[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only half of the tickets are sold with just 4 months left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: river.jpg (129 KB, 702x370) Image search: [Google]
river.jpg
129 KB, 702x370
>only half of the tickets are sold with just 4 months left until the opening ceremony

Will this be the greatest sports blunder of our time?
>>
perhaps
>>
Yes and hopefully it will teach sporting authorities not to let countries that don't give a fuck about sport host a big event
>>
What is the mean income of the average favela person?

What is the average price of the tickets for any given sporing event in the next Olympics?

How can I appear socially aware and liberal without sounding like a total reddit douche?
>>
>>66588646
Is that a chastity belt?
>>
Their economy is in a recession and they're about to impeach the President over a corruption scandal.

Brazilians have more important things to spend their money on instead of watching in the stands. They need to spend their monthly earnings to get to the stadium.

Leave it to Amerifats to fly in and buy up the tickets. Luckily they'll have unlimited access to McDonald's and Coca-Cola cause they're Olympic sponsors.
>>
>>66588646
>>only half of the tickets are sold with just 4 months left until the opening ceremony

Do ticket touts not exist in Brazil?
>>
>>66589140
if they do that means even less than half have been sold
>>
clean pools
>>
>>66588781

The problem is no developed country wants to host the Olympics anymore because it's a corrupt shitshow that burns billions of Euros/Dollars/Pounds and the promised economic benefits never happen.

Meanwhile developing countries want the Olympics so they can say "Hey look at us we can finally play with the big boys and host an important worldwide sports event!"
>>
>>66588859
>How can I appear socially aware and liberal without sounding like a total reddit douche?
not possible
>>
>>66588994
>chastity belt
>in the country of Homicído e Degeneraçao
>>
>>66588646
well at least brazil is a LGBT paradise, you'll see plenty of dong swinging gays and hot bunda lesbos
>>
>>66588646
>letting 3rd world countries host global sporting events
JUST
>>
>>66589519
Does Russia even have money to finance 2018 world cup?
>>
>>66588646
Why is your excuse to not buy tickets to Olympics?
>>
>>66589464
>no developed country wants to host the Olympics anymore
That's not true, in fact a city like Melbourne would greatly benefit. For one, we're already home to world class stadiums/sporting facilities/arenas etc. for literally any kind of sport, which will greatly minimise construction expenditure. The government could also use it as an excuse to completely develop a disused/industrial part of the city into Apartment complexes/entertainment precincts for the athletes, then sell it off to investors afterwards at a huge profit (while adding value to the city itself). We have relatively uncorrupt and competent State and Federal governments, which means the budget most likely won't blow out 50 times larger than expected. Not to mention a surge in tourism and international publicity.
>>
File: host and bid cities.png (23 KB, 329x326) Image search: [Google]
host and bid cities.png
23 KB, 329x326
>>66589464

>Literally making shit up
>>
>>66589464

Melbourne still want it
>>
ahahahah fuck me, I posted this >>66589605 ironically but then realised a Cucktorian had UNIRONICALLY already shilled Lelbourne >>66589583

kek

KEK

K E K
>>
>>66589616
cool blog, keep us updated
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 400x399
>Olympics blunder
>7-1
>corruption
>diseases everywhere

It's almost as if the world wanted to wipe us out of the universe
[spoiler] I'm okay with that [/spoiler]
>>
>>66589622

>P..P..P..P..P-PLEASE NOTICE OUR CITY BIG STRONG EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS

kys
>>
>>66589596
>la cuidad de madrid
>>
Average income is about U$220/month per capita
>>
>>66589596
>Olympics in Tokyo
>Winter olympics in Korea
fuck everything.
>>
>>66589545
g f y dot com slash GoodSnoopyGuillemot
>>
>>66589636
it's ok ours is 200
>>
>>66589628
man you queenslanders really have an insecurity complex and a half.
>>
>>66588646
Is that really bad? 4 months is still a long time to go until the events. Usually how long before the events do the tickets sell out?
>>
>>66589736

>Millions of sports fans were told yesterday they will miss out on the 2012 Olympics because of massive demand for tickets.

>More than 20million applications were made for the 6.6million available seats at next summer's Games – making it the most sought-after event in UK sporting history.

>At least half the sessions have sold out and the opening ceremony is ten times oversubscribed.

That was in April 2011, 16 months before the games!
>>
File: 798.png (2 MB, 1108x860) Image search: [Google]
798.png
2 MB, 1108x860
>>
File: 459.png (1 MB, 1132x748) Image search: [Google]
459.png
1 MB, 1132x748
>>
The WC was supposed to be a car crash and ended up being pretty great. It'll be fine, probably.
>>
File: 1440428847499.png (21 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1440428847499.png
21 KB, 420x300
>>66589801
>>66589827
>>
>>66589796
Holy shit, hues on suicide watch
>>
>>66589847
that's because Brazil is absolutely obsessed with football, not so much with the olympics.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF1QpcOqzrc
>>
>>66589596
What politicians want != what real people want. The NYC 2012 Olympics bid was founded by a Deputy Mayor under Bloomberg who had financial ties in everything. The city already has a ton of infrastructure, traffic, etc. problems and didn't need an olympic game to encourage improvements. The game would just do the opposite, forcing expensive new building to benefit cronies of the politicians and causing a shitload of problems for the city in the short and long terms.

Look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics
>Hamburg
>On 29 November 2015 a referendum was held in which 51.6% of the citizens voted against a bid for the Olympics

LA wants a new Football stadium and they want the Olympics as a grandoise excuse to have taxpayers foot the bill for NFL teams. And the people of LA are so dumb and desperate they want this saddling debt and shit too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_bid_for_the_2024_Summer_Olympics
>On February 23, 2016 more than 88% of Angelenos are in favor of the city's hosting the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid, according to a survey conducted by Loyola Marymount University, which received 2,425 responses

There are at least some differences for LA in that they have a lot of existing centers for events so they don't have to build absolutely everything, which mitigates it somewhat. But it's still a huge waste of money.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3KPnrNo2U
>>
>>66589664
rip your economy
>>
Where is the source? When i tried to buy tickets back in february, the available tickets were sold out within minutes
>>
>>66588994
buttplug desu
>>
File: download.jpg (63 KB, 738x738) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
63 KB, 738x738
>>66589952
I'd smash her so hard that Neymar wouldn't even have to pretend to fall over
>>
>>66588646

>host world cup
>suffer most embarrassing home loss in world cup history in semis
>host olympics
>no one wants to go

should we just nuke brazil and put it out of its misery?
>>
File: claude.png (2 MB, 1306x896) Image search: [Google]
claude.png
2 MB, 1306x896
>>
File: BAEE.png (2 MB, 1342x982) Image search: [Google]
BAEE.png
2 MB, 1342x982
>>
I've lived in 4 "Olympic cities" and I can confirm that they are a scam.

Idiot citizens do tons of work FOR FREE.
Idiot athletes perform FOR FREE.
Idiot city builds infrastructure for Olympics and TAXPAYERS PAY FOR IT.

And then...only ~30% of tickets ever go on sale - all the best ones are given (at taxpayers expense) to the IOC members, their friends, families, and business contacts, and to the major corporate sponsors and their families, friends, and business associates.

There is no lasting "legacy" except huge debt.

Being proud that your city is hosting the Olympics is like being proud that a criminal chose you to rob.

Any athlete whose biggest competition is the Olympics has made some poor choices in their life to get to a point where they've trained their whole lives just to perform for free.

At least trained seals have to be captured or born into servitude.
>>
>>66589464
>>66589596
It's usually a way to legitimate the regime though
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (309 KB, 1515x707) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
309 KB, 1515x707
>>66590257
One good thing that came out from us hosting the 2012 Olympics were the Olympic 50p coins they distributed.

Still trying to collect some of them. Got about 16 of them so far.
>>
>>66589596
Budapest would be fucking amazing. I'd attend that for sure.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.