some stupid shit about how money makes you a big club which was wrong, and now turn to semantics

Liverpool are not big, they never were, they are old news and the last thought on peoples minds

West Ham are bigger than Livershit
>>
>>66595832
>you can't be a good no. 9 if your aren't big or strong
>>
>>66598635
>they never were

Woah there buddy. They were huge. They've been irrelevant, small club for years, but they were huge.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.